Twin Otter X Vc Graphics Poor

Trailboss

I just downloaded this add-on two days ago and today went for a first flight. I was disappointed to find the VC graphics poor compared to all my other add-ons from Aerosoft and other vendors, nothing like the clarity of the screen shots on the Aerosoft website. Exterior views are great, but sitting in the left seat, the radio stack is very clear, but the transponder below it is so blurry it's impossible to read or to see the controls. Same with the fuel pump switches and surrounding areas. Almost all the switches, both active and not active, are very blurry. Some areas of the instrument panel and overhead panels are clear, but the areas mentioned are almost unusable. I understand this add-on is intentionally simplified to increase frame rates, but the way everyone else on the forum is raving about it, I wonder if I've done something wrong in the installation. I just downloaded it June 10, so presumably it is version 1.11, correct?

All my other add-ons including several Aerosoft products work fine, but in case it's something about my computer, my system specs are:

eMachines T6532

XP MCE SP2

4 GB memory

AMD Ath 64 +3500

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT

FSX with SP1 and SP2 installed

One other question: I can't find the avionics switch to turn on the GPS and autopilot; please tell me where to look.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just downloaded this add-on two days ago and today went for a first flight. I was disappointed to find the VC graphics poor compared to all my other add-ons from Aerosoft and other vendors, nothing like the clarity of the screen shots on the Aerosoft website. Exterior views are great, but sitting in the left seat, the radio stack is very clear, but the transponder below it is so blurry it's impossible to read or to see the controls. Same with the fuel pump switches and surrounding areas. Almost all the switches, both active and not active, are very blurry. Some areas of the instrument panel and overhead panels are clear, but the areas mentioned are almost unusable. I understand this add-on is intentionally simplified to increase frame rates, but the way everyone else on the forum is raving about it, I wonder if I've done something wrong in the installation. I just downloaded it June 10, so presumably it is version 1.11, correct?

All my other add-ons including several Aerosoft products work fine, but in case it's something about my computer, my system specs are:

eMachines T6532

XP MCE SP2

4 GB memory

AMD Ath 64 +3500

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT

FSX with SP1 and SP2 installed

One other question: I can't find the avionics switch to turn on the GPS and autopilot; please tell me where to look.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just found a posting entitled "Twin Otter Radio Stack Blurries Textures" which describes a problem similar but opposite to mine: the person posting had a blurry radio stack and rest of the panel clear, my radio stack is very clear but the surrounding areas are blurry. I'll check the Global Textures setting later today, and also whether or not the box for "High Resolution 3D cockpit" is checked. Since my other FSX generic and add-on planes have clear instrument panels, I don't think those will be solutions, but I'll try them.

I reset the graphics to the highest but that didn't make any difference. I used the "A" to change views, and each view was in good focus for the featured system, so I guess that's as good as it gets. I never could get the transponder into focus, but the other systems, yes. It's a good add-on and I enjoy flying it, so no problem.

Hello, Shaun, and thanks for responding. I'm attaching some screenshots of the instrument panel. You can see how the gauges in the left and center pilots panel are clear, and the copilot center panel instruments are clear, but top and bottom center panel is really fuzzy. I hope the pics help.

2008_6_15_15_47_14_671.BMP

2008_6_15_15_47_40_343.BMP

2008_6_15_15_48_3_859.BMP

2008_6_15_15_48_32_859.BMP

Hello, Shaun, and thanks for responding. I'm attaching some screenshots of the instrument panel. You can see how the gauges in the left and center pilots panel are clear, and the copilot center panel instruments are clear, but top and bottom center panel is really fuzzy. I hope the pics help.

Hi Trailboss,

I had the same problem and was quite disappointed - at first. But it improved. Please try this:

Go to "settings" --> "Scenery" --> Put "Scenery Complexity" to "Maximum" (totally to the right side)

This should solve your problem. Hope it helps!!!!

(I have the german version, so may be the words are not exactly correct, but you will find it)

Greets fromSwitzerland

Johann <_<

I rather think Shaun is right.

Go to the display setting screen. On the first tab where You select screen resolution and lock the framerate. Look on the right side there is a slider for the max global texture resolution. Set it to max.

Scenery complexity should not have anything to do with the poor image quality !!

The avionics switch is placed on the right forward part of the overhead panel, just beside the Windshield wiper switch.

Kind regards

Finn

Shaun was right: I shoved the Global Texture Resolution to the max and the instrument panel cleared up perfectly. Now I agree with everyone else on how great this add-on is. The only thing is that I still can't find that blasted avionics switch. I searched the area that Finn described, and I find a wipers on/off switch that works, to the left of it are two switches for high and low speed of the wipers (they didn't work, but I didn't try them with the wiper switch on), and there's a single switch close to those 3 but it doesn't do anything on mine. I've set a joystick toggle to turn the avionics on and off, so I solved the problem, but I just don't see the switch on the panel.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Shaun,

Thanks for your usual fast reply. That switch doesn't appear in my VC; I studied that area carefully and it is blank in the area you have highlighted. Have there been any patches that would have added this? Tomorrow I'll send you a screen shot of that area.

Thanks again for your solution to the blurry problem.

Hello Trailboss,

The latest version is 1.11 and this may be the answer you seek.

Requested changes done;

- Avionics switch added

If you dont have the Avionics switch then you may have a lesser version as it was added by customer request.

If you purchased the product from www.aerosoft.com then you can redownload the full version update from your account.

Or if purchased from anywhere other than www.aerosoft.com it can be downloaded from the FAQs/Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com

The FAQs on the forum explain how to go about registering etc at the FAQs/Updates section.

I suppose that You have the download version.

It seems that You need to update to the 1.11 version that can be found in the FAQ/Update section of the Aerosoft main page !

Einn

Shaun,

Sorry to be such a pain, but I bought and downloaded the application from fspilot.com. I received a serial number/key from them. Just now I went to the Aerosoft FAQ/Downloads, logged in, chose the Twin Otter, and pasted the S/N received from fspilot; I get an error saying either my email address or S/N are wrong. Can you point me in the right direction?

Shaun,

Sorry to be such a pain, but I bought and downloaded the application from fspilot.com. I received a serial number/key from them. Just now I went to the Aerosoft FAQ/Downloads, logged in, chose the Twin Otter, and pasted the S/N received from fspilot; I get an error saying either my email address or S/N are wrong. Can you point me in the right direction?

Make sure you don't paste any extra spaces before or after the S/N

I downloaded the updated version, I have the avionics switch, all of my VC is clear, all's well with the world. I really like this add-on! Thanks to everyone for your help. I'm really impressed with Aerosoft's product support and quick responses. It's by far the best of any suppliers I've worked with.