Fsmap With Widefs

AusRad

First of all, I do think FSMap is a fine peace of work and enjoying using this prog.

My problem/question is this:

Have two PCs(Win XP Pro & FS9) networked together via WideFS and working just fine. If I want to use FSMap while the Server(FSim PC) and Client(PC2) are connected, do I have to install FSMap on the Server or Client.

And if installed on the Server, what files need to be put on the Client or if installed on the Client do I need to have certain files (database e.g.) on the Server.

I tried installing the main program on the Server and with mapping/sharing certain folders I get FSMap on the client but cannot see the Maps and when the button connect to FSim in pressed, all the functions left of the map side are greyed out. Although the server's title bar indicates FSMap now connected to Fs9.

What am I doing wrong, can anybody help me out please.

thanks and cheers from Down Under

Richard

Hi,

installation depends on what you want to use. If you want to use the gauge you need to install FSMap on the FS PC. If you want to use the FSMap app under WideFS you only need to install it on the remote PC. If you want both you have to install it twice. Please don't copy any FSMap files as this might result in unexpected behavior.

Regards

Thomas

Hi,

installation depends on what you want to use. If you want to use the gauge you need to install FSMap on the FS PC. If you want to use the FSMap app under WideFS you only need to install it on the remote PC. If you want both you have to install it twice. Please don't copy any FSMap files as this might result in unexpected behavior.

Regards

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for reply. Ok am abit wiser now,just one thing, do you mean that when I want to use gauge and map I have to instal the main Program on the server and client?

Again many thanks and will try it out asap,as I do like flying with FSMap connected.

I have tried to get info on your Forum,but not getting return email for activation.

Anyway you have given me something to try it out. Thanks again

Cheers and regards from Down under

Richard

Yes you need to install it on both machines. The gauge requires the map + configuration installed on the same machine.

Thomas

Thanks again Thomas, will see how things go.

Cheers

Richard