Lemd Ctd

PeterHagen

Hello,

I'm a big Aerosoft user, almost every scenery there is from Aerosoft i have installed en flown to, but now having the new Madris Barajas, there is a problem

I flew from EGLL(Londen Heathrow, also from Aerosoft) to Madrid, everything went ok, but then after landing, vacating the runway 33L switching to ground control (with radar contact) there is a CTD.

reviewing it the Terrain.dll is causing this.

This was the second time it happend. It also happend, last Friday. Landing on RWY 33R. After leaving the runway, contacted ground, taxiing and when i was approaching A23 via taxiway A27 the same happend.

I was also the last time vacating the runway (33L) by L2 into LA4 into the same area.

I'm running: XP, AMD X2 6000+, Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, Club3D 9800GTX 512MB, 4gb 800Mhz FSB. FPS +/- 24 to 30 sec.

Other programs running are: FS Flightkeeper, Active Sky, Radar Contact, AI Smooth, I-Tracker, AES 1.9.5a.

Note that i have installed Spanish Airports (all series) i deactivated LEMD 2005 (the previous version).

I hope there is a fix our something else to avoid this, because it is a great airport to fly to, looks great with even better FPS.

Peter Hagen

Well, nothing here yet?

It is now, 24h. later, and i would made a flight from LEMD to EGLL, to see if the problem occurs again, but now, after starting FS9 "create Flight" and entering all the data, loading it, and standing on the airport, when looking to the left, with panview, it did crash again only now:

UTIL.dll

This only happends with LEMD2008 not with all the other scenery..... nobody else having a problem like this?

And i have installed also Ground Enviroment, FS Global 2008. Mayby this will help t/s?

Peter

• Developer

HI,

you have 4GB RAm installed in a XP (I assume XP 32bit) system. XP is only able to manage 3 GB of installed RAM.

If you "forced" XP to use more than 3 GB with several methods ( switches available ) you also have to patch the FS9.exe as this is only able to manage 2 GB RAM. But using several high level add ons (BTW: Which Aircraft were you using, I guess PMDG 747 or 737?) the memory use of FS9 will exeed the 2 GB border. Suddenly FS9 is surprised that there is more physical RAM than expected and does not know why and what to do with this Xtra Memory. So finally FS9.exe closes showing a RANDOM error message, just what was used during this "overflow".

This is not an error of a specific scenery, aircraft etc. It´s just a setup problem of XP.

Sometimes also Systems of 2GB or 3GB were cured by the method described below.

Copied from Meatwaters Posting we had earlier in this forum. (Original: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...3241&st=280 ):

The OOM issue (not only at EGLL) is pretty much solved:

1) make a backup copy of your fs9.exe

2) download this little tool: http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

3) use it to patch your fs9.exe (the tool is self explanatory)

4) add following parameters to your boot.ini file: /3GB /userva=2560

Example:

Before:

multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

After:

multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /3GB /userva=2560

5) Reboot

No more OOM errors.

IMPORTANT:

Do this at your own risk. This modification should not harm you computer in any way, you can always easily revert the original settings by removing the added parameters from the boot.ini file

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

At present, the cloud9 copy protection will cause troubles meaning you won't be able to use *any* cloud9 product until they change the bglman.dll file. In order to run FS using the modified fs9.exe, rename the file bglman.dll to bglman.off

Should you want to ise cloud9 products during an FS session, replace the modified fs9.exe file with the original file and rename bglman.off to bglman.dll - this file resides in the MODULES folder.

Other products with similar protection mechanisms also might not work. I found out that the Suprunov Design Yak-40 and Sibwings Saab Safir are among them.

Cloud9 and Suprunov Design are already informed, and it is likely that they will look into the issue.

With the default fs9.exe, these add ons work normally. It is not nesessary to remove the parameters from the boot.ini file in order to use those products.

Thorsten (in Vertretung von Manfred)

HI,

you have 4GB RAm installed in a XP (I assume XP 32bit) system. XP is only able to manage 3 GB of installed RAM.

If you "forced" XP to use more than 3 GB with several methods ( switches available ) you also have to patch the FS9.exe as this is only able to manage 2 GB RAM. But using several high level add ons (BTW: Which Aircraft were you using, I guess PMDG 747 or 737?) the memory use of FS9 will exeed the 2 GB border. Suddenly FS9 is surprised that there is more physical RAM than expected and does not know why and what to do with this Xtra Memory. So finally FS9.exe closes showing a RANDOM error message, just what was used during this "overflow".

This is not an error of a specific scenery, aircraft etc. It´s just a setup problem of XP.

Sometimes also Systems of 2GB or 3GB were cured by the method described below.

Copied from Meatwaters Posting we had earlier in this forum. (Original: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...3241&st=280 ):

The OOM issue (not only at EGLL) is pretty much solved:

1) make a backup copy of your fs9.exe

2) download this little tool: http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

3) use it to patch your fs9.exe (the tool is self explanatory)

4) add following parameters to your boot.ini file: /3GB /userva=2560

Example:

Before:

multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

After:

multi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /3GB /userva=2560

5) Reboot

No more OOM errors.

IMPORTANT:

Do this at your own risk. This modification should not harm you computer in any way, you can always easily revert the original settings by removing the added parameters from the boot.ini file

KNOWN LIMITATIONS:

At present, the cloud9 copy protection will cause troubles meaning you won't be able to use *any* cloud9 product until they change the bglman.dll file. In order to run FS using the modified fs9.exe, rename the file bglman.dll to bglman.off

Should you want to ise cloud9 products during an FS session, replace the modified fs9.exe file with the original file and rename bglman.off to bglman.dll - this file resides in the MODULES folder.

Other products with similar protection mechanisms also might not work. I found out that the Suprunov Design Yak-40 and Sibwings Saab Safir are among them.

Cloud9 and Suprunov Design are already informed, and it is likely that they will look into the issue.

With the default fs9.exe, these add ons work normally. It is not nesessary to remove the parameters from the boot.ini file in order to use those products.

Thorsten (in Vertretung von Manfred)

Goodevening,

Well i was flying a B767 of LEVEL D.

And yes i have 4Gb installed, heavy programs on this pc beside FS so that is why needed extra memory.

The discussion of handeling more then 2gb i read over a 1000 times. In XP you will see 3Gb but it will use it's 4Gb. I "forced" windows to use more then 3Gb, but what you tell me now is new, to

tell FS there is more....

I will try this method below, and hope it will work. Oh yes my xp is in 32bit. I almost forgot to tell.

Thanks for the tips and i will let you know how it worked out.....

Peter

Hello,

Well i did all you advised above. It looks better. I made a other flight, from EGLL to LPPT, everything went ok. AES was not present when i arrived there.(forgotten) only after acitvating it, and leaving the airport again, just after take off, passing 2400ft, my sound quit. I think i needed to reboot everything in FS, make new start files and cockpit files. So mayby it is a result of changing everything our it just happend instantly without any connection to previous problems.

Ohh i would like to know if i edit the line in my boot.ini file correct this was before:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /usepmtimer

this is what it looks like know:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /3GB /userva=2560 /NoExecute=OptIn /usepmtimer

is this correct our did i forget something?

Thx so far. Peter

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Well i did all you advised above. It looks better. I made a other flight, from EGLL to LPPT, everything went ok. AES was not present when i arrived there.(forgotten) only after acitvating it, and leaving the airport again, just after take off, passing 2400ft, my sound quit. I think i needed to reboot everything in FS, make new start files and cockpit files. So mayby it is a result of changing everything our it just happend instantly without any connection to previous problems.

Ohh i would like to know if i edit the line in my boot.ini file correct this was before:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /usepmtimer

this is what it looks like know:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /3GB /userva=2560 /NoExecute=OptIn /usepmtimer

is this correct our did i forget something?

Thx so far. Peter

I hope i will get some help here, more then last time.

I have flown from EGLL to LEMD. with the LEVEL D B767-300ER, with Radar Contact on, Active Sky 6.5 AI-smooth.

All went verry well, heavy landing due to heavy thunderstorms and rain. But oke, it was a nice soft landing. Only thing, when vacating the runway,18R

looking to the left, contacting ground i got a CTD. This time it was a ATC.dll

I have installed, the 4GB patch with all that is needed. The FS is a fresh install on a new harddisk.... I had AES installed on EGLL and on LEMD.

So please help me what is wrong, seems i only get a crash on LEMD and not on other airports....

Peter

Hi Peter,

A "similar" problem has been discussed at the LEMD forum short after the release of the scenery. If I remember well that had nothing to do with RAM, Active Sky or whatever but the AI traffic. I had the CDT's too because of one WOAI Spanair A319 (4Mb) texture, some other users blamed a WOAI Iberia one. After I converted that A319 texture into DXT3 (1Mb) format, no more CTD's at LEMD.

Hope it helps,

Iouri

Hi Peter,

A "similar" problem has been discussed at the LEMD forum short after the release of the scenery. If I remember well that had nothing to do with RAM, Active Sky or whatever but the AI traffic. I had the CDT's too because of one WOAI Spanair A319 (4Mb) texture, some other users blamed a WOAI Iberia one. After I converted that A319 texture into DXT3 (1Mb) format, no more CTD's at LEMD.

Hope it helps,

Iouri

Oke, this is interesting....

I have WOAI installed. And now i remember that when i was testing some installed software, before AI was installed, it worked fine! So let me get this straight: I need to convert the textures to DXT3 of my A319 WOAI Spanair A319? I will also do the Iberia.... just in case. But how do i convert that to DXT3?

Thanks for so far... i almost started to put LEMD to my no go airports in FS...

Peter

• Developer
Hi Peter,

Hope it helps,

Iouri

Hi,

that's correct, but this will gernerate a CTD in FE.DLL not ATC.DLL

Beside the spanair, there are some others with 24bit BMP's instead of DXT3. I have check all my WOAI with the Tview tool (you found here: http://www.fly.to/mwgfx ) and then convert the wrong once with DXTbmp from the same side. All fine now.

But I sill get in some cases ATC.dll CTD's mostly in change of station (not scenery related, happens at different places). Maybe the editvoicepack, but not sure.

Hi,

that's correct, but this will gernerate a CTD in FE.DLL not ATC.DLL

Beside the spanair, there are some others with 24bit BMP's instead of DXT3. I have check all my WOAI with the Tview tool (you found here: http://www.fly.to/mwgfx ) and then convert the wrong once with DXTbmp from the same side. All fine now.

But I sill get in some cases ATC.dll CTD's mostly in change of station (not scenery related, happens at different places). Maybe the editvoicepack, but not sure.

Well i have not the FS atc anymore. I'm using RadarContact. So a program outside FS. Still strange that it will crash. Is there something wrong in the AFCAD file mayby? Because ATC programs looking at AFCAD files.

Thx for the link to the program, i work on it right away.

Same here, it also happend when is was switching from tower to ground. And it happens on LEMD only for me. No other airport has given me these problems.

Peter

Well i have not the FS atc anymore. I'm using RadarContact. So a program outside FS. Still strange that it will crash. Is there something wrong in the AFCAD file mayby? Because ATC programs looking at AFCAD files.

Thx for the link to the program, i work on it right away.

Same here, it also happend when is was switching from tower to ground. And it happens on LEMD only for me. No other airport has given me these problems.

Peter

Little update:

All the files for my AI traffic are oke. I also had a CTD at EDDF on final app. with a ATC.dll

Posted in other forum already talking about EDDF CTD with AES. For now i disable AES. Waiting for a fix. I also checked the AFCAD, but that was ok.

I will fly today and see how it works with AES deactivated.....

If you ask me, it looks like the hardware of computers, are running faster then FS2004 can handle. Problems started when i upgraded to 4Gb. (yes installed the 3gb patch.

Peter

For people who are interested:

NO CTD's with LEMD AES deactivated. Also other airports with AES deactivated, no CTD's