New Idea

I get annoyed when airport traffic hits my plane during pushback or while crossing a taxiway, therefore I propose a new idea.

It is called a proximity factor

The objective of the proximity factor is to cause airport trucks and vehicles to stop moving when an aircraft is on a taxiway or apron.

It works like this

imagine an invisible circle around your aircraft that expands with the planes speed

imagine another circle around the user aircraft that remains constant. with 10ft clearance around the wings, engines and fuselage

the first one is active all the time. When the aircraft is not moving the circle is gone

the second remains on when the aircraft is moving under its own power (not during pushback)

the first circle represents a vehicle caution zone

the second represents a deadzone

the idea is that when an aircraft is moving and a vehicle is coming towards it either on the apron or intersecting a taxiway on an access road moving through the vehicle caution zone will cause the vehicle to slow down and 'acknowledge' the moving aircraft. the vehicle will continue to move, but in a slower and more cautious manner.

If the vehicle is moving within the first circle and it hits the dead zone. It will stop to allow the aircraft to pass.

as you taxi on a taxiway with an intersecting access road the traffic will stop when they see that the aircraft is turning into a gate. They will first slow in the vehicle caution zone and stop when reaching the dead zone.

if an aircraft is passing an apron taxiway, the vehicles will slow or stop to let it pass.

during pushback. activity along the terminal access roads will stop at the gate in order to allow the aircraft and the pushback truck to clear. the area.

I have trouble getting into and out of the terminal complex at EDDF taxiway N or at EGLL Terminal 3 *especially when trying to navigate through the area right under the new control tower where there are two crossing access roads, and KORD. I think that an engine running like this in FS could possibly solve the problem. I also am wondering if this will even work.

Most of us can agree that finding a way to allow the user aircraft more free movement in tight congested areas is a good thing.