Frankfurt Problems

RDG42

My fps jumped to 18-35 but no AI aircraft with shadows, etc. checked off.

Forgot to mention I'm using XP also.

OK, nevermind. It'll jump to 35 for a few seconds then jump down and stabalize at 3-5fps. Real dissapointing as from what I can tell this is your best scenery yet. Hope we find a resloution to all of this.

OK, nevermind. It'll jump to 35 for a few seconds then jump down and stabalize at 3-5fps. Real dissapointing as from what I can tell this is your best scenery yet. Hope we find a resloution to all of this.

OK, you all are going to love me but I did a clean install and immediatly applied the patch and I'm getting a consistant fps now. I still have no static or AI aircraft even with shadows, etc. turned off though. I can live with that, but kinda barren.

Although initially I was waiting for Oliver to release AES 1.96, I couldn't' resist anymore and bought MAF2008 (upgrade) last night.

I have installed the FS9 version and tested it today (Frakfurt is my favourite airport, both is FS and in reality).

Unfortunately I must say I am disappointed with the performance.

I know I can turn everything off but that's just not the way it should be.

I have finally bought a new PC* to be able to fly to MAF2008 (and other hubs) with high qaulity and details.

* http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=18314

Frankfurt was the sixth large hub I have tested with my new equipment.

The others were:

- Aerosoft London Heathrow 2008

- SimWings Paris CDG 2005

- FSDreamTeam Zurich X

- Cloud9 Amsterdam (known for performace problems)

- George Grimshaw Boston Logan 2.1

I must say the FPS were lowest in Frankfurt and ground textures were slow to load.

Even after turning off both ground and aircraft shadows, I was getting only 10-20 FPS (usually around 13-15)

To compare, I'm getting around 18-25 at mega Heathrow with shadows on (and 30-40 in Zurich).

I hope there is a chance for future to make a performance patch for this scenery as I know a lot of work was put into it and it's a pity.

Another question is the ground traffic. I've read that oliver has solved the problem of bumping into ground vehicles.

So I don't know why but I ran over a few of them while taxiing to the terminal. But I promise to investigate the problem further.

Best regards,

Rafal

2008_6_13_9_28_35_140.BMP2008_6_13_9_28_49_796.BMP:angry: OK, this is starting to get frustraiting. What I thought was fixed is still broken. I can get 20fps with the patch as long as I look forward and that's it. If I pan it drops to 3fps at best and won't recover. If I look through spot view or something else it'll jump back up to 30fps. I'm lost for words now.

I did change the FS9_stat file to a .bgl and got the static AI working. I've now deleted the fsx_runway file and will see what that does.

This is really getting frustraiting after having something as great as Heathrow and going to this problem. I know there will be a fix for all of this and I'll keep my lip bit until then, just call me REALLY frustrated.

Post edit: deleting the runway file didn't work.

I posted two pictures looking the same direction and you can see what I'm getting.

i installed the complete V1.01 a few minutes ago and i´m very very happy!!!

20-30 fps in every view !!! (before: 5-8 fps)

(fsx/vista)

very good support-job, aerosoft!

and just in time for the weekend!

Thanks,

Timo

OK, I've done some more testing in Frankfurt tonight.

Generally I'm bringing better news now. This time I was not arriving but departing Frankfurt.

In that case FPS were higher, almost reaching those of Heathrow 2008. :)

Plus I wasn't connected to the net (I forced the weather manually) - maybe it also is a factor.

So tomorrow I will make another flight INTO Fraport to check if it may be a memory problem or it was just a bad coincidence.

Also good news on the ground textures and the ground traffic.

Ground textures loaded properly. Also what I previously assumed to be blurry is probably just lower resolution texture (grass?).

And I believe I have now understood the idea behind taming the ground vehicles.

The last time I had crashes with them, it was me (my aircraft) that really ran over. Not them, so it is like in reality.

I guess I was ecpecting too much, like being bypassed by them. LOL on me!

Having better frames and better impression I also had more time to admire the buildings and animations.

I am impressed, they look great. Congrats on them to Rainer and all the team!

The moving traffic is great too. By the way: did the apron vehicle traffic multiply in numbers? There are dozens of cars and buses.

One question out of curiosity. The shot was taken on the left wing view while climbing from 07L over the city.

What are the wide brown stripes on the ground?

fra.jpg

Best regards,

Rafal

Windows XP home SP2

FS9.1

UTE + GEProII +AS6.5

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz

GeForce 8800GT

2GB DDR2-800 RAM

One question out of curiosity. The shot was taken on the left wing view while climbing from 07L over the city.

What are the wide brown stripes on the ground?

Rafal, I am afraid the wide brown stripes are the tracks of the german railway system. That´s where they are in Frankfurt!

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

I'm having some problems with MA Frankfurt X for FSX. When using default aircrafts from FSX, I press the Autothrottle switch and then the speed selector, the throttle goes to full without doing anything. How can I solve it?

Thanks

Hello James,

The scenery has no influence over your problem.

I believe you may find that your problem may lie in the sequence of events.

Set the Auto-Arm and then select the speed and then select the Auto-throttle once airbourne.