Frankfurt Problems

RDG42

Hi,

I've noticed some abnormal things since I installed Franfurt X. The first being the papi and runway lights being huge and the second is the impact on framerates . I'm running an E6850 with an 8800GTX on FSX Accel. and can only get 5-9 FPS on the ground flying in the default trike??!!!Even at Heathrow I manage to get at least 15FPS. Heaven forbid I load a flight with the PMDG 747!! I've set it up as instucted to no avail. :( Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ron

post-12483-1212629645_thumb.jpg

post-12483-1212630083_thumb.jpg

• Developer

HI,

I´m sure the developers are actually looking at the problem. But it´ll take some time to

figure out what could be the reason for some users getting problems.

Thorsten

• Developer

Maybe the Shockwave 3D-lights generate this problem. Many user reporting that problem have them installed.

Maybe the Shockwave 3D-lights generate this problem. Many user reporting that problem have them installed.

Yes, I had the same problems with the shockwave lights. That´s why I got rid of them.

I´m sure the developers are actually looking at the problem.

Well if they are, some feedback would be nice.

Ron

Yes, I had the same problems with the shockwave lights. That´s why I got rid of them.

Yes, it seems that lights are the problem... Go to shockwave backup folder and use the original halo.bmp texture : The frame rate will be better in final at daytime. In fact, just don't look at the VASIS and the frame rate imediatly increases. BUT it's not THE solution because even with standard halo.bmp, at nighttime, frame rate is falling down to 0.5 when you're stopped on the runway!!! There's a big trouble in this product with the VASIS and runway lights on FSX/SP2 (using NVIDIA...).

Skip.

Hello Folks,

I rtoo have the shockwave lights installed so will replce the halo.bmp to see if it improves things.

Removing shockwave lights (restoring fsx original halo.bmp) improves slighty things during day. But at night, the frame rate is still very low (2-3fps when looking at the runway). This is the only addon airport I've seen with those "big" runway lights? This must be the problem. Other Mega airports addons are running very well, even with shockwave or XGraphics halo.bmp.

Skip.

i have the shockwave lights installed, too.

restoring the original halo.bmp doesn´t solve the problem satisfactory.

i must add, that not only the very low framerates are the problem ( Frankfurt 5-8 fps, Heatrow 15-20 fps)

even the loading of the scenery takes very,very long (several minutes!!!!)

someone else with similar problems?

Timo

Yes, it seems that lights are the problem... Go to shockwave backup folder and use the original halo.bmp texture : The frame rate will be better in final at daytime. In fact, just don't look at the VASIS and the frame rate imediatly increases. BUT it's not THE solution because even with standard halo.bmp, at nighttime, frame rate is falling down to 0.5 when you're stopped on the runway!!! There's a big trouble in this product with the VASIS and runway lights on FSX/SP2 (using NVIDIA...).

Skip.

Hi Skip,

Yeah, I have all of the above that you mentioned, shockwave lights, accel. SP2, nvidia 8800GTX card and dropping framerates.

So , did you try replacing the halo texture with the original? and did it help?

Regards, Ron

Hi Skip,

Yeah, I have all of the above that you mentioned, shockwave lights, accel. SP2, nvidia 8800GTX card and dropping framerates.

So , did you try replacing the halo texture with the original? and did it help?

Regards, Ron

It helps a bit for approaches at daytime. But at night, with all runway lights on, it's still awfull. As they wrote in another threed, the only solution from now is to rename eddf_fsx_runway.bgl. Frame rates are OK but no more lights or PAPI...

I don't have the Shockwave lights and I'm get dramatic fps loss with the huge papis in view. As soon as the papis disappear the fps go back up some. No papis=10fps, 1 papi=7.5fps, 2 papis=4.5fps.

I don't have the Shockwave lights and I'm get dramatic fps loss with the huge papis in view. As soon as the papis disappear the fps go back up some. No papis=10fps, 1 papi=7.5fps, 2 papis=4.5fps.

....and no Mega Frankfurt, 40 fps. Thats what I'm getting now ;) .

Ron

Also have a dramatically drop in FPS when near the EDDF area. With the Fokker 70/100 i could clock aboyt 3 fps.

Cheers;

Michael

Actually, believe it or not, this appears to be a problem only with Acceleration, and Not SP2, and addons with custom runway lights. I had the exact same issue with ImagineSim sceneries. One day, I tried uninstalling Acceleration and reinstalling the standalone SP2, and lo and hehold, everything was fixed. I decided to uninstall the Imaginesim sceneries and reinstall Acceleration, and the problems returned. Last week, when I bought EDDF and saw the problem, I immediately new what it was. I again uninstalled Acceleration and reinstalled SP2 standalone and things were fixed again. Here is a rundown of the performance I get sitting at the end of the active runway:

Acceleration day-time: 10 fps

SP2 day-time: 25 fps

Acceleration night-time: 0.5 (yes decimal 5!) fps

SP2 night-time: 22 fps

There is also an issue with LevelD with Acceleration that is not apparant in SP2, so there are some differences. Back when Pete Dowson was doing wind smoothing testing he discovered different versions of some of the dll files between the Sp2 standalone and Acceleration, that caused his initial fixes to only work in one and not the other. I think I will keep acceleration off of my system for now. I'll miss the extra content but working addons is more important to me for now.

@KyleB: Actually, believe it or not, this appears to be a problem only with Acceleration, and Not SP2, and addons with custom runway lights.

Why is not concerned also EDDV X, EDLW X and EDDG X, with installed Acceleration, by this problem?

Why is not concerned also EDDV X, EDLW X and EDDG X, with installed Acceleration, by this problem?

Hi,

It's a fact: Removing fsx Acc pack and using Fsx SP2 instead is solving performnace issues on many secneries (Mega Frankfurt, Mega Budapest, TS Rio de Janeiro...). It depends on the way they're developed I think?

I'm testing a way to only save/retore exe, dll and LWcfg.spb files in Fsx root folder to change my Fsx from Acc to SP2 and reverse. It seems to work....

Regards, Skip.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for this important feed back. It never ceases to amaze me on first releases of products. There is no excuse for something like this. With all the different versions out of FSX now, it should have been properly beta tested in all of them, obviously it wasn't.

I think I have finally learned my lesson now. I will no longer purchase a product on its first release.

Aerosoft, I've come to expect good quality tested addons from you. I'm beginning to lose my faith.

An unsatisfied customer,

Ron Gautreau

• Administrator

Hello,

we can confirm that the frame rate problem only happens if the ACC pack is installed.

We are still working on it to find the reason.

It seems the problem is in Frankfurt only. All other German Airports for FSX are designed in the same way and work well with Acc Pack.

So we have to find out what is the difference between Acc pack and SP2 in Frankfurt.

• Administrator

Hello,

our German Airports Team solved the performance and light problems in Frankfurt. You can download the newest version 1.01 of Mega Airport Frankfurt from you download shop account. You can also find an update on our FAQ/patches site.

I hope all ACC pack users will now enjoy your landings in Frankfurt.

Hello,

our German Airports Team solved the performance and light problems in Frankfurt. You can download the newest version 1.01 of Mega Airport Frankfurt from you download shop account. You can also find an update on our FAQ/patches site.

I hope all ACC pack users will now enjoy your landings in Frankfurt.

:blink: I added the patch and it still did no good to my fps. I have an 8800GT and Accel with a 3.0 Duo and Shockwave lights. I dissabled the runway light .bgl and will see if that hits or not.

:blink: I added the patch and it still did no good to my fps. I have an 8800GT and Accel with a 3.0 Duo and Shockwave lights. I dissabled the runway light .bgl and will see if that hits or not.

My fps jumped to 18-35 but no AI aircraft with shadows, etc. checked off.

Forgot to mention I'm using XP also.