Gps Waypoint

sagamol

when i try to enter an airport id in the gps waypoint box, the FSX freezes and it shuts down. when i use the flightplaner to enter a route, it wont do that, only if i am clicking on the waypoint icon in my gps . can anyone help me get this issue solved. i tried to reload a new fsx.cfg by deleting the current one, but it still does it. i even un-installed FSX and re-installed..it still does it.....i have fsx+accel+ aerosoft add-ons

thanks, Tom

post-11194-1212350904_thumb.jpg

Hello sagamol,

When you un-installed did you make sure that all the files and folders were indeed removed from your system.

Then when re-installing did you check every step of the way to see if the GPS did work, IE: Install just FSX then test, then install SP1 then check etc.

Hello sagamol,

When you un-installed did you make sure that all the files and folders were indeed removed from your system.

Then when re-installing did you check every step of the way to see if the GPS did work, IE: Install just FSX then test, then install SP1 then check etc.

i kept my add on planes i previously installed. and no, i didnt test it after just installing fsx. but, the waypoint issue does work at times, i just tried it again at edwards in a 747 and it let me select a waypoint. then i tried it again later in a p-51 racer and it frooze up. so its not consistent....sometimes it works, but most times it freezes up and shuts down FSX...

Hello sagamol,

I believe there are 2 types of GPS does it consistently fail with the one type and not the other or both.

not sure what the two types are, i am looking at the one in the file i attached