Engine Cycling

StewartSky

Gentlemen: Here's a wierd one: I like to fly civilian jet aircraft in FSX. When I have landed, taxied in, and cut the throttles and then mixture to stop the engines, they continue to attempt to restart. Nothing shows on the cockpit control panel, but I hear the sound of the engine starting, then slowing down, then restarting, then slowing down, etc. It never really gets started, unless I open the mixture, and then it starts immediately (like it has been praying for that to happen!). Interestingly, this does not happen with the prop planes. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how did they solve it. Very annoying!!!

Thanks for the best forum.

Regards, Stewart S. Leber

Gentlemen: Here's a wierd one: I like to fly civilian jet aircraft in FSX. When I have landed, taxied in, and cut the throttles and then mixture to stop the engines, they continue to attempt to restart. Nothing shows on the cockpit control panel, but I hear the sound of the engine starting, then slowing down, then restarting, then slowing down, etc. It never really gets started, unless I open the mixture, and then it starts immediately (like it has been praying for that to happen!). Interestingly, this does not happen with the prop planes. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how did they solve it. Very annoying!!!

Thanks for the best forum.

Regards, Stewart S. Leber

I'm not jet expert but it sounds like you have starters on, or something like that

I'm not jet expert but it sounds like you have starters on, or something like that

that's gonna be it. the starter switches are not programmed equally, strange though. some of the switche return to neutral automatically, some do not. See if your starter switches are in neutral, or off position.