• Aerosoft
If the toilet is ok, then the aircraft is wasting resources in my opinion ;)

Certainly as there IS not toilet as standard. Though we would be happy to put a bucket in a corner to make this special customer (rather focused on toilets for some reason) happy.

Certainly as there IS not toilet as standard. Though we would be happy to put a bucket in a corner to make this special customer (rather focused on toilets for some reason) happy.

:lol:

Though we would be happy to put a bucket in a corner to make this special customer (rather focused on toilets for some reason) happy.

As long as i can put the (empty) bucket in the (well modeled) restroom, it´s OK! :lol:

Kind Regards

Stephan

The number of pilots is always of two or it's configurable ?

No - it´s not configurable.

Finn

If you got the hardware we can go a lot further in FSX. Actually we do not know what the limit in modeling is, we only know that we can go a lot more detailed. All those silly limitations of FS2004 are removed now.

Well I am in the process of building a Core I7 920 with 6 Gb of DDR3 Triple Channel Kingston RAM and a GTX 260 1792MB video card so I am hoping for a reasonable result. I am also hoping that you guys put in more detailed systems simulations like hydraulic/electrical/fuel/cooling etc when looking at your spare capacity/clocks/processing power budget instead of endlessy chasing the eye candy outcomes like some other developers out there.

I really do like the Accu-sim solution whereby an additional option is made available for those of us who really like the realism factor to exist outside of just the eye candy world. Your manual would indicate that you are well on the way to achieving a good result in that area.

Cheers and thanks,

With that system You shouldn´t have any problems running the catalina smooth.

As a developer on this project, I could run the Catalina on a single core AMD +3500 with approximatly 27-30 FPS outside big cities.

A good addon will allways be a mixture of nice modelling, texturing - both external and internal, as well as correct systems simulation.

On the Catatlina You can choose between "realistic" engines, requiring You to manage Your engines correctly or chossing "Standard FSX" engines, where the engines doesn´t fail.

Alot of systems are custom coded, since FSX doesn´t give very accurate values.

Finn

With that system You shouldn´t have any problems running the catalina smooth.

As a developer on this project, I could run the Catalina on a single core AMD +3500 with approximatly 27-30 FPS outside big cities.

A good addon will allways be a mixture of nice modelling, texturing - both external and internal, as well as correct systems simulation.

On the Catatlina You can choose between "realistic" engines, requiring You to manage Your engines correctly or chossing "Standard FSX" engines, where the engines doesn´t fail.

Alot of systems are custom coded, since FSX doesn´t give very accurate values.

Finn

Thank for the reply Finn, having flown MSFS since around 1984, I have always enjoyed the steady increase in realism each new version brings. However this time I am very much looking forward to just how far we can stretch the core engine, now that we have a bit of stability given the recent MS anouncements.

Cheers and thanks again,

For a number of reasons, I did not install SP2 when I did my last FSX installation, and run strictly SP1. I noticed the product page for the Catalina specifies SP2/Acceleration as a requirement. Will the Cat work in just SP1, and if so, what features that require SP2 would be missing?

Thanks,

Richie

• Aerosoft
For a number of reasons, I did not install SP2 when I did my last FSX installation, and run strictly SP1. I noticed the product page for the Catalina specifies SP2/Acceleration as a requirement. Will the Cat work in just SP1, and if so, what features that require SP2 would be missing?

Thanks,

Richie

Without SP2? No idea, we really don't test that as FSX without SP2 seems to make so little sense. I think it will work fine, but you might run into memory issues and for sure it will be quite a bit slower.

I forgot to close this post as I wrote I would do. If you like to continue this, feel free to open a new topic.