Guest Dag
Will there be a Coastal Command or RAF colour scheme for the CAT?

Exile Norwegian RAF 333 (N) Sqn, yes, Woodhaven bird. Dark Slate Grey/Extra Dark Sea Grey/Sky with colours down the sides. There might be one with more white sides later.

Thanks

post-36-1241160616_thumb.jpg

Right as usual Dag. 330 Sqn flew their Catalina III's into Oban and left with Sunderlands.

Here's a picture of the second Catalina to come to the UK. It was assigned to 210 Sqn at Oban. The picture has been retouched by the censors of the day to paint out the RAF facility forward of the leading edge of the wing.

firstcatalina.th.jpg

Jim

I wonder, shouldn't there be some kind of a roof above the nose gunner, to protect him from water, wind,...? It looks like he doesn't have anything above his head, poor guy :P ...

0003.jpg

• Aerosoft
I wonder, shouldn't there be some kind of a roof above the nose gunner, to protect him from water, wind,...? It looks like he doesn't have anything above his head, poor guy :P ...

No the earlier models were like that. Later there were at least 5 different nose turrets.

• Aerosoft
So...no native RAF colors at all in the original release?

Jim

No, we decided to go for the most known models, liveries etc (Black Cats, Calypso etc). But as we deliver a good paint kit you can be sure there will be a UK model very soon. There are 11 different models included, with a few more enroute for repainters. No way we can ever cover all the Cats that flew but we got the most common models for sure.

Given the somewhat ubiquitous nature of this aircraft, both in military and civilian use, I bet there will be a mass of repaints for it in a very short time. :)

Absolutely superb, one can only wonder just how far we can go in this hobby with this current version of the sim.

Cheers and thanks,

• Aerosoft
Absolutely superb, one can only wonder just how far we can go in this hobby with this current version of the sim.

Cheers and thanks,

If you got the hardware we can go a lot further in FSX. Actually we do not know what the limit in modeling is, we only know that we can go a lot more detailed. All those silly limitations of FS2004 are removed now.

Guest Dag
So...no native RAF colors at all in the original release?

Jim

I understand you want a No. 210 Sqn Catalina real bad and I've been researching the net for a Mk.I for a few hours now. I came up with none showing markings details like squadron code style (DA¤*) and placement of same. I also understand you want an aircraft with the early Coastal Command scheme, like I did on the 333 (N) Sqn aircraft and so I have been neglecting the Mk.I/IVs (?) I've seen in photos in the later scheme with white sides and lower fuselage.

I will continue to research 210 Sqn but I will prioritize 3 other paints (none RAF) I have in the works for the Service Pack.

Thanks

Thanks Dag. The pictures I posted at the other forum (and one here previously) were of Cat I's at Oban during the right time frame, and they had no squadron codes affixed. Just tail numbers. I understand the need for prioritization. They will have at least a reasonably accurate place to fly when they get here.

obanthen.jpg

I moved Sir Lipton's ketch and the Duty Shack. I understand that was a regular turn of events back then as well.

obanscenery.jpg

Thanks again.

I sent this video to Mathjis many years ago when the first PBY was supposed to come out but wanted to share it here......

It's of the Canadian Warplane Heritage starting up at CYHM and boy is it loud.....I also shot it doing a flyby

Are there any interior shots?

Especially of the passenger cabin and the restrooms?

I'd have to say this aircraft is designed for people to fly, rather than for people to crap in...excuse my terminology. I've never quite understood why customers want extra polys and textures making up useless parts of an aircraft and thus dragging down performance, but each to their own. B)

aero_cat2_113.jpg

aero_cat2_97.jpg

aero_cat2_92.jpg

aero_cat2_95.jpg

aero_cat2_110.jpg

aero_cat2_111.jpg

aero_cat2_112.jpg

aero_cat2_96.jpg

aero_cat2_114.jpg

aero_cat2_71.jpg

Please note, there is a new forum for the Catalina now: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showforum=243

Unless you meant rest rooms in which the crew rest, rather than the American definition...in which case my apologies. :blush:

• Aerosoft
Unless you meant rest rooms in which the crew rest, rather than the American definition...in which case my apologies. :blush:

Well the best rest room on the aircraft is without a doubt this:

aerosoft_cat_shop_26.jpg

I mean it got a view like nothing else AND a .50 machine gun. What more can a bloke ask for?

Right you got a whopping large .50 machine gun and you talk about heat and noise. We are not on the same level here.

When the enemy are coming right at me, I take great comfort from that machine gun.

Comfort = rest.

I win!

Thanks for the nice pics!

Yes i meant restrooms, not the rest of the rooms :)

I - love- aircrafts with detailed cabins, like the ATR and it´s fully animated toilet :)

If the toilet is okay, the aircraft can´t be bad.

Kind regards

Stephan