Guest ToniJH80

I will immeadetly purchase this addon when it's ready.

Looks outstanding, keep up the good work Aerosoft. :)

This image is from work in progress, keep that in mind. Still needs work on several areas, bumps, dirt maps. Right now the logo's are too bright etc. But I know there is one customer that is waiting for it. Tomorrow evening there will be 'final' shots of this Black Cat.

I've never seen that arrangement of airliner-style circular windows on a Catalina before. Any more informaton on the real-world one ? :)

I've never seen that arrangement of airliner-style circular windows on a Catalina before. Any more informaton on the real-world one ? :)

As an Aussie I'm proud to say that this aircraft is the the HARS Black Cat. There is mention of it a few pages back in this forum, and if you Google 'Black Cat' with 'HARS' or 'Catalina' you'll find lots of information.

Thanks Mathijs for including this version, yet another reason to purchase this great sim, although my favourite will be the WWII PBY-5A which my father flew in a few times during the war whilst he was in the RAAF.

Malcolm

If you guys do a US WW2 one of the Black Cats, and REALLY want to impress people with how much you know, here's a little tidbit:

The EARLY "Black Cat" squadron PBY's actually utilized lamp black over a traditional PBY paint scheme, and would need to reapply it after several flights, as the water would wash the aircraft clean in areas and thus render the "night camouflage" useless. You could do either version, but the original with hints of blue underneath would be REALLY cool to see!!

Jon

As an Aussie I'm proud to say that this aircraft is the the HARS Black Cat. There is mention of it a few pages back in this forum, and if you Google 'Black Cat' with 'HARS' or 'Catalina' you'll find lots of information.

Thanks Mathijs for including this version, yet another reason to purchase this great sim, although my favourite will be the WWII PBY-5A which my father flew in a few times during the war whilst he was in the RAAF.

Malcolm

Thanks Malcom, did as you suggested and found this, which includes a You Tube clip of her flying:

Felix

Thanks Malcom, did as you suggested and found this, which includes a You Tube clip of her flying:

Felix

And thanks for that link! Unfortunately I didn't get to Avalon this year...

All we have to do now is wait for this great aircraft to be released.

Malcolm

Hallo Leute,

am 10 mai ist in Bremen ein Flugfest ( http://www.100-jahre-luftfahrt.de/100-jahre-luftfahrt/ )

und was wird zu uns kommen??

Eine Catalina natürlich!

Werde ich virtuell mitfliegen können???

Freue mich schon auf dieses Fluggerät.

Tristan

Hi Guys,

on the 10th of May in Bremen there is an Airshow.

You wont believe whos showing up!?

A Catalina of course !!!!

Will I be able to fly virtually with them ?

Cant wait for that Pretty thing...hehehe

Tristan

In answer to the ramp question...no matter how shallow the angle, there is always a bump at the water/land interface. I've even used flattens without any added structure...still a bump. Appears to be just the way the interface was coded.

RAF Oban UK (the home of the first Catalinas in England) is finished and out now.

I'm sure someone will do repaints for:

210 Squadron RAF (the first RAF Cat Squadron)

330 (Norwegian) Squadron RAF

10 Squadron RAAF

who all flew out of Oban.

Looking Great! Can't wait (again :lol: ).

Best,

Jim

• Aerosoft
In answer to the ramp question...no matter how shallow the angle, there is always a bump at the water/land interface. I've even used flattens without any added structure...still a bump. Appears to be just the way the interface was coded.

RAF Oban UK (the home of the first Catalinas in England) is finished and out now.

10 Squadron RAAF

Best,

Jim

Yes though so, it's one of those nasty bit in FS.

10 Squadron RAAF

Best,

Jim

I have made 330 (Norwegian) Squadron RAF paint. I don't know if it will be in the package, but I can release the paint later.

I have made 330 (Norwegian) Squadron RAF paint. I don't know if it will be in the package, but I can release the paint later.

Hi all

I have only recently found this site whilst looking for Catalina models after a thrilling flight in the PBY-5A at the recent Whenuapai Air Show in New Zealand.

The Catalina Group in NZ operate the aircraft which has been repainted in a wartime scheme to represent NZ4017 XX-T of No.6 SQN RNZAF.

I believe that we were told that she is one of only two Catalinas that can still carry passengers?

Also at the briefing we were warned of the various noises that are part of the experience of flying in her as the gear retract etc.! Quite exciting though clambering in and out through the hatch was a slight challenge to us older folk.

I am really impressed with the appearance of the forthcoming release and am definitely waiting with bated breath for it's arrival. Congratulations to Mathijs for his and Aerosoft's efforts.

I hope someone will do a repaint of the NZ livery if it has not been done? (I have only briefly scanned the 32 pages of this topic).

Cheers.

FlyerMike

I noticed a nice freeware scenery that will go well with the Cat... RAF Oban over on simviation.com (may be other places too) might want to check it out.

there is also RAF friston which includes Newhaven harbour... I'm stocking up on watery airfields in preparation for Cat release.

Matt

Anxiously waiting, can you predict her release day?

Hopefully very soon...furniture getting destroyed because of extensive drooling :x

These shots are amazing. You guys are outdoing yourself! I must say, Another great Aerosoft product will be on the shelves soon. Congratulations!!

I too would like to know if were still on for an April release? A hint would be great, especially for those of us who need to budget for these sorts of things. If it's being pushed back a bit that's fine, it's ready when it's ready. But if that IS the case, it'd be nice to know as there are other things on my list :) (those things being non flight sim related, but must say this is definitely on the top of my "must have" add-on's list :D )

The best hint I can give, is that we are speaking of days rather than weeks ;-)

But we still have a few items that needs to be done !

Finn

The best hint I can give, is that we are speaking of days rather than weeks ;-)

But we still have a few items that needs to be done !

Finn

Awesome. Gotta love this company :)

Gorgeous shots, Nick. Looking at these, and previous screen shots, we've seen so many variations; different noses and turrets, large radomes, small radomes, radomes on the wing, tall tail fin, small tail fin, wheels, no wheels, airliner-style windows, scuba diving platforms...just how many different models are going into this package ? :)