• Aerosoft
:excl: Hi Mathijs I have had a pre order in for the boxed version of the Cat for quite some time now I would just like to know how long after you release the download version will the boxed version be released many thanks kind regards Mike

About 10 days.

So are we still on track for an April release? I know I'm chompin' at the bit here... but I can hardly wait for this bird. It'll certainly take front position in my virtual hanger!

Either way, thanks again for all the hard work guys, It'll be a winner for sure!

Ty89m

So are we still on track for an April release? I know I'm chompin' at the bit here... but I can hardly wait for this bird. It'll certainly take front position in my virtual hanger!

Either way, thanks again for all the hard work guys, It'll be a winner for sure!

Ty89m

This was in my e-mail today.

http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=d...ls&pid=1866

Kenml,

I appreciate the heads up, looks like were getting close now. So I'm guessing that's the boxed version available for order on the 30th. Would it be safe to assume the download will be released even sooner?

:) QUOTE (MIKE20 @ Apr 15 2009, 10:00 )

Hi Mathijs I have had a pre order in for the boxed version of the Cat for quite some time now I would just like to know how long after you release the download version will the boxed version be released many thanks kind regards Mike

About 10 days.

Hi Mathijs thanks for your reply thats what I wanted to know like everyone else here I am realy looking forward to the release of this bird and it seems the wait is nearly over so many thanks to all you guys for all the hard work that must have gone into this aircraft kind regards Mike

Real cute Mr. Brice!

Now I know who to come to if I want to see my face on the Pilot.

:lol:

I specify that it's a tac face, the pilot part. ^^

The screenshots are from the old project and doesn´t resemble the current project at all.

It's the same page since september 2007, but the picture of the e-news is this one :

100409-1866.jpg

The screenshots are from the old project and doesn´t resemble the current project at all.

Finn

Its that old Catalina that appears in Aerosoft adverts in PC Pilot magazine in the UK. If I thought it was that one that was coming, I wouldn't be much interested, so maybe Mathijs needs to get in contact with them.

Hi Mathijs,

I recommend that you Beta Test the new PBY-5A version using Jim Dhaenens superb freeware NAS Pensacola (KNPA) scenery, or any other scenery that has a ramp down into the water. Go the the PBY hangars and ramp at the other side of the scenery and watch the default FSX Grumman G21 Goose taxi down the ramp and into the water. The new PBY should be able to transition from land to water equally well - otherwise you have a contact point problem.

I really looking forward to the release.

Bill

Progress is fast and furious at this moment, models are being done at nearly one per day. See here the harvest of the last week:

What can I say other that FANTASTIC :D The Cat looks real nice. Perhaps the PH-PBY could use a little bit more polish to make it more shiny, but it's hard to judge from a few screenshots.

• Aerosoft
What can I say other that FANTASTIC :D The Cat looks real nice. Perhaps the PH-PBY could use a little bit more polish to make it more shiny, but it's hard to judge from a few screenshots.

Think so? I'll talk to Christiaan (the pilot of that great machine) to see how often they clean it.

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

I recommend that you Beta Test the new PBY-5A version using Jim Dhaenens superb freeware NAS Pensacola (KNPA) scenery, or any other scenery that has a ramp down into the water. Go the the PBY hangars and ramp at the other side of the scenery and watch the default FSX Grumman G21 Goose taxi down the ramp and into the water. The new PBY should be able to transition from land to water equally well - otherwise you have a contact point problem.

I really looking forward to the release.

Bill

I got that scenery, but I am not able to drive smoothly into or out of the water with the goose, still jumps and bumps. Catalina does it the same way.

Hello,

Though I have never piloted the Catalina, I have had the honor to fly as a passenger on a few and thoroughly enjoyed the experiences. I for one am looking forward to the impending release of this bird. I just hope that my aging computer will be able to handle it. For I have just been able to get MSFSX to run reasonably well and MSFS2004 to run extremely well.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what kind of (computer) performance can we expect out of the Catalina compared to the Aerosoft F-16 or the PMDG MD-11?

Great set of screenshots, Mathijs! This really is going to be a huge success for Aerosoft and all involved.

Is 'Calypso' the Catalina that was operated by Jaques Cousteau and in which his son died in a landing accident ? I know his research ship was named Calypso.

Great set of screenshots, Mathijs! This really is going to be a huge success for Aerosoft and all involved.

Is 'Calypso' the Catalina that was operated by Jaques Cousteau and in which his son died in a landing accident ? I know his research ship was named Calypso.

Exactly !

Note the strange looking nose it had. It also had/have platforms beneath the bubbles for the scubadivers.

Finn

• Aerosoft
Hello,

Though I have never piloted the Catalina, I have had the honor to fly as a passenger on a few and thoroughly enjoyed the experiences. I for one am looking forward to the impending release of this bird. I just hope that my aging computer will be able to handle it. For I have just been able to get MSFSX to run reasonably well and MSFS2004 to run extremely well.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what kind of (computer) performance can we expect out of the Catalina compared to the Aerosoft F-16 or the PMDG MD-11?

Should be about 20% easier on frames then the F-16 is.

• Aerosoft

This image is from work in progress, keep that in mind. Still needs work on several areas, bumps, dirt maps. Right now the logo's are too bright etc. But I know there is one customer that is waiting for it. Tomorrow evening there will be 'final' shots of this Black Cat.

post-43-1240416472_thumb.jpg