If the Twotter runs fine, this one should run at least acceptable. Don't worry.

Thanks Valtteri and Mathjis. That is very good to hear. Maybe I'll give it a shot after all. :) I guess I might as well, since I plan to fly FSX for a good long time (since the dissapointing news about FSXI), and if my current system doesn't handle it well, my next system certainly will.

• Aerosoft

Because some other project needed some time, things were not going very fast but the crew is now inserted. All needs some tweaks and as you see the texturing of the bubbles is not completed, but one of the crew found himself a nice place to get some rest.

Project still in schedule.

post-43-1239096159_thumb.jpg

post-43-1239096166_thumb.jpg

post-43-1239096177_thumb.jpg

Because some other project needed some time things were not going to fast but the crew is now inserted. All needs some tweaks and as you see the texturing of the bubbles is not completed, but one of the crew found himself a nice place to get some rest.

Project still in schedule.

Still looking good ! I like the semi-reclining posture of the man in the bubble; just as it would be during a long patrol over the empty expanses of the Pacific. :)

Still looking good! Can't hardly wait!!! Are we still on for the April release date?! Any idea would be great, as Id like to save myself the trouble of checking this site 50x a day looking for a release ;)

I would say there isn't quite the need to check the site 50X a day for release. Progress is certaintly coming along nicely with all of us testers putting quite a number of hours on her. I took a couple screens since I was already flying her. Sorry if the quality isn't up to the par of some peoples computers because I run FSX on my Toshiba lap top.

post-18140-1239147672_thumb.jpg

post-18140-1239147678_thumb.jpg

Roadburner, that first picture could be a painting. If they ever wrote another book about Midway, submit it for the book cover! :)

May I ask what weather effects add-on you are using there ?

Is funny that you would mention Midway. I am unsure how far I am from there but I did take that flying over the Pacific ocean on my way to Hawaii. The weather effects and all are Flight Environment X. Was kind of leary of buying a weather add on before I got it, but have had it over a year and couldn't be happier. Certaintly makes landing in fog or low clouds a lot more challenging. Especially an aircraft like the Catalina where it's mostly seat of the pants navigation. This package will certaintly not disappoint cause it has a little something for everyone. I prefer the retro military cockpit, but for people who like modern avionics there is also the modern cockpit.

• Aerosoft

Closing down till after Easter on this project, but the attached image shows we closed down the interiors and are again on the exteriors.

The image shows a first paint, we still need to change things on that and alter the exterior of the Catalina to suit the model better. But this our base model, the one flying from Lelystad. The manual included with the project is 100% the same as our friends that fly this aircraft use all 400 pages of it.

post-43-1239212225_thumb.jpg

...The manual included with the project is 100% the same as our friends that fly this aircraft use all 400 pages of it.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

That's really great! Would you consider pre-releasing the manual (like you did for the F-16) for us to read up on it before you release the model.

Thanks!

And, have a Happy Easter! :D

• Upvote 1

Since people were happy with the last shots figured I would post a few more. Never been to Hawaii in the sim before and was impressed by it.

post-18140-1239313721_thumb.jpg

Approaching the island of Oahu

post-18140-1239313727_thumb.jpg

Couple shots of the Cat with the terrain

post-18140-1239313732_thumb.jpg

post-18140-1239313739_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd denote I was going to runway 4L in this one. I have found the best way for me to land the Cat is a curved approach like this since the turret sometimes obstructs my view of the runway. The flat top on this model helps improve the view, and I like the way the slim nose one looks that Mathijs posted.

post-18140-1239313746_thumb.jpg

Safely on the taxi way with the beautiful Honolulu skyline in the backround

• Aerosoft
Mr. Mathijs Kok,

That's really great! Would you consider pre-releasing the manual (like you did for the F-16) for us to read up on it before you release the model.

Thanks!

And, have a Happy Easter! :D

Sure: http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/catalina/manual.pdf

Please note this still needs to be spell checked and some functionality is not inserted yet.

Sure: http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/catalina/manual.pdf

Please note this still needs to be spell checked and some functionality is not inserted yet.

Thanks Mr. Kok!

Understood; its a work in progress...

And, I'm also glad that you included the A.erosoft S.ound C.ontrol (ASC) in this model; I'm really looking forward to "hearing" it in action.

Have a Happy Easter! :)

• Upvote 1

Yes, thanks very much for the yet unfinished manual. The detail in this is just amazing, will be a great plane. Have to put this on the list to get when it comes out.

Having read the manual, I am excited with the feature of Cyc Head Temp Overheat, Carb Icing, Fouled Sparkplugs... :rolleyes:

Now this make me think about our beloved Beaver X, is it possible to add these features to her?

Even though you may charge a few Euro for the upgrade, I think it still fair.

• Aerosoft
Having read the manual, I am excited with the feature of Cyc Head Temp Overheat, Carb Icing, Fouled Sparkplugs... :rolleyes:

Now this make me think about our beloved Beaver X, is it possible to add these features to her?

Even though you may charge a few Euro for the upgrade, I think it still fair.

No, this would be impossible at this moment because the modelers of this aircraft have proven to be rather unreliable. Sorry that development is closed at this moment.

• Aerosoft

Yesterday I spoke to an old friend who flew Cats in South East Asia during the war. He told me that one of the most amazing things about this aircraft were the windows. In flight you could open the top windows and put you head out. As long as you had goggles on you had an amazing view. He told me there was no better way to experience the power of the engines. And as I tried to make some images of that today I sort of understand him. You are really very very close to the props if you open the top windows and stick your head out.

If you look at these images imagine wind of 100 mph around your face and two massive engines beating the air in submission on both sides. And keep in mind, this is about the only way top check for oil leaks or even something simple like the setting of the cowl gills!

post-43-1239641838_thumb.jpg

post-43-1239641844_thumb.jpg

Have you considered an aussie paint for the package, even if a ficional one? Since 90% of my flying is in Australia thanks to ORBX I'd love to fly in a proper VH-reg. And my guess would be that a lot of FSXers enjoy down under as well. :)

• Aerosoft
Have you considered an aussie paint for the package, even if a ficional one? Since 90% of my flying is in Australia thanks to ORBX I'd love to fly in a proper VH-reg. And my guess would be that a lot of FSXers enjoy down under as well. :)

We'll do the Black Cat owned by the HARS and that's an PBY that is in Australia. I dare say it is one of the most famous Catalina's in the world.

0916025.jpg

:excl: Hi Mathijs I have had a pre order in for the boxed version of the Cat for quite some time now I would just like to know how long after you release the download version will the boxed version be released many thanks kind regards Mike