Excellent Shots Nick! B)

I was just wondering if its proposed release date was still *March* or is it now April like the .pdf stated? Any ideas?

I've been holding up my last Bulk purchase for this, several Patches/Fixes, and other products that were supposed to be released by now... :mellow:

Think I said this before for March is not possible anymore. Not really because we are late but because we kept on expanding the scope of the project. April for sure, if only because there will be nobody around on May to work on it, lol.

As always we'll release the 1.00 and then keep on working it for a few weeks to add things customers want. That's how I like to do things, but this time I need those comments fast because we need to get started on bigger and faster aircraft.

I understand what Paul is saying, but doesn't his theory also work in FSX with a plane with dirty windows? I have a Mooney that has dirty windows, and if I stare past them they do as Paul said and I can't see them.

What Paul is saying is that, since real life is 3D, you focus on a point past the windows so the specks and dirt then become blurred as your eye is not focused on them. This effect is enhanced because the image from each eye is different and unless you look directly at something the images don't line up. This causes your brain to ignore them.

Try looking out of your car with one eye shut. You will find the dirt far more noticeable.

In a computer game everything is 2D. You can only focus on the monitor so the dirt and specks always stay in focus no matter where you look. The only way this could be simulated is to blur the dirt, but then this would look unnatural when you are focusing on the cockpit itself.

However, I think the dirt looks great and really adds to the atmosphere of this outstanding aircraft. Can't wait to try it out!

Paul, please remember that this is still in Beta and I'm sure your comments will be taken into consideration. I will say that it wasn't till I paused the sim and started looking in greater detail that I even noticed the grime. I guess, as in the real world as you rightly stated, your eyes focus in the distance in the sim too. Additionally, the level of grime on these windows is not as dense as David initially portrayed on the Vulcan.

True Nick, it is beta. But beta shots, by their very definition, provide some indication of what the release model will look like. If you were to release something, and people people didn't like certain things about it, well.. it could be argued that the objections should have been raised when we had a chance, i.e when we saw the beta shots ! ;)

Honestly, beta or not, this Catalina is approaching perfection. It is a thing of utter beauty. Please, at least give us the option of 'no grime' if possible.

Please do mind that these are screenshots only !!

Very very good ones, but please take into account that You haven´t seen it "in sim" Yourself yet !!

I like how it looks now and think that we should wait geting feedback once released.

If the dirt effect doesn´t please the majority of customers by then, it will be changed in a service pack.

Finn

Part of the Beta team myself. Agree totally with Finn; you have to see it... The earlier versions with clean windows didn't work at all with the beautifully rendered "worn" look of the VC.

I have to agree with Finn and Jep, once the model is seen in sim the windows do not look bad at all. The windows used to be extremely dirty and the VC lighting used to make it a lot worse. I do most of my flights at night now and even with the VC lights on you can hardly tell at all that the windows are dirty. Although I am more focused on trying to see around the turret trying to fly/land than I am on the windows, but luckily the flat top turret takes care of that issue.

Finn, Nick, and beta testers, I will take your word for it.

Please don't get too weary of our queries and comments. We only have these screenshots to go on, and if we can't compare them to the actual beta model, there is no way we can discern what looks as it will be in the final model, what is WIP, and what is misrepresented by the screenshot.

By satisfying our hunger for screenshots, I'm afraid you create a rod for your own back, as the old British saying goes ! ;)

Keep up the good work, gentlemen. :D

It´s always dangerous to show screnshots of not released addons, cause only a few people know how it actually looks.

But on the other hand it´s no diferens from when I´m reading a review of an addon that could have my interest.

All I have are other peoples opinion and screenshots to evaluate if I´m going to buy it or not.

I would say that without the dirt we have on the windows right now, it wouldn´t look realistc and blend with the rest of the "worn" look of the cockpit.

Stay tuned..

Finn

It´s always dangerous to show screnshots of not released addons, cause only a few people know how it actually looks.

But on the other hand it´s no diferens from when I´m reading a review of an addon that could have my interest.

All I have are other peoples opinion and screenshots to evaluate if I´m going to buy it or not.

I would say that without the dirt we have on the windows right now, it wouldn´t look realistc and blend with the rest of the "worn" look of the cockpit.

Stay tuned..

Finn

I think the dirty windscreen will be perfect with what looks like a truly spectacular rendering of the cockpit! Although I still think that a red cp light would have worked better.

• Aerosoft

Stay tuned..

Finn

Besides, these are things we can tweak quite easy if the decision we take does not sit well with the customers. For some other products we got diverse glass textures as well. Seems this is one of those issues that people think different on.

Besides, these are things we can tweak quite easy if the decision we take does not sit well with the customers. For some other products we got diverse glass textures as well. Seems this is one of those issues that people think different on.

I would have to agree with you here...

I, personally, like the dirty window look. But, when people are looking at products, they want the option of choice and have their desires suited. If you all would kindly consider making the window (texture) and VC lighting colors (yellow, red, blue) as texture replacement or color change options during or post the installation, I believe that most users would feel that those needs are met and, perhaps, it might stop all the needless beckering.

My only grip is that I'm having to wait longer and longer to get my next bulk order shipped. :P

• Upvote 1

I would have to agree with you here...

I, personally, like the dirty window look. But, when people are looking at products, they want the option of choice and have their desires suited. If you all would kindly consider making the window (texture) and VC lighting colors (yellow, red, blue) as texture replacement or color change options during or post the installation, I believe that most users would feel that those needs are met and, perhaps, it might stop all the needless beckering.

My only grip is that I'm having to wait longer and longer to get my next bulk order shipped. :P

Or even like do-27 that u can clean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that four engine Catalina for real? I consider myself a knowledgable aviation person, and have never heard of it. Does not look photo shopped though. Like the nose shape, and the paint job. Certaintly an interesting design mixing radials with what looks like piston engines off a Cessna.

Oh yes there was!

http://www.airbum.com/articles/ArticleBirdPBY.html

You would be amazed what someone will add to an airplane.

Like the idea of a shower.

Yes, but no four-model version will be made. And I remember Stefan told that he's going to model toilet to one of the versions, but don't get mad if I have wrong info.

Yes, but no four-model version will be made. And I remember Stefan told that he's going to model toilet to one of the versions, but don't get mad if I have wrong info.

Please don't misunderstand me guys but we keep asking Aersoft to add this and change that we will be looking at August for a publishing date. I'm sure they want to get this outstanding plane onto the ramp soon.

I'm sure they want to get this outstanding plane onto the ramp soon.

They're not the only ones!! hehe. I have been foaming at the mouth for a few months now. Especially with the release of another person's battleship...I'm thinking those high altitude shots would be AMAZING!!!

Jon

They're not the only ones!! hehe. I have been foaming at the mouth for a few months now. Especially with the release of another person's battleship...I'm thinking those high altitude shots would be AMAZING!!!

Jon

A few months? I've been waiting for this Cat for over two years (ever since the project was first announced over at SimOuthouse). That original project, of course, was cancelled and turned into this one. And now, after all that buildup for years, I probably won't be buying because Aerosoft has moved on to far more system-heavy designs. On my rig that runs the Beaver and the Twotter as smooth as silk, I'm worried that the Catalina won't be any fun to fly due to performance loss. That's what has stopped me from buying the F-16 and the Bushhawk. Sigh. Maybe someday I'll have a nice Core i7 system. :blush:

Oh well, sorry for this interjection. The modelling and textures are just beautiful. I'm sure many will be very pleased.

A few months? I've been waiting for this Cat for over two years (ever since the project was first announced over at SimOuthouse). That original project, of course, was cancelled and turned into this one. And now, after all that buildup for years, I probably won't be buying because Aerosoft has moved on to far more system-heavy designs. On my rig that runs the Beaver and the Twotter as smooth as silk, I'm worried that the Catalina won't be any fun to fly due to performance loss. That's what has stopped me from buying the F-16 and the Bushhawk. Sigh. Maybe someday I'll have a nice Core i7 system. :blush:

Oh well, sorry for this interjection. The modelling and textures are just beautiful. I'm sure many will be very pleased.

You shouldn't be too afraid about performance. I have oldish dual core and I can run it just fine. If you can run twotter as smooth as silk, this should be very flyable at least.

• Aerosoft

If the Twotter runs fine, this one should run at least acceptable. Don't worry.

Great news, I have an older system also, and love the Beaver, and H1, they actually run as good or better than the default 172. Have both this and the new gliders on soon to purchase list.

I currently have a Pentium IV 3.2 , 1 Gb of RAM, and a Geforce 6600. I am going to be upgrading massively in the autumn, but just for info, this old system handles the Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver perfectly well.