Jan, you called your daughter Catalina??? If I have a daughter, should I call her Hurricane or Wellington...perhaps Jug or Fokker? ;)

Edit: I should say that I like the name Catalina and one of my friends has a daughter of the same name.

My middle name is Victor. My dad was only ever involved with Valiants and Vulcans, so maybe that was his way of compensating. Could have been worse though...I could have ended up as Short Sperrin.

;)

By the way, I love those new shots. The modern cockpit is just as I had hoped, and with regulation airliner seats in the rear for taking your ground crew with you on the airshow circuit. Plane Sailing's original Catalina was configured that way.

Its all looking very nice indeed.

Let's see if this works:

th_IMG_0494.jpg

My daughter Catalina in PH-PBY...

Going today through the blister interior details I found out that the toilet of the aircraft was located there. They had it seems also a roll of toilet paper hanging on the aft wall. So it seems you had really to tell

those guys to look the ´other´ directions when doing your body-matter-exchange duties.

The toilet and the paper roll will be included in the model too. I found that simply to spectacular to not show it in the final product.

Those window step the little girl is standing is also existing in the mil version. In the middle the mounting of the defense gun was located.

Jan, you called your daughter Catalina??? If I have a daughter, should I call her Hurricane or Wellington...perhaps Jug or Fokker? ;)

Edit: I should say that I like the name Catalina and one of my friends has a daughter of the same name.

Yes, I did. It's the spanish version of Catherine. My wife protested at first ("I'm not naming my daughter after a plane!", I don't know how she found out it was a plane), but she realised that the plane was named after something else too, and we really did like the name, and so does Catalina. She also likes the fact that there is an aircraft named after her, and she really enjoyed her flight in PH-PBY.

th_IMG_0500.jpg

I'm still looking for a Pontiac Catalina though...

As for naming your daughter Hurricane...maybe it would fit her character? Wellington only if she has a big nose, I'd say...I once met a girl called Dakota...

Yes, I did. It's the spanish version of Catherine. My wife protested at first ("I'm not naming my daughter after a plane!", I don't know how she found out it was a plane), but she realised that the plane was named after something else too, and we really did like the name, and so does Catalina. She also likes the fact that there is an aircraft named after her, and she really enjoyed her flight in PH-PBY.

th_IMG_0500.jpg

I'm still looking for a Pontiac Catalina though...

As for naming your daughter Hurricane...maybe it would fit her character? Wellington only if she has a big nose, I'd say...I once met a girl called Dakota...

I know a guy who's nicknamed "Beaver" but I don't think he's aware that he's named after a plane. :D

The toilet and the paper roll will be included in the model too. I found that simply to spectacular to not show it in the final product.

That will be a useful addition for those long flights over the Atlantic/Pacific! One roll of paper might not be enough, though ... :lol:

• Aerosoft
Setting abyss ... ^^

Think I said this before for March is not possible anymore. Not really because we are late but because we kept on expanding the scope of the project. April for sure, if only because there will be nobody around on May to work on it, lol.

As always we'll release the 1.00 and then keep on working it for a few weeks to add things customers want. That's how I like to do things, but this time I need those comments fast because we need to get started on bigger and faster aircraft.

................. because we need to get started on bigger and faster aircraft.

witch??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Think I said this before for March is not possible anymore. Not really because we are late but because we kept on expanding the scope of the project. April for sure, if only because there will be nobody around on May to work on it, lol.

As always we'll release the 1.00 and then keep on working it for a few weeks to add things customers want. That's how I like to do things, but this time I need those comments fast because we need to get started on bigger and faster aircraft.

Thank you. :)

... but this time I need those comments fast because we need to get started on bigger and faster aircraft.

Like the FSX Version of the Super Cub :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ???

Please

Sorry, but in my opinion, this simulated grime is something which never really works.

In a real aircraft your eyes are focused at a point way beyond the perspex and you see past the muck. In a flight sim, its at the same focal length as the rest of the sim...the monitor screen...and it gets in the way.

Try it yourself...look at the marks or dirt on your car or house windows, then look through that glass at the sky or something distant. The grime goes out of focus and almost becomes invisible. You can't trick the eye that way on a monitor.

Please guys, reconsider this, or at least provide a clear window option as Iris have done with their Vulcan.

Paul, please remember that this is still in Beta and I'm sure your comments will be taken into consideration. I will say that it wasn't till I paused the sim and started looking in greater detail that I even noticed the grime. I guess, as in the real world as you rightly stated, your eyes focus in the distance in the sim too. Additionally, the level of grime on these windows is not as dense as David initially portrayed on the Vulcan.

Excellent Shots Nick! B)

I was just wondering if its proposed release date was still *March* or is it now April like the .pdf stated? Any ideas?

I've been holding up my last Bulk purchase for this, several Patches/Fixes, and other products that were supposed to be released by now... :mellow:

• Upvote 1

Ah, I'm loving the pics! Can I buy a beta version? :D I love the dirty windows. I understand what Paul is saying, but doesn't his theory also work in FSX with a plane with dirty windows? I have a Mooney that has dirty windows, and if I stare past them they do as Paul said and I can't see them. Either way, I love the detail. Maybe offering a clean window version as an option in a later update would satisfy those who dislike the dirt.