Well if it was easy....

It is a texture file but it is created with several layers and I am not sure we are going to send those out with the paint kit. It's all rather special with prerendering and a lot of other things I don't really understand.

Here's a new image of the old pit with the panel lights on. Work is currently on the 'modern' pit that has radios etc.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

That's definitely low-lit! ... I might have to sneak-in a flash light to fly this baby at night. :lol: Are you still implementing the "yellow" spot-light for the cockpit?

Really nice pic, though. :)

• Upvote 1

Mathijs: Will the "Eye Ball" nose turret be the only one modeled? The reason I ask is that I saw shots of military paint schemes that should have the "Standard" nose turret? I believe that the "Eye Ball" turret was not introduced until the late PBY-5A's.

I'm eagerly awaiting release.

Bill

Mathijs: Will the "Eye Ball" nose turret be the only one modeled? The reason I ask is that I saw shots of military paint schemes that should have the "Standard" nose turret? I believe that the "Eye Ball" turret was not introduced until the late PBY-5A's.

I'm eagerly awaiting release.

Bill

Hi! I´m the 3d Modeler of this project. The flat turret of the early versions is on my to-do list too.

Man, it sure would have been nice to have the "Cat" in time for the IVAO Tahiti event. Oh well, I'm fueling up the Twotter, giving her a walk-around, and a good ol' waxing. See you guys in the skies!

What is the cruise speed of this flying cat (105/110 knots or more) ? petit-chat3.gif

About 90... mebbe 95. Some might argue that a real big cat could probably run faster, but they generally don't like the water. ;)

What is the cruise speed of this flying cat (105/110 knots or more) ? petit-chat3.gif

The POH says: slow cruise about 107 kts with 2050 RPM and 27 Manifold Pressure.

Fast cruise / cruise climb with 113 kts (2050 RPM and 30 ManPres).

Ok, so here some shots from the flat turret.

Thanks for these pictures, I prefer the model without any turret (military icon8.gif). ^^

The POH says: slow cruise about 107 kts with 2050 RPM and 27 Manifold Pressure.

Fast cruise / cruise climb with 113 kts (2050 RPM and 30 ManPres).

Thank you. B)

Ok, so here some shots from the flat turret.

Nice ;) Do you have pictures of the interior, too?

PS: Will this model allow for users to sit in other stations (like the Gun Turrets, radio man station, etc.) ?

• Upvote 1

Nice ;) Do you have pictures of the interior, too?

PS: Will this model allow for users to sit in other stations (like the Gun Turrets, radio man station, etc.) ?

Only radio compartment is modeled and even that is quite basic to save frames.

Will this model allow for users to sit in other stations (like the Gun Turrets, radio man station, etc.) ?

Indeed, I would love the view from the blisters. You don't have to model the entire compartment for me, but a bit of modelling of the inside of the blisters would be nice indeed. In real Catalina's, the blister is the place to be for a passenger, and I feel you would miss something if you wouldn't model at least part of it

Jan Kees

Indeed, I would love the view from the blisters. You don't have to model the entire compartment for me, but a bit of modelling of the inside of the blisters would be nice indeed. In real Catalina's, the blister is the place to be for a passenger, and I feel you would miss something if you wouldn't model at least part of it

Jan Kees

Hi!

Sometimes I had the feeling the communication was a bit complicated with the ´Work in Progress´ shots.

So I want to tell again that the interior i just now built into the external model. Just yesterday we added the flight engineer in its tower compartment.

The blister for sure will have to look occupied also from outside, so the military version will get its defense guns (.5 calibers) and there will be a special variant for the civilian version.

If you guys own imagery you did when traveling with the modern Catalina that show an idea of the blisters interior, you are very welcome. We cannot do dozens of special versions on the civilian, but a nice blend of the most characteristic

points there is surely possible.

• Aerosoft

I know as modeler Stefan is always worried to show work in progress because it can lead to confusions. But I think Stefan is too worried and just like to show of the superb things he is doing! As long as you understand that NOTHING we show in this section of the forum is from final versions and it is ALL work in progress we're all okay, right? If you think something is missing just ask, if it's an obvious thing you can rest assured it will be done (like the pilots in external view).

But I think Stefan is too worried and just like to show of the superb things he is doing! As long as you understand that NOTHING we show in this section of the forum is from final versions and it is ALL work in progress we're all okay, right?

post-43-1237211388_thumb.jpg

post-43-1237211504_thumb.jpg

post-43-1237211597_thumb.jpg

post-43-1237211646_thumb.jpg

I know as modeler Stefan is always worried to show work in progress because it can lead to confusions. But I think Stefan is too worried and just like to show of the superb things he is doing! As long as you understand that NOTHING we show in this section of the forum is from final versions and it is ALL work in progress we're all okay, right? If you think something is missing just ask, if it's an obvious thing you can rest assured it will be done (like the pilots in external view).

But I think Stefan is too worried and just like to show of the superb things he is doing! As long as you understand that NOTHING we show in this section of the forum is from final versions and it is ALL work in progress we're all okay, right?

I can understand Stefan's worry because when i'm doing something i do the same...

I want to show only the final work to let people surprised!!

But however, in this case we need so much to see something 'cause it's a lot we'r waiting for.....

I think it's a very GREAT work and can't wait to pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

I've been away for more than a year, but I was involved in the initial Catalina project, some time ago. I was also a volunteer with the catalina group in Holland, unfortunately only for a few months due to change of residence, but in these months I did provide some pictures. However it was clear the project back then did not have any progress anymore at some point and I also gave up hope to see this aircraft finished.

Now, checking this forum again, I never thought this would have developed such a huge amount in SUCH AN ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC LOOKING aircraft!!!

I still don't have fsx, and neither an computer to run it on, but this aircraft is going to bring me back no doubt to flightsimming. What a beauty. What a beauty. Like everybody else, I cannot wait to see this aircraft on my own computer!

Cheers

O

If you guys own imagery you did when traveling with the modern Catalina that show an idea of the blisters interior, you are very welcome. We cannot do dozens of special versions on the civilian, but a nice blend of the most characteristic

Let's see if this works:

th_IMG_0494.jpg

My daughter Catalina in PH-PBY...

Jan, you called your daughter Catalina??? If I have a daughter, should I call her Hurricane or Wellington...perhaps Jug or Fokker? ;)

Edit: I should say that I like the name Catalina and one of my friends has a daughter of the same name.