Any idea how detailed the manual will be that comes with the plane, enought to understand the systems that are modeled, or just enough to work the systems?

Oh, and I found this neat period video on youtube:

Any idea how detailed the manual will be that comes with the plane, enought to understand the systems that are modeled, or just enough to work the systems?

Oh, and I found this neat period video on youtube:

IIRC, it's the real manual from the bird... something like 300 pages?

I am experimenting with the flashlight, but the lights stuff in FSX is buggy beyond believe so I doubt this ever will work out.

Oh well, it would have been nice, but if it can't be done, then it can't be done. Thanks for giving it a try anyway, Mathijs. :)

my money is becoming too hot for me to hold onto i need to spend it on something guys and i think the Catalina is it. keep it up guys that bird looks brilliant.

Cheers,

mike

• Aerosoft
IIRC, it's the real manual from the bird... something like 300 pages?

Yes indeed. Two manuals, one from me with information on how to use the aircraft in FSX, but we got permission from one of the current operators of the Catalina to use their flight manual. Also tells you something on how detailed the simulated aircraft is. 350 pages. GREAT stuff.

Quick question, will the Cat have pilots in the cockpit (when viewed from outside)? I haven't noticed any in the screenshots.

Great work. It is really looking good.

Quick question, will the Cat have pilots in the cockpit (when viewed from outside)? I haven't noticed any in the screenshots.

Great work. It is really looking good.

The exterior modeling is still in progress. Later you will see a detailed cockpit with pilots and what belongs to the specific variants.

Will the commercial version vc have the grey colored floors vs the lime green in the preview pics in this forum? I personally hope so. The green is just not doing it for me, and actually doesn't even look like the government issued olive drab that is actually used. I hate to sound negative and it's no secret Aerosoft is my favorite, I'm just really looking forward to this plane.

0900745.jpg

1429716.jpg

I´m sorry that You don´t like the green.

But it is definitly realistic:

post-7458-1236326556_thumb.jpg

Finn

Yes, I definitely see in that picture. Very nice to know. Honestly, it's not that big a deal, just was curious. Regardless of the color, it looks outstanding and a simple color would never turn me away from purchasing it. I guess the years of being in real military vehicles/airplanes has worn on me and made me tired of seeing that color :rolleyes: . Still can't wait for the release!

I've looked at this picture for a while and even though it is green, wow, the detail is just absolutely fantastic. The painters have done a superb job. I actually wouldn't care if it was neon purple if it had this much detail. :rolleyes:

aero_cat2_49.jpg

I've looked at this picture for a while and even though it is green, wow, the detail is just absolutely fantastic. The painters have done a superb job. I actually wouldn't care if it was neon purple if it had this much detail. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you, maybe it will get my plane No. 1 when it's released. I really love all those screens so far. If the whole model looks like this and runs with good frames I would be veeery glad.

I recently bought the F-16 but but I like this old style much more. I can't await this baby...

The latest VC shots are terrific. I don't care what the price, I will go without dinner for a week to get this plane.

As for the cockpit grey or green discussion, I've been aboard both Catalinas operated by Plane Sailing in the UK, and if I remember correctly, I think both had mainly green cockpit interiors, possibly with black instrument panels. Mind you, such is the quality of this model, it could be pink with yellow spots and I'd still buy it.

Keep those screenies coming, guys. They are a feast for the eyes! :)

• Aerosoft
and if it is just a texture file, that can be changed quite easily.

Well if it was easy....

It is a texture file but it is created with several layers and I am not sure we are going to send those out with the paint kit. It's all rather special with prerendering and a lot of other things I don't really understand.

Here's a new image of the old pit with the panel lights on. Work is currently on the 'modern' pit that has radios etc.

post-43-1236362957_thumb.jpg

My oh my this is one great looking flying machine.

EagleValleyAir.com is flying in Papau New Guinea under the VCAS program, and we have several routes to activate when the Cat becomes a reality.

Card in hand.