• Aerosoft
as i understood it was 1st march release date approx. but hey whenever it is released Aerosoft have a monster hit on their hands as i think this will take FSX community by storm...

Another masterpiece right up there with the BeaverX.

Well done Aerosoft and i have my money ready :)

Cheers,

kymsheba (mike)

Early March is out of reach at this moment, but March most certainly.

Oh Great you guys did again I have to buy another plane :lol: Really nice work gent's it's a pleasure being member of this site watching great planes being brought back to life. Keep up the awsome work.

I look forward to buying this plane when it's ready for roll out:)

No problems mate, please take your time she is worth the wait this will be your biggest hit yet i think she is outstanding, dare i say better than your BeaverX ... now that is a big statement considering how good the BeaverX is.

The Catalina may pass the BeaverX and take the mantle as the greatest yet produced by you guys in my humble opion.

Cheers,

kymsheba (mike)

Thanks for the clarification Mr. Kok!

However, I don't mind waiting till the boxed version in April.

PS: Nick C. - Your screenshots still look :oB)

:D

• Upvote 1

Will the cowl flaps get damaged if you leave them open too far while flying at speed?

I also saw a really nice tv show that went over the history of the PBY Catalina, and it talked about an air history museum not far from where I live in Virginia Beach that has a Cat.

I think this will be my first post on this forum although I've been reading it for a couple years now. As with most of your add-ons this one is looking unbelievable . I know my friends and I will be doing a lot of MP flights in it. The detail is just superb. With all the add-ons I bought from Aerosoft I never posted my appreciation for them, I thought I would do that now.

Hiropemonkey, I also live in Virginia Beach and know of the museum you are talking about. I was just wondering if it's worth going to. Is the Cat constantly on display?

J.J. (Gator)

I haven't been to it yet, the show was on like last week, and it showed the cat indoors, so I think it is on permanent display. Though I don't know when the show was shot.

Thank you for your reply. It's funny I saw the same show myself and did a little research. Thought maybe you've been to it already. Well, if it has a Cat there it can't be all that bad.

Sorry Aerosoft for going a bit off topic.

KR,

J.J. (Gator)

Well, looks like the green is there to stay, but at least it's well painted/textured now. Looks like the old standard issued green carc paint our military uses. We would have to dress in astronaut suits when we were using that carc paint. Some bad stuff!

Very nice job on the vc though, bravo!

For the cowl flaps damage, I know it is not a fighter, top speed about 150 kts. It is just that cowl flaps are going to be damaged by excessive speed when fully extended, and cause drag so the plane can't fly as fast. I was just wondering if this is modeled with the advanced engine management and damage modeling.

Just one more shot of the near completed VC (the seats now got a nice old leather on them).

Do zoom into the full resolution when you open this in your browser.

Mr. Kok,

She certainly is looking much nicer... B)

I've also decided to add a touch screen to my sim just so I can touch/click those switches on/off. Any suggestions for a good touch screen for FSX/Vista?

:D Here is something like what I'm looking to do; Link Here:-

PS: Also, are you going to get Cody to make a promo video for this model?

:)

• Upvote 1

Mr. Kok,

She certainly is looking much nicer... B)

I've also decided to add a touch screen to my sim just so I can touch/click those switches on/off. Any suggestions for a good touch screen for FSX/Vista?

:D Here is something like what I'm looking to do; Link Here:-

PS: Also, are you going to get Cody to make a promo video for this model?

:)

I've heard wacom screens are very good, although they are very expensive as they are designed for professional artists.

• Aerosoft
Will the cowl flaps get damaged if you leave them open too far while flying at speed?

I also saw a really nice tv show that went over the history of the PBY Catalina, and it talked about an air history museum not far from where I live in Virginia Beach that has a Cat.

No, I don't think this is an issue for the Catalina. I asked the crew of the Catalina in Lelystad about additional drag and they tell me it is almost negligible. Interesting though, the only way to know the setting of the cowl flaps is to LOOK at the engines, with a flash light at night when needed.