Paul you are correct, but this is a Beta which means unfinished.

James, I don't have the talent of true artists, I just take pictures of their excellent work. I never class myself as a true Beta tester, but if I discover problems along the way, I make sure I point them out.

OH WOW!!! i can already tell this is now going to be my all time favourite aircraft and replace my other 3 aircraft the Dornier Do-27, BeaverX & the B377 Stratocruiser.

This will definitely make all the others secondary to the Catalina.

I have my money ready for when it is released, i can't wait.

Cheers,

kymsheba (Mike)

And we even got music in the cabin if you tune the right freq... Of course you won't hear a lot with 2400 horses so close to the cockpit.

Sounds good! :) Forties music? Reminds me of the flying boats made by Bill Lyons for FS9, you could always tune in to some period music. Coming to think of Lyons' flying boats and seeing the windscreen wipers of the Cat, Bill made a custom effect to "produce" more rain on the windscreen. Wouldn't such an effect be possible in the Cat? Otherwise we'll have wipers but no rain on the windscreen! :(

And we even got music in the cabin if you tune the right freq... Of course you won't hear a lot with 2400 horses so close to the cockpit.

Can you customize the playlist? I have a big collection of Glen Miller songs that would fit very well ;).

Paul you are correct, but this is a Beta which means unfinished.

Yep, sorry Nick. I'm getting pre-release tension here, such is my eager anticipation of the Cat. Over the years, its always been in my top 5 MSFS aircraft, and this Aerosoft one is the answer to my FSX prayers.

I need to breathe deeply and keep calm. ;)

The ghostly sounds of Honolulu breaking in over the normal ATC. You try to retune and can just make out above the static what appears to be military transports in the circuit readying for landing. As you approach Midway there seems to be a lot of foreign radio chatter. You tap your watch, stopped. Strange, you never noticed that amount of shipping moored at Pearl before. Finally ATC comes on the air, what a relief....."Stawberry 6, come in Strawberry6".

• Aerosoft

Another milestone. Modeling of the old style VC has been completed, just some texturing. The 'modern' VC is roughly the same, we'll just insert modern radios etc. So that should go fast. Still very much on schedule for a release next month.

post-43-1234878010_thumb.jpg

These shots are terrific! Nice to hear we are getting both period and modern cockpits, at least in terms of radios. Going to be perfect for a round-the-world trip. :)

These shots are terrific! Nice to hear we are getting both period and modern cockpits, at least in terms of radios. Going to be perfect for a round-the-world trip. :)

One of the testers may just agree with you!

Another milestone. Modeling of the old style VC has been completed, just some texturing. The 'modern' VC is roughly the same, we'll just insert modern radios etc. So that should go fast. Still very much on schedule for a release next month.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Thank you ... It is really good to see it "LIVE"; as well as "NICK" (Nick C.'s pic.'s - which always look great). :D

Do you think that she'll be out within the month or is that still too far out? I'm hoping to just add her to my current Bulk order purchase, if possible; but, if not, would you kindly post "the location" to that .PDF that lists your products and the expected/planned release dates/times? So, that I don't have to keep asking. Thanks. :)

• Upvote 1

A really gorgeous office! Makes me wanna go to work immediately! :)

Will the Cat have some engine management built in. If I abuse the engines will they have problems. Or is it just standard FSX engine management? I like the idea of having to rearly manage the engines rather than just pretending.

You will have to manage the engine and keep a good eye at the gauges (oil temperature & pressure, cylinder head temperature, carburettor air temperature, RPM, manifold pressure, fuel pressure,...). Otherwise, the engines will fail, give lower performance,...(specific for every part of the engine). ;) .

The Catalina will come with a pop-up Checklist / configuration "Gauge" where You can select between "Realistic" or "Standard" engines.

The realistic engines will require proper engine management, as well as introducing an enhanced Carburator icing code that is much more realstic than the default FSX Carb icing.

Selecting "Standard" engines disables all engine failures / carb icing.

In effect this means that the engines will behave just like FSX default engines, where You can firewall throttle and propeller levers with no consequense.

So it´s really accesible for all kind of flightsimmers being it casual or hardcore.

Finn

You will find the release list only in German language and only at the German Homepage of Aerosoft.

Thank you Mr. Markus Pidder! :D

I "back-tracked" the Link and found the English version there too... English Release list (.pdf)

For other Languages: http://aerosoft2.de/trader/pdf/

And ...

It actually states:

"Catalina, The flying Cat 4015918105422 Ger, Engl, April 2009 €29,99

At present the best twin engine seaplane for FSX. Enjoy this historical aircraft of the 30th. "

FYI: Brent "bstolle": That's why I ask the Staff/developers these questions ONLY - to get the facts, such as they are.... ;)

• Upvote 1

"Catalina, The flying Cat 4015918105422 Ger, Engl, April 2009 €29,99

At present the best twin engine seaplane for FSX. Enjoy this historical aircraft of the 30th. "

That April date actually is listed as the boxed version, or it was this morning when I looked at it.

as i understood it was 1st march release date approx. but hey whenever it is released Aerosoft have a monster hit on their hands as i think this will take FSX community by storm...

Another masterpiece right up there with the BeaverX.

Well done Aerosoft and i have my money ready :)

Cheers,

kymsheba (mike)

Some more shots of the current Beta:...

She's beautiful Mr. campinge! :o:DB) I like the carbon/oil/dirt effect and the reflection bump's on the textures; it adds an element of realism that I like to see. ;)

Did you take those shots in DX10 Preview mode?

• Upvote 1