Ehm, Shaun or Mathijs, did you read any of my mails regarding joining the beta team ? I haven't received any replies to this day, nor on Facebook, by PM, or by e-mail. I'd like to help you out!

Same for me, wrote to the support mail address, but nothing came back yet... As Joris, I´d like to help, too. If you don´t need any more testers, or you don´t want me, that would be ok, but it would be nice if you´d at least write back.

• Aerosoft

The real power of the interactive checklists has not been shown yet... attached is a sample of me being sloppy. As I am running trough the before start checklist I click on each line to indicate it has been checked but at the end I see three red check marks. The interactive checklist knows that Parking brakes are NOT set, Cowl gills and NOT open and Radio Master is NOT off. So with three red checks I am clearly not done with this checklists. Any serious crew member would have stopped me so it is rather realistic. Of course the moment I set the switches right the items would be green. We call it 'cool'. Very cool. Frosty even.

Do ignore the 104.7 fps, that's just me showing off. I was at default Rotterdam airport at moderate settings. Settings that give me 62 fps in FS2004.

post-43-1234291564_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft
Same for me, wrote to the support mail address, but nothing came back yet... As Joris, I´d like to help, too. If you don´t need any more testers, or you don´t want me, that would be ok, but it would be nice if you´d at least write back.

If I told you I worked 41 hours since Saturday morning to this moment and was supposed to have the weekend off, would you excuse me? Things are really hectic with 3 high end FSX projects not too far from release, a major server problem in the weekend (who cares about Saturday evening anyway, lol) and still a lot of movement around ACES things are still very much in a state of flux. Not complaining though, I got a job a lot of you folks out there would like!

If I am rightly informed all applicants are contacted by now. If not let me know on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com.

Hello Folks,

When you were asked to volunteer to beta test as a rule we leave it a few days and then collate all the volunteers in one go as opposed to doing it in dribs and drabs.

As the servers were down and very slow for a few days there was a few things that needed catching up on which I'm afraid to say took priority.

We hadn't forgotten you just set you aside a little longer..

No problem ;-). Arrived at the right place...I'm impressed, to say the least ! :blink: . But going back to my own work, though it's 'just' school...(God, I hate maths! Especially now...). Holy, 41 hours...wow!

Hi folks, my first post in these forums, but an existing Aerosoft customer with the excellent DHC2 for both FS9 and FSX.

I am going to get the Catalina without any doubt: to me, its one of those essential MSFS aircraft, like the DC3, and of course the Beaver. And an Aerosoft Catalina too...excellent !

However, those latest interior screenshots from Nick C concern me a little. Why is there a dark smudging around the edge of some of the windows ? Is that something temporary that will not be in the final release, or is it an attempt to replicate the dirt that gathers where perspex meets the metal frame ?

If it is the latter, then I don't think it really works as it only serves to make the window edges indistinct, but I'd be interested to know please.

Hi folks, my first post in these forums, but an existing Aerosoft customer with the excellent DHC2 for both FS9 and FSX.

I am going to get the Catalina without any doubt: to me, its one of those essential MSFS aircraft, like the DC3, and of course the Beaver. And an Aerosoft Catalina too...excellent !

However, those latest interior screenshots from Nick C concern me a little. Why is there a dark smudging around the edge of some of the windows ? Is that something temporary that will not be in the final release, or is it an attempt to replicate the dirt that gathers where perspex meets the metal frame ?

If it is the latter, then I don't think it really works as it only serves to make the window edges indistinct, but I'd be interested to know please.

Hi Paul K!

I do the visual art stuff on this aircraft project. The pictures of the Aerosoft Catalina X currently shown over the net are WORK IN PROGRESS shots. They NOT display the final version, which will be a beauty on its own.

Currently some parts are done, others not, making the shots to some patchwork collection. Normally we developers not like to show the models in this stage, so when its not complete to avoid misinterpretations .

But we understand the desire that you want to be informed how the progress here goes. And here it is. The glass texture is a place holder now and will be adapted to its real world appearance during the finalization process.

Hi Paul K!

I do the visual art stuff on this aircraft project. The pictures of the Aerosoft Catalina X currently shown over the net are WORK IN PROGRESS shots. They NOT display the final version, which will be a beauty on its own.

Currently some parts are done, others not, making the shots to some patchwork collection. Normally we developers not like to show the models in this stage, so when its not complete to avoid misinterpretations .

But we understand the desire that you want to be informed how the progress here goes. And here it is. The glass texture is a place holder now and will be adapted to its real world appearance during the finalization process.

Thanks for that, Mr H. A comprehensive reply, and very much appreciated.

I just love those night lighting panel shots. Not sure about the reflection of the handle on the overhead perspex though...what light source would be shining down onto the handle from above for it to be reflected so brightly ? Moonlight maybe ?

Mr. Nick C.,

There is not doubt in anyone's mind, that you are the "Ansel Adam's" (of the "FS Screen Shot" photography) for the whole FSCommunity. I'm sure that you can probably make a dung-heap look like Mount Everest if given the chance... :lol:

But, I have to ask ...

Are you working on textures for this model as a BETA Testor/Developer or just showing us this Bird?

• Upvote 1