Preview Eddf - Mega Airport Frankfurt 2008 - Fs9

Rainer Duda

Hi

One question: what is the difference between this version and the previous one for FS2004? I ask this because it looks more or less the same...

harpsi

Hi

One question: what is the difference between this version and the previous one for FS2004? I ask this because it looks more or less the same...

harpsi

Hi,

I'll try to make this late afternoon some "before-after"-screenshots to show differences.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi

harpsi

It's funny I was just thinking the same thing. The terminal textures and night lighting do seem a bit sharper though. I was hoping Munich was the one to get redone first as it is not quite up to the current GAP team's standards.

It's funny I was just thinking the same thing. The terminal textures and night lighting do seem a bit sharper though. I was hoping Munich was the one to get redone first as it is not quite up to the current GAP team's standards.

That´s what I find strange. We are always seeing the same things and no new airports in new locations at all. Specially LFPG, EGLL and EDDF are being redone a lot of times... We need greece, turkey, portugal, denmark, finland or even middle east. We have a very good version of LFPG but simwings is doing it again... Why? The same happens with EDDF. EGLL was done by UK team first, then they made another one which was very good. Why to make another one by simwings? Madrid needed another one, but just the north part. The south part looks more or less the same. Textures are better? Well, of course yes, but is it so different from 1 or 2 years ago? If we go in this way, maybe in 2009 or 2010 we will have EDDF again and some countries will stay without detailed airports as well. I am remembering LPPT which has now a great quality but only after 6 years from the last resonable addon for LPPT... EBBR by cornel, the first time in FS history... Basel never done... LSGG by cornel for the first time with good quality. And so on...

harpsi

Hi,

here are some comparable screenshots. Every upper screen is from EDDF-2005, the other from EDDF-2008.

Screens are made completely without AI-traffic. So don't wonder if you feel "lonely". ;)

diff02.jpg

diff03.jpg

diff04.jpg

diff05.jpg

diff01.jpg

Ciao,

Rainer.

That's it.....now I'm really going to snap :angry:

First, you guys @ Aerosoft gave me the absolute reason not to switch to FSX by introducing AES.

Then you made me abandon UK2000's Heathrow by having a more than terrific release of Heathrow. After that a release of Madrid 2008, followed by Lisbon 2008......

Now Frankfurt's EDDF 2008?

Stop sucking the $$$$$ out of my pocket :lol: this is driving me crazy :wacko: .......now I have to see my psychiatrist again to calm me down cause you don't have a release date yet :P

Rainer, those a marvelous pics......please don't post anymore cause I might ban myself from coming into the forum if I see more pics before the release of the final product :lol: ......just kidding. Please post more on the progress...can't wait!

Any chance that the all 3 Jetways might work if we park an A380 :rolleyes: ......this should be interesting to have in the next release of AES......maybe v2.0 ^_^

Looking great there Rainer.

One question though, is this a totally new product, or an upgrade to the current offering?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find the answer here.

Hi,

@Tom: as far as I know MAF 2008 is a new product. For both simulators, FSX and FS2004.

But I'm not Aerosoft, so I sadly can't give you any info about costs or upgrade-possibilities for MAF2005 etc...

My intention is to show screens from betatesting.

@Harpsi: The designer had to update this important airport for FSX. In my eyes it's very fair (especially for the folks like me who still use FS2004), that he checked the effort to "downgrade" this FSX-version to FS2004. Some important changes for A380-users for example and some things I didn't show so far. ;)

In the near future I would like to see this effort-check from some other designers too. ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Rainer, a piece of excellent work, as usual! :)

Looks stunning and, since it's my world's favourite airport, I will buy it out of hand.

I wonder what surprises of yours can we find in the aerodrome, that are not visible in the shots.

As for the Aerosoft's pricing, I am ready to pay.

I hope, however, that owners of MAF2005 (like me) can get a significant discount as it is not a completely new product to us.

Frankfurt is a mega-huge hub. So framerates there, especially with AI, will never be very high.

Thus I wonder if you are using here any good techniques (LOD, etc) to make it more FPS-friendly than MAF2005.

That would be great news to me, otherwise I will have to invest in a new PC. ;)

Looking forward to getting my hands on it...

Plus I hope you'll make a new EDDM and EDDT soon, too.

Best regards,

Rafal

Thanks Rafal,

Framerates are very good. Of course some stutters with many AI-planes on ground and in the air. Usually AISMOOTH is watching 115 aircrafts around Frankfurt - and you have to add the planes which are parking. I use nearly all WorldofAI-packages and many own-created from avsim-flightplans.

I made two screens without groundshadows, without AI-traffic and clear sky. All other options maxed out.

Frames between 55-68, usually around 60. Top screen = EDDF 2005, lower screen = EDDF 2008

eddf-frames.jpg

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Aerosoft
Hi,

@Tom: as far as I know MAF 2008 is a new product. For both simulators, FSX and FS2004.

But I'm not Aerosoft, so I sadly can't give you any info about costs or upgrade-possibilities for MAF2005 etc...

My intention is to show screens from betatesting.

@Harpsi: The designer had to update this important airport for FSX. In my eyes it's very fair (especially for the folks like me who still use FS2004), that he checked the effort to "downgrade" this FSX-version to FS2004. Some important changes for A380-users for example and some things I didn't show so far. ;)

In the near future I would like to see this effort-check from some other designers too. ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Although nothing has been decided (or nothing can be shared) at this moment, Aerosoft is not known to charge full price for products that contain major parts of previous versions. So don't worry about that.

Hi,

updating FRA is in my opinion a very good idea, didn't know that so much has been changed since the release.

Wouldn't it be possible to update the "older" airports like EDDL, EDDW, EDDT and so on in almost the same manner? I think they only need a new ground and new taxi/runway design. Maybe a few changes in surroundings and buildings. All the buildings look in the same qualitiy as e.g. EDDF or EDDK. Or are those older airports done in a totally different way, what I mean is the technique of design that would make a ground upgrade impossible?

Thanks and kind regards,

Axel from Germany.

Although nothing has been decided (or nothing can be shared) at this moment, Aerosoft is not known to charge full price for products that contain major parts of previous versions. So don't worry about that.

Thants a good enough answer for me Mathijs.

I'll be having it as soon as its out at that rate anyway.

Great job to all @ Aerosoft and GAP.

Hi,

some more screens from this afternoon - with AESlite-improvements which you haven't seen in my older screenshots so far. ;)

eddf-050.jpg

eddf-051.jpg

eddf-052.jpg

eddf-053.jpg

And this are non-static objects of course. :)

Ciao,

Rainer.

We need new airport sceneries, I agree most designers are just repeating the same scenery over and over while there are so many important airports with no descent scenery !

I'm bored of flying to the same airports for months (years) and almost no long haul as there is no good scenery to Asia (only Tokyo i would say) no good scenery to Oceania (NONE), Hawaii (none), Africa (none), Canada (may be 1), South America (Rio?)!!

@Harpsi: The designer had to update this important airport for FSX. In my eyes it's very fair (especially for the folks like me who still use FS2004), that he checked the effort to "downgrade" this FSX-version to FS2004. Some important changes for A380-users for example and some things I didn't show so far.

I understand and of course I appreciate since I just use FS004. But if you ask me if I would like to have only a better version of EDDF or to stay with the previous one with Athens, Antalya or Cairo for example, I would choose the second option. I understand that here is the problem of FSX which has no EDDF scenery at the moment. :)

harpsi

Just one question !!! I think there is one A380 Gate missing !! At Terminal 1 on the right concourse ??? Please correct me if i am wrong

dddddpm9.jpg

We need new airport sceneries, I agree most designers are just repeating the same scenery over and over while there are so many important airports with no descent scenery !

I'm bored of flying to the same airports for months (years) and almost no long haul as there is no good scenery to Asia (only Tokyo i would say) no good scenery to Oceania (NONE), Hawaii (none), Africa (none), Canada (may be 1), South America (Rio?)!!

Wait...what? I can agree that Australia/Oceania and Africa are neglected, but Asia? What about the excellent freeware VHHH? What about Samsoft's SIN and TPE? And Japan? Only Tokyo? What about Overland's 8 volumes of Japanese airports (Both Narita and Haneda, Kansai, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kobe...the list goes on and on and on). They all may not be of the extreme quality we're used to from the likes of Aerosoft, FT or FSDT but they are far from being poorly designed.

Wait...what? I can agree that Australia/Oceania and Africa are neglected, but Asia? What about the excellent freeware VHHH? What about Samsoft's SIN and TPE? And Japan? Only Tokyo? What about Overland's 8 volumes of Japanese airports (Both Narita and Haneda, Kansai, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kobe...the list goes on and on and on). They all may not be of the extreme quality we're used to from the likes of Aerosoft, FT or FSDT but they are far from being poorly designed.

Well I personally love realism (Blame Aerosoft and some other extremely talented scenery designers for this), good airports with international presence, which from the Overland series only Kansai and Narita, and I love Narita's takeoffs and landings but once you pull up to the gate it's very boring no detail around, gates are like a mile off the aircraft and high up the air.. etc. About Kansai it seriously needs a small upadate including the new opened runway. Regarding the VHHH freeware the textures are constanly flickering and I dislike the grass also, I don't personally see it too realistic that's why it's a freeware (although I did flew there for a time and I truly thank the creator as for a freeware it's pretty good, so kuddos for him ). But I actually pay for good sceneries so that's what im asking (begging?) for new high quality payware sceneries since they're the only ones that truly feels realistic. About SIN and TPE I belive I saw a couple of screenshots and they look very old! simple terminals, no photoreal ground etc etc. I wouldn't waste my money on that. So, SIN definately needs a new scenery, VHHH as well, and many other international airports in Asia with good presence outside the continent. I heard ZBAA has a payware scenery although it's only sold in mainland China, so that's quite bad.

And about Australia, I was extremely exited about the new Sydney which I purchased first day it came out (42 dollars!!!) I expected something even better than Aerosofts' sceneries or FSDTs' KORD as it's almost twice the price. But when I actually flew there I personally thought it was a small freeware upgrade to Sydney's default scenery. I was extremely upset I had wasted 42 dollars on it. Hmmm hope I explained myself better. :) good day

BTW you know a place I would love to fly to, Delhi or Mumbai.. both large airports with good international presense from Europe and America. :D

which from the Overland series only Kansai and Narita, and I love Narita's takeoffs and landings but once you pull up to the gate it's very boring no detail around, gates are like a mile off the aircraft and high up the air.. etc.

Regarding the VHHH freeware the textures are constanly flickering and I dislike the grass also, I don't personally see it too realistic that's why it's a freeware (although I did flew there for a time and I truly thank the creator as for a freeware it's pretty good, so kuddos for him ).

The Overland's Japanese airports are complemented by Urakawa's dynamic scenery, specifically designed for these airports. It adds ground vehicles (both static and dynamic) to a multitude of Overland's sceneries. It's a worthy addition that makes these airports that much more realistic. I don't know how many of Overland's airports you own, but I have to disagree that they're lacking in detail. They seem fairly detailed to me and are very easy on framerates.

I get no flickering in VHHH. If I were you, I'd check your settings and maybe tweak AA and AF.

Either way, I doubt we're going to see a payware VHHH or Japanese airports with readily available alternatives being around. Maybe for FSX, but as far as FS9 is concerned, those areas are probably spoken for.