Chaders To The Sky

Chaders

Hi All,

Just thought you might like an update. Some of your may know I've decided at 34 that retail management isn't for me any more so I'm chasing my dreams. A couple of weeks ago I left work and have been training to re-validate my PPL prior to nipping off to the states for a bit of hour building, sitting the 14 ATPL exams and then hopefully gaining my CPL/ME/IR (Otherwise known as a frozen ATPL)

After 14 years out of a real cockpit I managed to pass my PPL skills test on monday after about 15 hours of flight training at Multiflight based at Leeds Bradford.

If anyones interested I have been keeping a blog at www.chaders.co.uk/blog/ I'm a few days behind with the updates but I'm sure I'll catch up whilst I wait for the CAA to return my Licence.

• Upvote 1

Just like riding a bicycle, I'm sure it's all coming back to you. ;)

Welcome back to the skies, Chaders, and good luck with your endeavors! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Cheers for the kind words, I'm currently studying for the ATPL exams plan to sit the 1st 8 in November then the last 6 in april. September will be spent in Florida (Weather permitting) building hours. I've managed to get some flying in with Kelly (My long suffering wife) and have put a video of a visit to Sandtoft on YouTube. A link can be found

• 5 months later...

To All my friends at Aerosoft!!

I've recieved the results from the 1st 8 ATPL ground exams and I did pretty well. I think I deserve to do a bit of simming now.

Instruments/Electronics 98%.

Mass & Balance 97%.

Flight Planning & Monitoring 98%.

Human Performance & Limitations 96%.

Meteorology 95%.

General Navigation 95%.

VFR Communications 100%.

IFR Communications 96%

Now I can enjoy Christmas!!!

To All my friends at Aerosoft!!

I've recieved the results from the 1st 8 ATPL ground exams and I did pretty well. I think I deserve to do a bit of simming now.

Instruments/Electronics 98%.

Mass & Balance 97%.

Flight Planning & Monitoring 98%.

Human Performance & Limitations 96%.

Meteorology 95%.

General Navigation 95%.

VFR Communications 100%.

IFR Communications 96%

Now I can enjoy Christmas!!!

Well Done! Its hard being away and coming back to things ... So, what will you be assigned to?

Merry Christmas! :D

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Just a bit of an update. Last month I sat the final 6 ATPL ground exams. Found out today I passed them!! So thats all 14 exams passed first time :) Starting the CPL/ME/IR on June the 1st and will be glad to be away from the ground studys for a bit.

Guest Dag
Hi All,

Just a bit of an update. Last month I sat the final 6 ATPL ground exams. Found out today I passed them!! So thats all 14 exams passed first time :) Starting the CPL/ME/IR on June the 1st and will be glad to be away from the ground studys for a bit.

I want to congratulate you Richard, well done :rolleyes: I bet you are aiming for piloting a GIV at least ?? In Dubai ??

Best

I want to congratulate you Richard, well done :rolleyes: I bet you are aiming for piloting a GIV at least ?? In Dubai ??

Best

Cheers Dag,

I'm glad to have them out of the way. I have no doubts as to how hard the job market is at the minute. I'm hoping for some signs of recovery by the end of the year when I'll have all the bits of paper needed and will be looking seriously. I'll be happy flying owt..

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

For those who aren't bored with my updates here is another.

Just thought I'd let you all know that today after 3 rained off bookings I finaly did my CPL skills test.....................................................................and PASSED!!!!

I am a happy boy at the minute as you can imagine. Starting the IR on monday.

Way to go! Glad to hear you’re doing well.

And I don’t think any of us are bored with your updates.

Keep up the good work!

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just to let you all know after getting a partial pass 2 weeks ago I managed to complete my ME IR today. The test flight is pretty daunting and I anoyed myself for partialing on the EFATO (something I'd allready done for the multi CPL) but it's all done now. I was only airborne for 5 minutes today to do an EFATO, asymetric go around (actually done on the downwind) and an asymetric landing. Felt like longer but I got the result in the end. It's still a series 1 pass so not to bad.

Now comes the hard part........... Finding work!!!

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

2010 was a busy year for me that seriously limited my sim time. In February last year I gained my instructor rating. I've been helping people gain their PPL's ever since. In June of 2010 I also started a job as a Flight planning officer for Jet2.com. As this was a shift based job working a 4 on 4 off pattern it didn't interfere with my instruction but it did mean that I still had a wage coming in if the weather was poor (handy living in the north of England).

Just before Christmas I was offered a job as a First Officer on Jet2's 737 fleet. I start my training in February and as you can imagine I am pretty exited about this opportunity. If all goes well I should be through the type rating and starting my line training in April.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Just to update you all. I've now passed my type rating on the 737-300. I did my base training last week which involves doing 6 take offs and landings in the actual aircraft. This as you can imagine was awesome and a little surreal. I did 5 of the circuits up at EGNV then I got to fly the aircraft back to EGNM. This was even more enjoyable than the rest of the flight because as you may know I spent last year instructing out of Leeds.

I have my first line training trip this friday and I'm really exited about that. Hopefully once I've settled in I'll have a bit of spare time to fire up the FS PC.

Hi All,

Just to update you all. I've now passed my type rating on the 737-300. I did my base training last week which involves doing 6 take offs and landings in the actual aircraft. This as you can imagine was awesome and a little surreal. I did 5 of the circuits up at EGNV then I got to fly the aircraft back to EGNM. This was even more enjoyable than the rest of the flight because as you may know I spent last year instructing out of Leeds.

I have my first line training trip this friday and I'm really exited about that. Hopefully once I've settled in I'll have a bit of spare time to fire up the FS PC.

Thats great news Rich. Wonder if FS will ever be the same ;)

• Aerosoft

Hi All,

I had a beer on your bar tab...