Release: Vfr Germany 2 - North

• Aerosoft

Since the first version of FS, simpilots dreamed about having large areas covered with high detail aerial images and having all buildings placed in the correct location. Well now we can show you that we got very close to that. Using totally new technology combining several databases this scenery offers the best representation of the terrain possible in FSX. No matter of you fly as low as 1000ft or at FL35!

This scenery series will impress you like no other before: millions (yes, millions!) of exactly placed buildings placed on 90,000km² of aerial images!

Features:

* 90,000km² of aerial images at a stunning resolution of 1m/pix

* Almost all lakes, rivers etc. with water masks (reflecting and landable for floaters)

* Thousands of important VFR reference points like transmission towers, factories and much more

* New custom-made autogen replacing the default autogen buildings with typical German looking buildings

* Autogen buildings placed at their exact locations using a database of more than several Million (!) objects!

* Airport runways adjusted to the aerial images

* Additional glider and ultralight airfields, which were not included in FSX yet

* Extensive manual in English and German

* VFR map for the whole area

vfrgermany2_16.jpg

vfrgermany2_17.jpg

vfrgermany2_36.jpg

vfrgermany2_38.jpg

Dear Mr. Mathijs Kok,

I'm buy this for sure! Along with the F-16, Lisbon, and the Madrid when the FSX version is released. Keep up the good work and Thank you.

Fantastic! After the first VFR Scenery, I have been waiting excitedly for the other packs. I will preorder the disks as soon as I get paid :).

• 1 month later...

Dear Aerosoft,

I recently bought VFR Germany North and have a few comments and questions i hope you can help me with...

I really wanted some high quality VFR scenery for this area as i lived in Hamburg for ten years and i know how beautiful it is there, so I was really happy when i found your product. It has given me a lot of enjoyment and finally i can fly over Hamburg Hafen and see everything clearly!

1. I have seen some strange colour variations around hamburg. For example when you fly out of Hamburg, you can see where one area is coloured differently to another (a result of the photos being taken at different times?).

2. Are the textures on the DVD a higher resolution than in the download?

3. Why are there no winter textures?

4. Why are there no night textures? After watching the video on the PC Pilot DVD for VFR UK which showed lights at night, I thought they would be included in VFR Germany? It would be so great to see some night textures, now when i fly at night, i can't see anything!

5. The edges of the water masks don't blend nicely with my homemade FEX water theme (which is dark), can you recommend a suitable water theme so that I don't see where the VFR water mask ends and FSX water begins? What theme did you use for your screenshots? For example, today i flew around Rugen, where this was noticeable.

6. I already have FSGenesis mesh for the world, did the installer install it's own mesh? if yes, how can i uninstall it?

Thank you for your hard work, you have helped make flying over North Germany a lot more fun for me.

I look forward to trying more of your products in the future.

Toby