Gap 1-4 Installation Directory

markcable

Hi there,

I am considering buying the GAP series to go with AES, however I am running out of space on my hard drive where FS9 is installed. Is it possible to install this scenery on my 250Gb external drive with the setup.exe file. I know that you do not publish FS9, but can anyone tell me what sort of free HD space you should have to run FS9. I currently have a 100Gb Hard Drive Partitioned into 2 x 50GB (C: & D:). C: is used for all my windows files and programs and has 8GB free, while D: is exclusive for FS9 and has only 250Mb free. When FS9 caches scenery files does it use the HD where it is installed or the Main Windows installation drive.

Vaio AR-11B, Dual Core T2300, 1.66GHz

2Gb DDR2 SDRAMM (533MHz)

Nvidea Geforce 7400 256Mb

100GB HD (Partitioned into 2 x 50GB)

Windows XP Media Centre edition 2005

Don't know where FS caches scenery files, but I've had scenery files spread all over different partitions and different HD's, without any problems as long as the scenery path's are correct in the scenery.cfg.