Aes With Passengers

is there a way to have people, such as passengers display in AES? I was recently snooping around a forum when I found this pic

this explains what I am looking for.

747.jpg

I was just wondering if this is possible in the long run, especially at TNCM where sometimes my 747's use stairs...

• Developer

Hi,

nice picture, but to animate human objects is very complex. I am thinking about to make it possible, but I don't know yet, if it will happen.

Hi,

nice picture, but to animate human objects is very complex. I am thinking about to make it possible, but I don't know yet, if it will happen.

Maybe a quasi-static alternative would be easier to implement? Have static images on the stairs/near the bus with the density increasing/decreasing depending on the boarding timer? It would be mindblowingly awesome to have animated pax, but even a static representation would be quite an addition :)

And I agree on the luggage/baggage carts comment above, that would definitely add to the already fantastic offering :)

Have static images on the stairs/near the bus
Right, but they would be flat (2D) and so look quite good only from one side. Change your looking perspective and they look like cartoon ads.

Making all of them 3D would take not only a lot of effort but also frames inside FS session.

Just my 2c.

Best regards,

Rafal

Right, but they would be flat (2D) and so look quite good only from one side. Change your looking perspective and they look like cartoon ads.

Making all of them 3D would take not only a lot of effort but also frames inside FS session.

Just my 2c.

Best regards,

Rafal

Yeah, i guess that's a valid point. Although I'm pretty sure I've seen 2D sprites that would rotate depending on the POV to always face the camera (I think it was in VHHH)? Admittedly they look a bit cartoonish, but it could work as a stop-gap measure until a better way is found. Not sure it would warrant the development time though. Well, in any case, it's good to know that Oliver is at least entertaining the idea :)

I have been in one of those flights. Took close to an hour to get everybody off. Horrible.

You must be kidding. At EDDF we place a lot of 744 or A346 on the apron and it never took longer than 15 minutes to get all the Pax off the aircraft. :blink:

• Developer
You must be kidding. At EDDF we place a lot of 744 or A346 on the apron and it never took longer than 15 minutes to get all the Pax off the aircraft. :blink:

That was EHAM, that is Holland, there they fly with there caravan, that tooks longer for unload. :lol: