Lisbon 2008 Afcad Problems...

Dillon

Just a few things about this awesome scenery: :rolleyes:

1. GA aircraft is currently parking all around the airport in areas only Airliners should be parked at like main and cargo terminals.

2. I'm seeing a Fokker 100 in Korean Air livery at the airport, it that right???

3. AI programming should take into account the static scenery and not park on top of static aircraft. I'm seeing this in a few spots...

I am glade and appreciative you guys did this for FS9. This is once again an outstanding job to say the least... ;)

Just a few things about this awesome scenery: :rolleyes:

1. GA aircraft is currently parking all around the airport in areas only Airliners should be parked at like main and cargo terminals.

2. I'm seeing a Fokker 100 in Korean Air livery at the airport, it that right???

3. AI programming should take into account the static scenery and not park on top of static aircraft. I'm seeing this in a few spots...

I am glade and appreciative you guys did this for FS9. This is once again an outstanding job to say the least... ;)

Hi

I already have an afcad of the scenery with crosswind runways as well. In the "south" configuration, let´s say like that, main runway is 03/21 but the pilot can request 35 for landing as well. Sometimes you can use 35 for take off too, and when winds are really strong, let´s say 300/20 for example, 35 is used more times.

Now, all this is difficult to balance in the afcad because with runway 35 opened for both operations, this runway will have the behaviour of the main landing for take off because it is the closest runway to the apron. So, I decided to close 35 for take off and now all aircrafts are taking off from 03 and 2 or 3 % of the aircrafts are landing on runway 35, which is exactly the behaviour on real life. I didn´t try the "north" configuration yet. It works a little bit different because 17 is only used for take off. Well, you can just change "V" in the afcad. Instead of 35/17 closed for takeoff you assign "closed for landing".

The afcad which came with the scenery has some faults, are no parking assignments and many other little issues. Although I am from Lisbon I don´t know exactly how the airport is right now in terms of parking assignments. So, I used some of them which are used quite often, just for the "A" gates. I have redone taxiways/apronlines completely, I added some parking spots in the D area as well, I modified some names in the taxiways, and a few more things. When ready I will post the afcad here. I will need to wait for the assignments information which will be not easy to collect.

harpsi

That has nothing to do with the Afcad-file, but must be a fault in your traffic program!

• Aerosoft
Hi

I already have an afcad of the scenery with crosswind runways as well. In the "south" configuration, let´s say like that, main runway is 03/21 but the pilot can request 35 for landing as well. Sometimes you can use 35 for take off too, and when winds are really strong, let´s say 300/20 for example, 35 is used more times.

Now, all this is difficult to balance in the afcad because with runway 35 opened for both operations, this runway will have the behaviour of the main landing for take off because it is the closest runway to the apron. So, I decided to close 35 for take off and now all aircrafts are taking off from 03 and 2 or 3 % of the aircrafts are landing on runway 35, which is exactly the behaviour on real life. I didn´t try the "north" configuration yet. It works a little bit different because 17 is only used for take off. Well, you can just change "V" in the afcad. Instead of 35/17 closed for takeoff you assign "closed for landing".

The afcad which came with the scenery has some faults, are no parking assignments and many other little issues. Although I am from Lisbon I don´t know exactly how the airport is right now in terms of parking assignments. So, I used some of them which are used quite often, just for the "A" gates. I have redone taxiways/apronlines completely, I added some parking spots in the D area as well, I modified some names in the taxiways, and a few more things. When ready I will post the afcad here. I will need to wait for the assignments information which will be not easy to collect.

harpsi

Thanks in advance Harpsi!

Thanks in advance Harpsi! I know u can do it!

As well, maybe u can fix afcads for eddf and llbg, so we can finally use rwy 18 together with rwys 07l/r or 25l/r at eddf and make possible to use rwy26 and rwy12/30 at llbg in a same time.

regards

Thanks in advance Harpsi! I know u can do it!

As well, maybe u can fix afcads for eddf and llbg, so we can finally use rwy 18 together with rwys 07l/r or 25l/r at eddf and make possible to use rwy26 and rwy12/30 at llbg in a same time.

regards

Hi

LPPT is almost ready but the parking assignments will be difficult to fil in. I don´t know if somebody can help me on that. Let´s see. Anyway this needs hours of testing looking at a monitor and looking to aircrafts taking off and landing during some time. :lol:

About 18 at EDDF, I am trying some tweaks but you can not avoid landings on 18 which are unreal. Anyway I use 18 together with 25s. About LLBG I have all runways in use as well. I think that you are talking about thet LLBG scenery which I don´t know the name but it is the best available until now. :lol:

harpsi

Anyway I use 18 together with 25s.

without landings on 18?? i´ve never heard from someone, that this problem was managed.

without landings on 18?? i´ve never heard from someone, that this problem was managed.

No, unfortunately you will see some landings on 18 as well. :(

harpsi

Harpsi thanks for your effort on this, you always seem to be around when we need you... :D

Eheh. It is almost ready and I think I found a way to the 2 RET taxiways as well. ;)

harpsi

Eheh. It is almost ready and I think I found a way to the 2 RET taxiways as well. ;)

harpsi

Hi again

Except the issue of the parking spots the afcad is working quite well. I just need to solve one issue. Aircrafts landing on runway 03 are coming to taxiway P via backtrack and I want to force them to Sierra 1 and the RET taxiway after crossing 35. Except these two points, here is the list of what I have done until this moment:

- parking radius according to real life operations (portugal vacc has a pdf file with all these things written)

- tarmac or asphalt taxiways "redesigned" into apron lines like most of the afcad files

- some parking spots were added for GA traffic (D5 to D8); gate B02 added

- runway 17/35 renamed to 35/17 in order to fit with the correct crosswind system ("south" and "north" configurations - 03+35 and 21+17); runway 35/17 closed for take-off (I didn´t test the north config until now, because I am concentrated with 03 and 35 together)

- some parking assignments specially at "A" gates

- diamond technic used at some intersections

I trying to add 2 long taxiways very closed to the main runway to prevent backtracking. I will come to you very soon.

Today I hope I can put the file here for download.

harpsi