Lppt Error After Using Plp Lisbon Scenery, Sinking Ai Traffic

hammer81

Hi All

Just purchased the great Lisbon scenery for FS2004,

I was using the PLP Lisbon scenery before and have removed the scenery before installing the much better Aerosoft addon, How ever I did check Lisbon defualt before installing the scenery and noticed that there were serious mounds/hills on the runways. I then installed the scenery and the user aircraft is 100% fine but the AI traffic has sunk with only a partial of a tail fin visible. The hills on the runway have been fixed. I have a strong feeling that I know what the cause is but I think I might need more of an expert to help me further.

I also remember when installing the PLP scenery that you needed to add a file to replace the existing file in the main FS9/Scenery/eurw/Scenery folder and I was just wondering if anybody has any Idea what the file was for the Lisbon area. And I would be truly greatful to anybody if they could post the file on here so that I could replace the one I had to add with the PLP scenery.

I thank anybody who has the answer very much in advance

Thanks

James

Hi Again

I downloaded the PLP Lisbon scenery again from Avsim and the file I beleive I am looking for is the deffault AP945180.BGL File.

If anyone can pass a copy of this over then you have made my day, I hope.

Thanks Again

James

Me Again

Yes the problem has now been solved,

I thank the two persons who were ever so helpful in getting me a copy of the default BGL file, :rolleyes:

Fantastic

James

Hello everybody!

I've got the same problem, how can I solve it please?

Thanks a lot!

Oolivier

Hi Oolivier,

Explore the 3rd DVD of your FS2004 copy. You'll see there a WinRAR file called MSGAME8. Copy it to anywhere you want ( for example to your desktop ), then decompress it. You'll find there the original AP945180.BGL.

Iouri

Oolivier

If you click on my user name and in send message post my your e-mail address then I can pass you a copy of the file, That is if you find the other process mentioned difficult.

Thanks

James

TAPflyer,

As far as I know PLP also recreates the LPPT airport itself plus all the surrounding terrain.

So, I am sure it is not recommended to be used together with Aerosoft's newest airport production.

Coming back to your question itself, Ultimate Terrain is a separate product from Flight One, so if you don't have it, don't check it.

You should use the 'no mesh' option as the PLP is aimed to be used with PTSIM SRTM mesh.

Hope that helps,

Rafal

Hi all,

got a problem, installed Lisbon last night, and every time I try to fly from RWY03 and get 5-6 miles out, the dreaded CTD occurs.

The first couple of times I got an error window showing g3d.dll fault.

Tried this with LevelD and Airbus(Feelthere) same result. Tried it with no traffic, no change. De-activated LISBON and re-instated Toni Agramonts version.

When this appeared, I had all the airport buildings but the aprons had vanished and were replaced by lovely conditioned lawns. Not practical for maneuvering planes about, albeit the taxiway signs were sticking up out of the grass all over the place. Needless to say, I dumped that one and reverted back to the default version, no good, same effect, CTD 5-6 miles out, this time no error window just the desk top. Uninstalled LISBON and removed/deleted Toni's version but again the same results.

I have done a flight EGGP-EDDW with no problems since, so am pretty sure it has something to do with this scenery installation

Just downloaded LISBON again and will try a new install, see if that cleans the system. I selected the "No mesh" on the first install forgetting I had Toni's version already, dont know if that screwed things up.

Help needed!

JohnT

Hi Alstiff,

Whats all that about?

What is the 3gb patch? and where was it obtained from.

Sorry if I seem ignorant about this, but cannot logically see how flying away from an AES A/P can induce this fault.

Although it is the same G3d.dll error being reported.

I am now at a loss on what to try next, I get the impression that you are of the opinion that there is a connection. Is that so?

What do you suggest, follow the above thread and wait to see if there is a final resolution ?

Or failing all that report to Aerosoft Technical by support ticket?

My apologies for all questions, but to say I'm confused, is to put it mildly.

I have virtually all of Aerosofts scenery installed with nothing like this occurring and it dont help when others say its working fine :-(

Regards JohnT

Me again,

Just booted up with the intent of trying to fly out of LISBON in the opposite direction from the one I have been using.

But prior to start-up noticed this anomaly (See attachments).

Dont know if this points to the problem, any ideas?

Regards JohnT

post-8258-1210626819_thumb.jpg

post-8258-1210626876_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Me again,

Just booted up with the intent of trying to fly out of LISBON in the opposite direction from the one I have been using.

But prior to start-up noticed this anomaly (See attachments).

Dont know if this points to the problem, any ideas?

Regards JohnT

[ Hi lads,

My day for humble pie.

Not sure what I did differently from before. But having done a removal of PPP and all of its folders, re-installed the original ap.......bgl- uninstalled lisbon -removed the remaining folder from the Aerosoft folder-done a defrag-done a registry clean and then re-installed Lisbon.

Eureka it works, no CTD at the point where it constantly occured.

Have since uninstalled it, then installed UT Europe then re-installed Lisbon and all is still OK.

Ah the vagaries of Windows!

Regards All

JohnT