Release: Lisbon 2008

• Aerosoft

Lisbon has a special place in our minds as we have used it so often as starting location for trips to Africa, Azores, South America etc. But what was lacking was a good airport. Now we got one available as Michael Kopatz completed Lisbon 2008. It looks great, has all the features you expect from a scenery released by Aerosoft. A solid aerial picture as ground surface, all objects and buildings and still a framerate that will allow all systems to run it. When you get this one you will get the FSX version (released this summer) for free. It's a solid scenery one of those products that makes you want to stick to FS2004 for a few months more. Of course AES covers it already (version 1.95 or above).

Check out more images on the product page.

lisbon_10.jpg

lisbon_4.jpg

lisbon_11.jpg

lisbon_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
Nice surprise for the weekend! Off to the south..... :D

Also for us, it only became clear to us that we could the release today after lunch. It's now 19:30 and the installer and web people just left for home (and some well deserved R&R). But we really believe that any completed files self combust within 36 hours on our servers if they are not offered to customers (or so I tell our trainees all the time).

Just tell us if there are any problems that are overlooked okay?

Also for us, it only became clear to us that we could the release today after lunch. It's now 19:30 and the installer and web people just left for home (and some well deserved R&R). But we really believe that any completed files self combust within 36 hours on our servers if they are not offered to customers (or so I tell our trainees all the time).

Just tell us if there are any problems that are overlooked okay?

The Airport looks fantastic. Great job. I have detected some issues with AES - for instance in gate A17 (which is pretty narrow) if you ask for refuelling, the truck will run into a bag's trolley that is resting near the gate; if you ask for catering, the front truck will hit the airport concrete column... Pushback AI aircraft run into moving passenger busses. The major problem for me though is that I miss many landmarks in the city of Lisbon - the football stadiums, downtown, S. Jorge's Castle... All of this can be addressed by patches easily I presume. So my first impression is that this is a wonderful product. Thank you very much for your job.

Diogo

• Aerosoft
The Airport looks fantastic. Great job. I have detected some issues with AES - for instance in gate A17 (which is pretty narrow) if you ask for refuelling, the truck will run into a bag's trolley that is resting near the gate; if you ask for catering, the front truck will hit the airport concrete column... Pushback AI aircraft run into moving passenger busses. The major problem for me though is that I miss many landmarks in the city of Lisbon - the football stadiums, downtown, S. Jorge's Castle... All of this can be addressed by patches easily I presume. So my first impression is that this is a wonderful product. Thank you very much for your job.

Diogo

Well the scenery covers the airport most of all. The bridge is such a major object it had to be included, but the project is certainly not intended to cover the full city or the landmarks of the region. Other project might cover that in the future. I'll talk to Oliver about the AES coverage. As the AES files were done before the scenery was released it might need some tweaks.

I have brought my L-10 out of the hangar to celebrate this new scenery!.....there are some AES issues but otherwise the scenery is excellent.

p.s I will be sticking with FS2004 for a lot longer than just a few months btw. ;)

fsscr550.jpg

Tk u very much for this great product Aerosoft!

U made my day a very happy one!

Already bought it! Didnt tried it yet but had to come here and write something.

Maybe in a future near we can have LPPR and LPPD to complete the set of Portugal main airports! :D

Really hope u have a good income with this project to give strength to do others like this.

Cheers

Hi

Truly Fantastic Scenery!!! This one is worth the wait.

No problem with the scenery it's self in terms of any errors but you might a a few people who had the PLP scenery before come your way for help ref my post in the Scenery discussion and support section.

Once again thanks for all the hard work making this splendid Airport.

James

Good job the airport looks fantastic but I have detected some issues with mesh and ai-traffic.

I have the portugal mesh from ptsim and near the old tower this happens...

LPPT_1.JPG

LPPT_2.JPG

I have the world of ai traffic and this happens...

LPPT_3.JPG

LPPT_4.JPG

Does anyone know how to solve these problems?

Tiago

Tiago,

I'm neither from Aerosoft nor the SimWings team, but I have three remarks after watching your screenshots.

1. The wrong parking has nothing to do with the WOAI traffic. It's a matter of AFCAD. Double check if there is no other for LPPT active in your Sim.

2. I'm afraid the PTSIM mesh was not done with SimWings in mind as it's an older product. You may want to disable it.

3. Something's generally wrong with your texture display (graphic card?). The textures on the buildings look really bad.

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi Rafal

I check AFCAD but the problem with ai traffic still keeps.

I don´t think disable PTSIM mesh because for me remains the best available mesh for Portugal.

In screeshots the textures look bad because I take the screenshot in window mode and to post I resize the pictures. While in the game they look much better ;)

Tiago

Hi Mathijs Kok

Sorry stoppen, auch ich entschuldige mich dafür, ein wenig ungeduldig, aber meine eigentliche Problem ist, dass ich kaufte das Szenario von Lissabon und fragte, zu zahlen durch Banküberweisung, aber mein Bankkonto im Namen meiner Mutter, und ich frage mich, ob werden auf Konto meiner Mutter, wie das Konto für das Szenario habe ich bereits gekauft und wollte wissen, wann ich das Szenario, wie lange nach der Überweisung werde ich warten müssen

All the best

João Mourinho

If you prefer the english version scroll down please

Sorry stop, I also apologize for being a little impatient but my real problem is that I bought the scenario of Lisbon and asked to pay through bank transfer, but my bank account is on behalf of my mother and I wonder if will be identified on account of my mother as the account for the scenario I have purchased and already wanted to know when I get the scenario, how long after the bank transfer I'll have to wait

All the best

João Mourinho

I installed lisbon2008 again but this time only with the ultimate terrain europe and without any other scenery our mesh. During the instalation I select the ultimate terrain version but the problem near the old tower still remain and now in the middle of the runway I found a big mountain :blink: Why this happens?

The problem with the ai traffic and parking areas still remain. What kind of AFCAD file I need to solve this?

Tiago

You might be having the problem which many others have had, Also refer to this link

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=17910

I also think this is the wrong place to post for your problem, this is mainly for complements of the Lisbon scenery by users

So check the link or start a new topic

thanks

James

Hello,

First of all congratulations!! Great product, long time waiting from the community!! I've got it!

Tell me something, is it compatible with PTSIM Portugal Terrain (as you have done with Aerosoft Faro 2005)?

What addon is Portugal Mesh that you're talking about? Is the PTSIM Portugal Terrain? Because, if it is, it don´t work for me.... a big mess with the mesh.

At the PTSIM site, there is a little utility that you can download, to use Aerosoft Faro 2005 with PTSIM Portugal Terrain, done exactly by Micheal Koplatz.

Have the same problem as Tiago near the Radar but the aircrafts are at the exact position and the imagens/textures look great.

I´m using PTSIM yes, and as Tiago says is the best scenery of Portugal I know.

Thanks in advance

Antonio Carmona

Lisboa, portugal

Well the scenery covers the airport most of all. The bridge is such a major object it had to be included, but the project is certainly not intended to cover the full city or the landmarks of the region. Other project might cover that in the future. I'll talk to Oliver about the AES coverage. As the AES files were done before the scenery was released it might need some tweaks.

Mathijs, any news on the AES tweaks?

Diogo