Uk2000 Airports

Hi Oliver,

I agree big time here!

I currently own Gatwick Xtreme, Stansted Xtreme, Bristol Xtreme, Glasgow Xtreme, and Edinburgh Xtreme. Not to mention my Visual Flight LCY. Now ask me when was the last time I have actually flown into one of those airports. Well, it's been at least 4 1/2 months. AES has become so important that it is hard to fly to non AESed airports. I paid a lot for those UK2000 seneries not to use them. (not that is your fault, it's my fault) Most of the jetbriges at UK2000 already work. You just have to know which ones to use and slew back and forth to find the right parking spot. Annoying!! But I agree with these guys, a LITE verson should still work. And both Aerosoft and UK2000 will see more sales. Check my file Oliver, I have spent well over USD$200.00 on credits to cover my airports and will happly buy more to cover AES lite for my UK2000 airports. Hell you can even charge 5 credits each! I'll pay it!!!

I say we all head over to UK2000 forums and start pushing Gary till he changes his mind!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Oliver,

I agree big time here!

I currently own Gatwick Xtreme, Stansted Xtreme, Bristol Xtreme, Glasgow Xtreme, and Edinburgh Xtreme. Not to mention my Visual Flight LCY. Now ask me when was the last time I have actually flown into one of those airports. Well, it's been at least 4 1/2 months. AES has become so important that it is hard to fly to non AESed airports. I paid a lot for those UK2000 seneries not to use them. (not that is your fault, it's my fault) Most of the jetbriges at UK2000 already work. You just have to know which ones to use and slew back and forth to find the right parking spot. Annoying!! But I agree with these guys, a LITE verson should still work. And both Aerosoft and UK2000 will see more sales. Check my file Oliver, I have spent well over USD$200.00 on credits to cover my airports and will happly buy more to cover AES lite for my UK2000 airports. Hell you can even charge 5 credits each! I'll pay it!!!

I say we all head over to UK2000 forums and start pushing Gary till he changes his mind!!!

I am one step ahead of you

I am officially boycotting all UK2000 sceneries

I will not buy them until I am assured of their AES coverage

and I wont even think about Heathro Xtreme even if it is a way better scenery that Simwings

The truth is it wont because it has no AES

I am one step ahead of you.

I am officially boycotting all UK2000 sceneries

I will not buy them until I am assured of their AES coverage

and I wont even think about Heathro Xtreme even if it is a way better scenery that Simwings

The truth is it wont because it has no AES

Well for me, if Gary doesn't cooperate with Oliver, then Belfast Intl. will be the last UK2000 product I will purchase. I don't care how good their Heathrow is going to be. I already have the Simwings version and am quite happy with that. Gary is making a big deal that AES is not "realistic" enough because UK airports use different vehicles. If Oliver can do A Japanese AES (which is a total breakthrough) i am quite sure he can do a UK AES with correct vehicles and colors and accents. And I am sure sales of Overland airports (which I also have) and AES have already seen sales ROCKET due to 1.97 release.

$00.02

It would appear to me that AES has sounded the death knell for future UK2000 FS9 airport support. :mellow:

So I say to other developers the UK (bar EGLL) is wide open. :)

I find it mildly amusing that while Aerosoft would love to kick FS9 into touch...their own product blows away anything FSX can produce at the moment. :D

It would appear to me that AES has sounded the death knell for future UK2000 FS9 airport support. :mellow:
yes it has

until I see aes for these airports I agree

I will not purchase them

As FS9 comes to a close (I haven't heard anything about fs11 and I certantly am not going to use X in the time being)

I will just use the airports that are readily available for AES

on a brighter note

the biggest and most anticipated scenery (at least for me) is going to be released very shortly

KJFK from FSdreamteam Is nearly complete

just look at the screenshots... It will be available for FS9 and X and will feature AES support in FS9 It is a real shame that UK200 airports are not AES compatible however there are plenty of other airports that have the same quality and AES support

speaking of FSdreamteam their next project after JFK is DFW which will also be for both sims and should hopefully feature AES (I don't see why not because look at their history) but you never know

So I say to other developers the UK (bar EGLL) is wide open. :)

I am ready for anything UK related that has AES support

I think that they are just being stubborn over there. Has HE ever tried AES <_<:angry: :angry:

I find it mildly amusing that while Aerosoft would love to kick FS9 into touch...their own product blows away anything FSX can produce at the moment. :D
lol

I have those too *sigh*.

Garry won't change his mind - read his forums and he's pretty adamant. It's a shame, and I also think UK2000 is going to be FSX-only shortly, but what with the cost of fuel, food and whatnot, I shall have to stick with FS9 and my non-AES UK sceneries until I can afford FSX, add memory to my PC, change the videocard and see which of my add-ons have free upgrades.

'twas ever thus...

i too agree and would love to see UK2000 airports having AES but if not I would readily buy someone else's scenery if that is AES covered, especially if someone did Manchester *hint* lol

You're right, Ed; FS9 with AES is still the best choice for airliner simmers. Flying into Aerosoft's EGLL with AES support and a full load of WOAI parked at the gates is a fantastic experience (and no OOM's for me, knock simulated wood). It's a shame that the parties involved couldn't work out a solution for the UK2000 airports.

Yesterday I bought one of the Overland packages for Japan because of the added AES support. Looks like I'll be getting a few more, too.

John G.

KTUS

I agree that AES would enhance Garys scenery so much more. I have just purchased Birmingham Extreme and it just isn't the same arriving on stand with no activity. Has nothing more been mentioned on the possibility of a Lite version? It would be such a shame for UK2000 to lose business on a fantastic series of sceneries over Garys firm stance on not using AES. I think most simmers now only fly to AES'd airports as these are the more realistic ones, I mostly fly from Simwings Heathrow but only because of the AES facility.

I agree that AES would enhance Garys scenery so much more. I have just purchased Birmingham Extreme and it just isn't the same arriving on stand with no activity. Has nothing more been mentioned on the possibility of a Lite version? It would be such a shame for UK2000 to lose business on a fantastic series of sceneries over Garys firm stance on not using AES. I think most simmers now only fly to AES'd airports as these are the more realistic ones, I mostly fly from Simwings Heathrow but only because of the AES facility.

Same here! And I really want to buy that Birmingham Extreme airport. The quality is awesome! But as of Jan08 I am not buying anymore non AESable airports. Period! Except Belfast Intl. Belfast intl is the only European airport left that is not a current senery that I have personally flown into.

AHHHHHHH!!! AHHHHH!!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!! AAAHHH!!!!!!

YES!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!!!!

Thank you Gary!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! Oliver!!! You are the best!!!!! God Bless AES the the wonderful devlopers of this wonderful tool as well as the guys at UK2000!!!!!

Gary! I am happy to say that we are back in business! Oliver, you are going to make me bankrupt over this bloody AES!!!

Again,

Thank you! ;)

EDIT: We should contact Gary and thank him as well. I already did. We all complained, well most of us anyway. We should all now show grattitude. Yes? support1@uk2000scenery.com

This is really wonderful! Uk2000 is one of my favorite airport designer, they're simply so great and realistic, i've bought two of their sceneries but i never fly to them simply because im so used to aes and i really can't fly to an airport non-aes supported.

Same here! And I really want to buy that Birmingham Extreme airport. The quality is awesome! But as of Jan08 I am not buying anymore non AESable airports. Period! Except Belfast Intl. Belfast intl is the only European airport left that is not a current senery that I have personally flown into.

Wise decision ;-)

:) Super.... top nice

I am most excited for Manchester EGCC personally but this is just great news in general.

Thanks to Oliver and Gary for working things out.

Fabulous!

-Paul

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW, incase you didn't get that i'm pretty excited about this one. Thank you so much Oliver and Gary, glad you could solve the differences and supply us with this amazing project at the amazing UK2000 series.

A wise move Gary, now you will see more people buying UK2000 airports.... :rolleyes: me including. I can only hope that Blueprints will see the day for the same sales tactic like Gary did ^_^

Very thanks to both Gary and Oliver... Keep up the good work guys.

//Frank