Uk2000 Airports

Hello Oliver,

Just an idea. Is it possible to get a cut down version of AES for airports like Gatwick Extreme? ...and other Extreme airports (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stansted, Bristol)?

That is just a functioning pushback (no moving gates). Because these airports are really well made but desperately need AES pushback IMHO.

I know the way Gary made his airports does not lend itself to AES....but does this affect the pushback.?

I am sure I speak for lots of simmers when I ask....no beg...for pushback at UK2000 Extremes. :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger that Oliver, well I may give him a little prod then. B)

hi ED , how about you give us some og yours 737 panels and maybe well see about that UK2000 aurports. Maybe I can make a few phone calls, or this only regards other product and not yours <_<

Hello again Oliver,

It would appear Gary is not adverse to a cut down AES support as long as it does not include the Gates/docking system.

This is exactly what I would like. I think the UK2000 extremes only need pushback and maybe followme van ...but not moving gates, docking system ...or even GSU's.

This is the thread I started at their forum: http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=3012.0

AES pushback just adds soooo much. I'll happily pay for it. B)

If Gary doesn't mind using AES as long as it doesn't affect the scenery, then surely all ground feautures could be used except stands with active docking. So for example stands with active docking just have pushback feature, but all the others have everything including steps for boarding as the jetway won't move. Bristol and all remote stands throughout the Xtreme series could also use all the features??

Hello Oliver,

Just an idea. Is it possible to get a cut down version of AES for airports like Gatwick Extreme? ...and other Extreme airports (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stansted, Bristol)?

That is just a functioning pushback (no moving gates). Because these airports are really well made but desperately need AES pushback IMHO.

I know the way Gary made his airports does not lend itself to AES....but does this affect the pushback.?

I am sure I speak for lots of simmers when I ask....no beg...for pushback at UK2000 Extremes. :(

Happy to add those to my AES without the docking better as nothing at all....

Happy to add those to my AES without the docking better as nothing at all....

I find it hard to disagree with Mr. AWF and Mr. Cox.

I too would settle for just the pushback feature.....

Indeed would be great to add the UK2000 airports...

Apart from the pushback, I would also like to have stairs, busses etc.. there are so many nice ramp spots where you can park and in this way we would have the full AES services..

Please !!

Dick :rolleyes:

• Developer

Hi,

at the moment I am not willing to make a "lite" AES implementation without the jetways, because this will generate a lot of Support request, when the people ask, why the jetways don't move. The never read the manuals.

Hi,

at the moment I am not willing to make a "lite" AES implementation without the jetways, because this will generate a lot of Support request, when the people ask, why the jetways don't move. The never read the manuals.

Hello Oliver, I totally understand where you are coming from, but please I urge you to reconsider this for us hardened simmers.

Your pushback feature is certainly not eye candy...... it is essential IMHO.

Just have at the top in bold of the FAQ for AES: Jetways do not move because blah blah. And that's it.

It does not have to generate lots of support request as these people will be fastracked to the FAQ.

It is a lovely day here in London ....I hope it is to whereever you are...and the sun may warm your heart. :D

Hello Oliver, I totally understand where you are coming from, but please I urge you to reconsider this for us hardened simmers.

Your pushback feature is certainly not eye candy...... it is essential IMHO.

Just have at the top in bold of the FAQ for AES: Jetways do not move because blah blah. And that's it.

It does not have to generate lots of support request as these people will be fastracked to the FAQ.

It is a lovely day here in London ....I hope it is to whereever you are...and the sun may warm your heart. :D

I agree Ed. Olivers AES has totally changed the way I fly. I let AES worry about the pushback and I just get the engines started and do my after start checklist (and I even wave at the gorund guy, how pathetic am I?).

It something I miss when I'm not flying at an AES airport.

... Just have at the top in bold of the FAQ for AES: Jetways do not move because blah blah. And that's it.

Ed,

No, that's not it - either. People sadly don't read manuals, FAQs, pinned posts etc. Nowhere.

IMHO this problem lies at the feet of Gary S. - and it has been there for a long time. But since he won't budge I made my decision a long time ago - no more UK2000 products for me - :(

Ed,

No, that's not it - either. People sadly don't read manuals, FAQs, pinned posts etc. Nowhere.

IMHO this problem lies at the feet of Gary S. - and it has been there for a long time. But since he won't budge I made my decision a long time ago - no more UK2000 products for me - :(

SD ...your post does not help! :angry:

I know all about "people" who do not read manuals FAQ's etc. We have enough of them at the POSKy forums where our new XML for model animations has caused many problems.

I am not concerned with "people". I am concerned about true simmers who like myself are prepared to learn, love and enjoy aircraft like the Project Tupolev TU-154. B)

A simple FAQ will take care of them in the end (as well as a strict forum)

Gary has explained why UK2000 sceneries will not work with AES moving gates/docking systems.....because of the way he makes the sceneries.

Gary has done some incredible work for FS and I'm sure has done it the best he can. I am a grown man and not about to throw my dummy out of the pram because Gary will not/cannot change his designing methods.

It took me some time to get into AES as I thought initially it was eyecandy. After trying it I am definitely hooked because of one feature especially which I certainly do not consider eyecandy........Pushback.

As an avid simmer I kindly ask for a AES pushback at UK2000 Extreme Airports on behalf of I know many serious simmers.....if you have time Oliver. :)

It took me some time to get into AES as I thought initially it was eyecandy. After trying it I am definitely hooked because of one feature especially which I certainly do not consider eyecandy........Pushback.

As an avid simmer I kindly ask for a AES pushback at UK2000 Extreme Airports on behalf of I know many serious simmers.....if you have time Oliver. :)

And AES pushback at Swedflights airports..please please. The pushback feature of AES is just fantastic! to fantastic and realistic to live without..

/Niclas

SD ...your post does not help! :angry:

I know all about "people" who do not read manuals FAQ's etc. We have enough of them at the POSKy forums where our new XML for model animations has caused many problems.

I am not concerned with "people". I am concerned about true simmers who like myself are prepared to learn, love and enjoy aircraft like the Project Tupolev TU-154. B)

A simple FAQ will take care of them in the end (as well as a strict forum)

Gary has explained why UK2000 sceneries will not work with AES moving gates/docking systems.....because of the way he makes the sceneries.

Gary has done some incredible work for FS and I'm sure has done it the best he can. I am a grown man and not about to throw my dummy out of the pram because Gary will not/cannot change his designing methods.

I have been keeping a close eye on the UK2000 sceneries for a while now and the only reason I don't have any of them was because of their anti-AES stance and sentiments expressed at the initial onset of requests for AES at their sceneries. It seems that both sides have now conceeded their hard stances a little and us simmers for the first time have the possibility of enjoying AES and UK2000 together.

I agree with ED that you (Oliver) can save yourself a lot of time and trouble by putting a FAQ sticky at the top of this forum with answers to the Active Cam and other questions including the inevitable UK2000 moving gates question :rolleyes: . With the FAQ sticky in place you no longer have to answer those support questions as other forum members (myself included) would gladly point out the FAQ to whoever needs the help or support.

Oliver I know you often go the extra mile to satisfy us customers with our needy needs and countless nitpicking (and we very much appreciate it) but we beg you to please reconsider this one. I'll even be your official "Active Cam/UK2000 gates" question answerer :blink: if that's your only problem with working with the UK2000 sceneries.

PS- Edetroit please include your reverser effects (rain/snow) on the upcoming 777 series over at POSKY :D .

I have been keeping a close eye on the UK2000 sceneries for a while now and the only reason I don't have any of them was because of their anti-AES stance and sentiments expressed at the initial onset of requests for AES at their sceneries. It seems that both sides have now conceeded their hard stances a little and us simmers for the first time have the possibility of enjoying AES and UK2000 together.

I agree with ED that you (Oliver) can save yourself a lot of time and trouble by putting a FAQ sticky at the top of this forum with answers to the Active Cam and other questions including the inevitable UK2000 moving gates question :rolleyes: . With the FAQ sticky in place you no longer have to answer those support questions as other forum members (myself included) would gladly point out the FAQ to whoever needs the help or support.

Oliver I know you often go the extra mile to satisfy us customers with our needy needs and countless nitpicking (and we very much appreciate it) but we beg you to please reconsider this one. I'll even be your official "Active Cam/UK2000 gates" question answerer :blink: if that's your only problem with working with the UK2000 sceneries.

PS- Edetroit please include your reverser effects (rain/snow) on the upcoming 777 series over at POSKY :D .

I will include it ...and more Andre. ;)

Hi,

Oliver.. can't you make a clear note in the control/shift/W menu... put it clearly in there that at this airport the gates don't move...and even tell them to read manuals for more info.

How many support request have you had because the fuel trucks don't deliver fuel ?

It would be really a pity that we loose out because "some" people don't read manuals !

Please !

Dick

Hi,

Oliver please be a bit open minded here for the AES addicts why not in the gui with red bold letters that the UK2000

airports don't have that jetways functionality and after activation of the airport a pop up message with a user confirmation ;)

Hence I have 5 UK2000 airports and it would be great addition to those ;-)

Hope you will re-consider hence I will buy extra credits too...

Cheers,

André

• 1 month later...

Oliver,

Did you changed your mind about making a AES "Lite" version so we could have pushback and service vehicles at Swedflight and UK2000 airports? I know the official statement of these airports but me and many others are ready with our creditcards to buy more credits ;).. so maybe you could reconsider

Best regards

Niclas

• 1 month later...

WTF is going up here?

The publishers of UK2000 and AES are standing much childlike!

We are a big community and not a factory with worldwide acceptance.

Get low and sit together please.. :(