Heathrow Gate 301?

James Andrews

I recently flew VS008 (LAX-LHR) to my surprise it was a 747, we landed at taxied to gate 301. When i got home i went looking for gate 301, and to my surprise i couldn't fine it?

Does anybody know where it is?

James Andrews

post-17456-1209919965_thumb.jpg

yeah its not there on aerosoft EGLL....and even i have a question somewhat similar to this....actually i wanted to know why i dont get assigned a correct gate for the specific airliner for example if i flew in to aerosoft heathrow in any airliner like United Airlines im sure its supposed to be assigned a gate near where others are parked around those terminal 3 areas even if there is a gate unoccupied....but im always assigned a gate 125 or 151 .....i dont understand this and i dont like this...please do let me know what can i do to prevent this....i soo wanna park at the right gate....! ...i would appreciate any help into this thank you!

Hi,

I have the same problem and the best answer i got from aerosoft was to get some softwar and change it my self. They make the product, and they should be able to correct this problem. I find them to be extremly lazy in the forums & cut corners in finishing the products.

They should do this them selves not get us "the paying customers" to do it!

James

that seems pretty bad then! whats the point of support forum when we gotta everything ourselves....! and i totally agree we payed for the product ....didnt steal it.....so we have the right to ask for support from them....! i dont mind changing it myself from AFCAD tool but still this means their product EGLL is still incomplete .......

Hi all

When Heathrow from simwings was designed, the real gate 301 was also not there at this time. That's the reason why you'll not find it in the scenery. Maybe we'll add it in a additional patch.

The reason, why you not will be assigned to a airline-specific gate is, that Flight Simulator can give this assignements to AI-Aircraft's only. This happens on every Airport in Flight Simulator and it is not a problem of sim-wing's Heathrow. If you vacate the runway, Flight Simulator will check only, which wing-span your aircraft have and for which Gate type it is specified (GATE, RAMP....). Then he search for the nearest free Parking-Gate with this specifications. It never check your Airline. That's a great pity indeed!

Hope that helps...

Best regards, Mike

Hi all

When Heathrow from simwings was designed, the real gate 301 was also not there at this time. That's the reason why you'll not find it in the scenery. Maybe we'll add it in a additional patch.

The reason, why you not will be assigned to a airline-specific gate is, that Flight Simulator can give this assignements to AI-Aircraft's only. This happens on every Airport in Flight Simulator and it is not a problem of sim-wing's Heathrow. If you vacate the runway, Flight Simulator will check only, which wing-span your aircraft have and for which Gate type it is specified (GATE, RAMP....). Then he search for the nearest free Parking-Gate with this specifications. It never check your Airline. That's a great pity indeed!

Hope that helps...

Best regards, Mike

If you go into your aircraft cfg and add a parking assignment line for the airline texture, FS will assign you a correct parking stand. ;)

For example all of my aircraft textures for American Airlines have the following lines

atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP

atc_parking_codes=AAL

and if there are American stands avalible FS assigns me one. B)

If you go into your aircraft cfg and add a parking assignment line for the airline texture, FS will assign you a correct parking stand. ;)
I'm not so sure about that, Cris.

I always make sure I have the right parking code in my aircraft.cfg.

And yet the default ATC will drop me to various terminals, gates and stands.

Best regards,

Rafal

Best regards,

Rafal

Of course the airport has to have the parking stands assigned in the AFCAD and there has to be an open stand, other wise FS will assign any open stand.

Best regards,

Rafal

yup same problem here.....i always have correct parking codes in my cfg's as well but makes no difference at heathrow !

Sorry, but you're wrong. You can add airline assignements to your own aircraft so many as you want, but Flight Simulator will does'nt read it. FS can only read out the Airline-assignement of AI-Aircrafts as I wrote above! Only the aircraft-radius and the gate type of your own Aircraft are regarded. This is a fact, not a guess!

So it makes absolutely no sense to add airline-assignements into the aircraft.cfg of your own aircraft! You can do it indeed, but it will takes no effekt.

Aerosoft/simwing's Heathrow has all assigned stands how they are in real. But FS-ATC will ever assign you to the nearest stand with the corresponding radius of your aircraft and the same gate-type (GATE, RAMP, CARGO...), which is assigned in the aircraft.cfg too. But your airline will be ignored.

Best regards, Mike

Sorry, but you're wrong. You can add airline assignements to your own aircraft so many as you want, but Flight Simulator will does'nt read it. FS can only read out the Airline-assignement of AI-Aircrafts as I wrote above! Only the aircraft-radius and the gate type of your own Aircraft are regarded. This is a fact, not a guess!

So it makes absolutely no sense to add airline-assignements into the aircraft.cfg of your own aircraft! You can do it indeed, but it will takes no effekt.

Aerosoft/simwing's Heathrow has all assigned stands how they are in real. But FS-ATC will ever assign you to the nearest stand with the corresponding radius of your aircraft and the same gate-type (GATE, RAMP, CARGO...), which is assigned in the aircraft.cfg too. But your airline will be ignored.

Best regards, Mike

Well, I guess I stand corrected.

I was just going on info that I got over at the FS insider site, awhile back. (Aces and Microsoft fibbing again) :angry:

Must have just been getting some lucky breaks from the in game ATC. :)

Oh well, you learn something new every day.

Thanks for the info Mike, :)

Best reagards

Best regards, Mike

Hi,

can you point me to a place where that is documented, because I cannot agree with what your saying. From experience I get a diffrent gate if I land as a BAW or a DLH at nearly the same time. And most of the time the Gate is correct.

Regards

Markus

Hi,

can you point me to a place where that is documented, because I cannot agree with what your saying. From experience I get a diffrent gate if I land as a BAW or a DLH at nearly the same time. And most of the time the Gate is correct.

Hi Markus

What do you want to hear? Heatrow is fully assigned with all main Airlines which flying to Heathrow! The different gate assignements of FS ATC is possible, if you fly another airplane (size), or when the gate was not free, or you vacated the runway on a different exit, so ATC assign you to the nearest free gate, which complies the requirements for the specific flown aircraft. I cannot point you to a documentation. This is based on my 20years old experience with Flight Simulator and many years of developing AFCAD-files and was written for sure many times anywhere in many related Forums.

But, believe what you want. Heathrow is fully assigned. The problem which you have (and we all other users too indeed!) is not based on this Addon, so I can't help you more then this. It's a old, known problem of Flight Simulator. Sorry. :(

Hi Markus

What do you want to hear? Heatrow is fully assigned with all main Airlines which flying to Heathrow! The different gate assignements of FS ATC is possible, if you fly another airplane (size), or when the gate was not free, or you vacated the runway on a different exit, so ATC assign you to the nearest free gate, which complies the requirements for the specific flown aircraft. I cannot point you to a documentation. This is based on my 20years old experience with Flight Simulator and many years of developing AFCAD-files and was written for sure many times anywhere in many related Forums.

But, believe what you want. Heathrow is fully assigned. The problem which you have (and we all other users too indeed!) is not based on this Addon, so I can't help you more then this. It's a old, known problem of Flight Simulator. Sorry. :(

Sorry, I didn't want to upset you with what I wrote.

What I wanted to hear was if this is documented somewhere in a SDK or something. You answered that. Thank you.

I am not complaining about the AFCAD file at EGLL nor about the scenery itself. I like it a lot. :)

well guys the things is that...is there a solution to this problem or no? even with AFCAD modifications ...or not? that what matters really....if there isn't any i would say this scenery addon kills the whole reality experience of EGLL!....

@Markus:

Ok, easy, no problem! No, I don't believe, that this is written anywhere in the SDK, but I'm not sure about this.

@glasswings21:

Again: it's NOT a Problem of Heathrow2008 but one of Flight Simulator. If you say, "this scenery Addon kills the whole EGGL-experience", then you're not fair! This happens on every Airport, default or Addon (but the default Airports have no Airline-assignements anyway...). The airline-assignements in the AFCAD-file takes only effect to the AI Aircrafts. And no, there is no solution for this.

But you can try the following: Open the AFCAD- or AFX-Tool, load EGLL and set your prefered Parking stand(s) to the highest priority in the same radius category. With this work-around you'll get a good or at least better chance, to be assigned to this stand(s). If this stands are occupied anyway, you will be assigned again to the next nearest possible stand. And again again ( ;)) : it's a Flight Simulator Problem, not one of Heathrow2008!!

@all: Do you use Heathrow with FSX or also with FS9?

Best regards, Mike

im using my heathrow with FS9 and i have uninstalled my FSX due to bad fps these days ....till i get my new graphics adapter....so im pretty much with my FS9 and i love it.!