Imaginesim Katl

Ummmmmmm......Is Oliver on a well deserved vacation? I haven't seen a post by him in awhile now. Usually he's everywhere at once.

Okay. Oliver, when you get back, I'm here wheedling again. :blink:

ImagineSim is just about to release their new scenery for Atlanta. Sometime in May, they say. I expect it will be on a par, if not superior, to their other products which have been delightful.

So, of course, the question is: when will AES make it even better?? Is that planned....I didn't see anything in the update at the top there. Only took a week after FSDT popped KORD out the door.

• 3 weeks later...
Oliver,

Hope you can get this one out as soon as you can. We can really use an AES'ed KATL pronto!! :o

I wanted to add my vote for this one...

Funnily enough I am ready for another credit pack ;)

Me too. I've bought KATL yesterday and it is awesome. That's going to be my new starting point since it is central to just about everywhere in the US.

I am definately ready to see this airport with AES.

Oliver,

Thought maybe we would have heard from you by now on this thread. Can you comment on if you have a copy and are working on KATL? Thanks.

Hello Oliver,

In addition to KATL it seems to me that I had read somewhere ImagineSim had not yet sent you their MYNN Nassau scenery for conversion to AES compatibility.

I sent an email to their support department asking their plans for MYNN's AES. I received a nice email from them stating they had sent it you and are not sure what your plans are.

If you do have the scenery are you planning to make it AES compliant? If you don't have it I would be happy to send a request to ImagineSim on your behalf as I know you have many things keeping you busy...

It would be great if you can fit it into your schedule; just let me know if you would like some help with communications...

Kind regards,

-Russ

Wow!! ImagineSim says they're going to release a scenery in May, 2008 and they actually do it.

That's pretty impressive, I'd say.

You're too easily impressed Mike... ;)

From their own news roll:

17 Oct 07 - "Estimated Jan 08"

15 Nov 07 - "Pushed to Feb/Mar 08"

06 Feb 08 - "Mar 08 doubtful, some 4 to 6 additional weeks"

25 Mar 08 - "Hopefully in Apr 08"

But then again - if the end result is good, who really cares :D

To be fair now, they missed at least a month

...and they also missed at least 9 or 10 gates that I counted.

But that's OK - I have waited for more than 8 years since initial release of Simflyers ATL for FS2000.

But that's OK - I have waited for more than 8 years since initial release of Simflyers ATL for FS2000.

Poor SimFlyers. Those guys were artists. Their scenery is so pretty. I've seen some stuff in their sceneries I haven't seen in anyone else's. But the agony to that ecstacy is that it will never have AES (^*#^@%!) so that leaves Las Vegas and Phoenix sitting there like the proverbial bird in the gilded cage. :(

Poor SimFlyers. Those guys were artists.

Why "those guys" and not "these guys". Cal Lewin is fully responsible for both old Simflyers KATL and new Imaginesim KATL.

Why "those guys" and not "these guys". Cal Lewin is fully responsible for both old Simflyers KATL and new Imaginesim KATL.

See, I knew nothing of this. You larns sumpin new ever day, I guess.

I never had the SimFlyers KATL, just PHX and LAS. I also never was able to correspond with anybody from SimFlyers other than a guy named Wolfgang who was somewhat less than helpful. I suppose I should have read the credits or guessed that people with that kind of talent and ability would not go quietly and would probably pop up some other place.

Too bad Cal can't do anything about making PHX and LAS available for AES. Yeah, I know............I know.

I hope that ImagineSim will develop Las Vegas or Houston because there will be a freeware-version of PHX and LAS in top quality !!

We will see!!!

I hope that ImagineSim will develop Las Vegas or Houston because there will be a freeware-version of PHX and LAS in top quality !!

We will see!!!

Imaginsime bow decides between VHHH and KIAD. I hope it's gonna be KIAD - the amount of international traffic here now is comparable with JFK.

But BluePrint also has a KIAD scenery ! And VHHH will be developed by Cloud9 !!!

Blueprint, if I remember correctly, has been examined and found (ahem) wanting by Oliver.