Madrid Barajas 2008

romeocharlie

Hello all - I have excitedly purchased and downloaded the new Madrid scenery.

Strangely though, it is causing the sim to CTD. I say IT is the cause, of course it could be any number of interactions with the sim.

Notably, I also use Active Sky 6 - when I use the 'refresh AI' feature after weather load - that seems to bring on the CTD.

Without doing that, the sim crashes after about a minute of being at LEMD.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Rob

I've in part answered my own question - it seems to be down to either Iberia or Air Nostrum AI traffic - all other Spanish carrier flightplans are working okay.

It's a shame - as using either IAITP or FS Alliance winter 2007 plans seems to trigger a CTD. Guess I'll have to hope that Alpha India release Iberia Summer 08 plans soon...

Rob

I've in part answered my own question - it seems to be down to either Iberia or Air Nostrum AI traffic - all other Spanish carrier flightplans are working okay.

It's a shame - as using either IAITP or FS Alliance winter 2007 plans seems to trigger a CTD. Guess I'll have to hope that Alpha India release Iberia Summer 08 plans soon...

Rob

Hi Rob

Yes I had the CTD at Barcelona and after rigorous searching and tests I found the issues was with the Air Nostrum Dash Aircraft Textures, I had the one supplied by WOAI, Notice they have a few errors nowadays with both installaion and bad textures.

Nightmare for us guys attempting to track the faults.

Cheers

James

Sadly, still getting a CTD - despite going through AI aircraft.cfgs, checking AI texture size, even reducing the number of AI traffic bgls I have.

However, instead of the CTD occurring after adding Iberia or Air Nostrum AI or when I adjust the percentage of AI traffic, it now happens when changing the time! Weird, I know, but I'm stumped as to why this is happening.

If anyone from Aerosoft/Sim-wings can help with troubleshooting, I'd be obliged as I want to enjoy my favourite real-world country!

Rob

Hi,

I am getting a CTD when exiting the runway after landing. Strange, but it happened twice in a row when doing a flight EGLL-LEMD. atc.dll is the culprit...

I checked AFCADs, .dll's and whatnot and all seems to be in order. Also, I have disabled FS ATC in FSUIPC .ini file. I am doing another flight right now with different aircraft from a different airport. Will report back...

BTW, when searching for CTD's caused by atc.dll on different forums, I found all sorts of suggestions, ranging from that being a MS bug to multiple AFCADs, bad textures and such.

Regards,

Jure

First time I've heard of atc.dll causing a CTD - I will have to check it out. I'm fairly certain now it's not AI traffic or a dodgy AI texture file, but I'm not ruling it out.

It's definitely not a duplicate AFCAD as I've run ScanAFD and it's not picking up any duplicates.

Rob

Rob,

well, I made it to LEMD without mishap this time. I don't mind at all, but it's strange. Last two times with CTD I flew the RFP B742, today, the PMDG B737-700.

As I said, FS9 went poof at exactly the same spot both times, that's why it got my attention.

And to be accurate, it wasn't exactly a CTD, but rather a black screen and after a few seconds the (in)famous message informing me that FS9 has encountered a problem. I've had maybe three atc.dll crashes in my whole FS "career" which is now over 3000 hours.

Whatever it is, it is not an AI texture related problem; not on my machine anyway. I am quite certain of that.

Jure

Well, had another go this morning. Same thing. AI loads fine now, but then the dreaded CTD occurs if I try to change the time (ie, a couple of hours back).

The crash report stated the problem occurred in ntdll.dll - anyone knows what this does?

Am I looking at an XP reinstall or an FS9 reinstall (either way, where the hell did I put the CD-ROMs?!!)

Sorry to be a pain

Rob

Well, had another go this morning. Same thing. AI loads fine now, but then the dreaded CTD occurs if I try to change the time (ie, a couple of hours back).

The crash report stated the problem occurred in ntdll.dll - anyone knows what this does?

Am I looking at an XP reinstall or an FS9 reinstall (either way, where the hell did I put the CD-ROMs?!!)

Sorry to be a pain

Rob

Not sure what AI you are using but I had major problems with the Spanair traffic apart from the ones you mentioned.

Make sure you try that one also as its a major part of the scenery.

Not sure what AI you are using but I had major problems with the Spanair traffic apart from the ones you mentioned.

Make sure you try that one also as its a major part of the scenery.

I had it too. I was lucky enough to quickly localize the "bastard". It was a WOAI EVAI A320-200 Spanair texture, EC-IIZ or EC-JJD. Anyway there was only one 38bit BMP (4MB) there. After converting it into DXT3 the problem is solved.

Iouri

I had it too. I was lucky enough to quickly localize the "bastard". It was a WOAI EVAI A320-200 Spanair texture, EC-IIZ or EC-JJD. Anyway there was only one 38bit BMP (4MB) there. After converting it into DXT3 the problem is solved.

Iouri

I can positively confirm it is EC-IIZ.

As far as the Air Nostrum Traffic from WOAI, the ATR has a 32 bit night texture, which I just converted to DXT3. I checked the other Air Nostrum and Spanair textures and they seem to be fine. Let's see how this goes.

Thanks for all the suggestions chaps - have gone through the Spanair textures - found one 4MB 32-bit texture I have converted to DXT3.

Will check the ATR too.

Still got a CTD today - albeit after loading 90% traffic - but without a 'restart FS9' box...

Curiouser and curiouser

Rob

It was a WOAI EVAI A320-200 Spanair texture, EC-IIZ or EC-JJD. Anyway there was only one 38bit BMP (4MB) there. After converting it into DXT3 the problem is solved.

There is one of the Evolve AI A320 textures which causes problems and FS will close. It is already a known problem.

harpsi

Hi Shaun - yep, that's still my belief - I've just got to find the right combination of AI to create a consistent CTD.

Either that, or I wait for Alpha-India to release Su08 flightplans for all Madrid-based airlines...

Rob

Thanks to everyone for their help - tests this morning with 15%, 75% and then 90% traffic failed to bring on a CTD. Nor did changing the local time, or location on the airport.

I'm fairly sure after going through Air Nostrum ATR textures, one of those was at fault.

So many thanks again for all your advice and suggestions.

Rob

Just FYI, from my experience a bad texture will always result in a fe.dll CTD. If it's not fe.dll that's crashing, it's not an AI texture that's at the root of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody

I have no AI traffic in my FS2004. When I fly offline, I have no problem with Madrid 2008, but when I try to fly connected to IVAO (I'm not a VATSIM user, I don't know if when conected in VATSIM occurs the same), after some minutes, about 10 or 15, not the same always, I have a PC restart. The screen goes blue and after some seconds (2 or 3) the PC restart. Ican't read what kind of message shows this blue screen because I have not enough time to read it.

Hi all,

Well I downloaded and installed this scenery yesterday and have since had non stop CTD's.

Everthing works fine on taxi and take-off (RWY 03) FTM SID and just as I climb from 3000 up to 7000, bang, CTD every time.

I did have the freeware PPP scenery installed but did not remember and hence ticked the no 3rd party mesh box on installation.

Have since de-activated that scenery(PPP) but no change- then I de-activated the LISBON and re-instated the PPP one, but now find I have no apron textures.

All the airport buildings show, but they are in nice green grass fields, with taxiway signs springing up all around. Pleasent view but not practical for plane movements :-)

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

JohnT

Sorry folks, wrong thread - the above is in reference to LISBON scenery :-(

Hi all,

Well I downloaded and installed this scenery yesterday and have since had non stop CTD's.

Everthing works fine on taxi and take-off (RWY 03) FTM SID and just as I climb from 3000 up to 7000, bang, CTD every time.

I did have the freeware PPP scenery installed but did not remember and hence ticked the no 3rd party mesh box on installation.

Have since de-activated that scenery(PPP) but no change- then I de-activated the LISBON and re-instated the PPP one, but now find I have no apron textures.

All the airport buildings show, but they are in nice green grass fields, with taxiway signs springing up all around. Pleasent view but not practical for plane movements :-)

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

JohnT

Sorry folks, wrong thread - the above is in reference to LISBON scenery :-(

• 5 months later...
Just FYI, from my experience a bad texture will always result in a fe.dll CTD. If it's not fe.dll that's crashing, it's not an AI texture that's at the root of the problem.

Hello fellow simmers,

I read this post, it is quite overhere, but i still had the CTD at LEMD, with various .bgl files who caused the crash, now reading all the posts i disabled Air Nostrum from the AI file, i have all my traffic from WOAI and no crashes anymore.

i would like to share this mayby we can help you people.

Peter