Madrid 2008 Afcad

_Dre_

I just wanted to say that I think MZBS' original two afcads that come with the scenery are fantastic if you are looking for the real life LEMD operations.

As you already know - I agree 100%

I now consider this my second favourite airport scenery as, in my opinion, it has scored perfect marks in every aspect in what I look for in a commercial scenery; looks, framerates, versatility :D , tech support, and cost. I didn't think Sim-wings could top Heathrow, but they just raised the bar another notch.

Yep, it really is a superb effort - I'm doing LHR-MAD-LHR constantly these days :D

As you already know - I agree 100%

Yep, it really is a superb effort - I'm doing LHR-MAD-LHR constantly these days :D

:D:D I did the LHR-MAD rountrip yesterday, today I did Frankfurt-MAD roundtrip, tomorrow I'll probably try LSZH-MAD or maybe longhaul ORD-MAD.

@ Shaun: If you get in contact with Manfred again ask if he or MZBS can put the taxiways that lead to the Big Iberia hangar area into the afcad please (it's already there in the scenery), It can also be used by ai as a shortcut if they land 15L and will be parking at the old terminal or cargo area.

Hi All

Just a simple question please?

Does anybody know in real life which Runways are used for what?, I have Been trying to get info by watching many flight videos online on youtube and flight level 350 and I have not seen any landings at 36L or 36R and only departures from those Runways.

+ The way it is at the moment it is very un-realistic as aircrafts are landing on every runway into paths on aircrafts on departure, I know its quite technical to get AI traffic to behave if not impossible but please can somebody give me and everybody else some ideas, thanks

+ I have been fiddling with the AFCAD a little ref runways and the changes I make for Runway priorities make no difference and is often ignored, I know that there is a north and south AFCAD file but I only seem to be running the North version as stated in AFCAD itself. Whats the score guys?

Thanks to all

James

Hi All

Just a simple question please?

Does anybody know in real life which Runways are used for what?, I have Been trying to get info by watching many flight videos online on youtube and flight level 350 and I have not seen any landings at 36L or 36R and only departures from those Runways.

+ The way it is at the moment it is very un-realistic as aircrafts are landing on every runway into paths on aircrafts on departure, I know its quite technical to get AI traffic to behave if not impossible but please can somebody give me and everybody else some ideas, thanks

+ I have been fiddling with the AFCAD a little ref runways and the changes I make for Runway priorities make no difference and is often ignored, I know that there is a north and south AFCAD file but I only seem to be running the North version as stated in AFCAD itself. Whats the score guys?

Thanks to all

James

Just read all the thread. You will find the answer. ;)

harpsi

Runway 18R/36L = Takeoffs only

Runway 18L/36R= Landings only

Runway 15L/33R= Landings only

Runway 15R/33L= Dual Operations (landings and takeoffs)

There are a few mistakes in there. The landings in Madrid take place on the 33L and 33R but not on the same Runway in the other direction. Direction 15L and 15R are take-off only. The same goes for the other Runways. 18L and 18R are landing directions only, 36R and 36L takeoff only.

There are a few mistakes in there. The landings in Madrid take place on the 33L and 33R but not on the same Runway in the other direction. Direction 15L and 15R are take-off only. The same goes for the other Runways. 18L and 18R are landing directions only, 36R and 36L takeoff only.

Farlis,

Did you read the entire thread??? Apparently not, because then you would have realised that _Dre_'s AFCAD is a deliberate step away from the real-life Barajas usage of the runway system, as described by you, and well reflected in the 2 AFCADs supplied with the product. _Dre_ is simply trying to produce a workable, single AFCAD so he doesn't have to switch files before starting FS.

• 1 month later...
EGLL is completely different from LEMD. In this case you have only one runway for takeoff and one only for landing. And, when you change winds the opposite side is used for the same type of operation. This doesn´t happen with LEMD, with EHAM or even with LFPO for example.

harpsi

Hello all

I come back to the multiple AFCAD issue because I see it works once the winds are set appropriately, but I have a problem to get fs9 to accept a forced wind through AS6.

I have to admit I have only had AS6 a week or so but I have to manually change the winds in AS6 for the AFCAD concept to work.

I suppose thisi is an AS6 issue, if this is not the place to get help appolofies in advance, but linked to the AFCAD item I hope you see the relevence of my need for help.

Thanks in advance

Jayel

Hello all

I come back to the multiple AFCAD issue because I see it works once the winds are set appropriately, but I have a problem to get fs9 to accept a forced wind through AS6.

I have to admit I have only had AS6 a week or so but I have to manually change the winds in AS6 for the AFCAD concept to work.

I suppose thisi is an AS6 issue, if this is not the place to get help appolofies in advance, but linked to the AFCAD item I hope you see the relevence of my need for help.

Thanks in advance

Jayel

Not really a difficult issue. For example, when I load FS 2004, let´s say for example that the winds are set to 360/00 and with this config the north configuration is in use, and let´s suppose that you already know that south config will be in use because you already saw in a weather webpage for example that it must be like that. You have already the south afcad placed in your scenery folder and after aircrafts are now using runways 36s and 33s. 1 minute after the active sky is loaded the traffic will load again like in the beginning and aircrafts will change operations to runways 15s and 18s, and the FS Ai traffic "engine" will start again. So, it is not really a difficult issue. Just wait 1 or 2 minutes and you have your AI traffic using the right runways for the right type of operations.

harpsi