Release: Madrid Barajas 2008

• Aerosoft

Madrid Barajas really needed a serious effort in FS and we are really glad to be able to announce the availability of Madrid Barajas 2008. Sim-Wings really done a superb job on this airport, even though this airport has all the things you would expect this day and age of a commercial scenery product it is good to see it also is still fast enough for any machine. The FSX version will be along soon and when you bought this version you will get the FSX one without charge. See these screenshots and more on the product page

Please note the images show AI aircraft that comes from many sources and that not part or the product. It's also not only MyTraffic as was inadvertently stated before.

madridbarajas_34.jpg

madridbarajas_48.jpg

madridbarajas_43.jpg

madridbarajas_21.jpg

Hello!

Merci beaucoup, muchas gracias, à toute l'équipe d'aerosoft et simwings pour ce magnifique aéroport! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vraiment très reussi, very nice job!!

Thanks!

Bons vols Hispanics!

V1

Afcad update needed. Taxiway ZW that runs parallel with Runway 36L/18R is not complete in the scenery afcad. The taxiway is there in the scenery itself but after seeing my ai traffic entering the runway about 1/4 of the runway length down (36L) then taxing on the runway itself down to the end then making the 180 degree turn on the runway to takeoff on 18R (which was the active) it was obvious something wasn't right. I then proceeded to check the afcad itself and just like the AI indicated taxiway ZW does not run the full length of the runway in the afcad (it runs the full length in the scenery).

I await this simple fix as this scenery has the typical level of excellence that Simwings always brings. Great job Manfred. Shoutout to Oliver as well as it's nice to have AES there right away.

PS- There are no other afcads other than what came with the scenery in my flightsim as I backed up and deleted the one that was there before installing LEMD.

Afcad update needed. Taxiway ZW that runs parallel with Runway 36L/18R is not complete in the scenery afcad. The taxiway is there in the scenery itself but after seeing my ai traffic entering the runway about 1/4 of the runway length down (36L) then taxing on the runway itself down to the end then making the 180 degree turn on the runway to takeoff on 18R (which was the active) it was obvious something wasn't right. I then proceeded to check the afcad itself and just like the AI indicated taxiway ZW does not run the full length of the runway in the afcad (it runs the full length in the scenery).

I await this simple fix as this scenery has the typical level of excellence that Simwings always brings. Great job Manfred. Shoutout to Oliver as well as it's nice to have AES there right away.

PS- There are no other afcads other than what came with the scenery in my flightsim as I backed up and deleted the one that was there before installing LEMD.

Andre,

Normally, takeoffs would never happen on 18L/R only 15L/R. This is easily fixed, you just need to rename the AF2_LEMD-NORTE.bgl to AF2_LEMD-NORTE.bgx and then rename AF2_LEMD-SUD.bgx to AF2_LEMD-NORTE.bgl.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Well Madrid-Barajas scenery have the peculiarity that have two afcads depending the winds configuration due to the "Crosswinds problem" in Flight Simulator. So the correct use of the airport is:

North Configuration: Lands 33LR and Take Off 36LR.

South Configuration: Lands 18LR and Take Off 15LR.

This is why if the winds are in south config and you have the North Config afcad activate the planes could do strange things like take off in the 18 that is wrong.

To activate or desactivate one of the afcads you should go to Madrid/Scenery folder and there you could se two AF2 files: AF2_LEMD-NORTE.bgl and AF2_LEMD-SUD.bgx

Just change LEMD-NORTE from .bgl to .bgx and SUD from bgx to bgl y you have that problem.

However Madrid normally is in North Configuration but the problem is that Flight Simulator tend to change the winds fast so with AI and with 2 afcads is so difficult to flight.

I have done an afcad that obliges Flight Simulator to use North Configuration always so planes are taxign ok everytime.

You can download the new afcad here:

http://fs-blog.com.s38662.gridserver.com/AF2_LEMD-NORTE.bgl

To install just make a backup of the old AF2_LEMD-Norte.bgl in Aerosoft/Madrid/Scenery and put this Afcad in that folder.

Sorry for the disadvantages but this is a problem in the programming of Flight Simulator and is IMPOSSIBLE to have the airport working perfectly with just 1 afcad but with this afcad i done you at least can have the North Configuration working fine always and if you know a day (strange) that the airport is in South you just have to change the afcad.

Thanks

Miguel Zafra

What a huge airport!.....I love it! :wub:

What with new sceneries like this and AES.....I am never going to leave FS9!. I am quite serious.....FS9 is an absolute pleasure right now.

I look forward to Lisbon as well.

I did notice something just now. I have just done a Rwy 15L departure in low visibility. The center runway lights are not quite in line with the runway centerline.

Anyway look forward to lots of MAD flights. Thankyou very much! B)

The product page is misleading and should be changed:

"Please note that screenshots have been made using MyTraffic"

Screenshot 1:

Iberia MD87 and 757 are AI Aardvark models

Screenshot 2:

Iberia MD87 is an AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 5:

Nose of The Fruit Stand A340-600

Screenshot 6:

Iberia A321 is EvolveAI or DJC A321

Screenshot 7:

The Fruit Stand Iberia A340-600

Screenshot 8:

Swift Air ATR looks like PAI model and behind is EVAI/DJC A321

Screenshot 9:

Delta 767-300 is AI Aardvark PW model

Screenshot 11:

Spanair MD80 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 16:

LAN 767-300 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 18:

Hola (Priviledge Style) 757 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshots 19 and 20:

PIA A310-300 is FS Painter model

Screenshot 21:

Iberia A340-600 is The Fruit Stand again

Screenshot 23:

Iberia A320 is EVAI or DJC A320

Screenshot 26:

Aerolineas Argentinas 747-400 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 27:

Iberia 757 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 28:

BA 737-400 is AI Aardvark model, Iberia A319 is EVAI/DJC model

Screenshot 36:

Looks like all AI Aardvark, EVAI/DJC models

Screenshot 37:

AI Aardvark MD80 and 767-300

Screenshot 38:

Fruit Stand A340-600s

Screenshot 41:

Portugalia E145 is EVAI or AI Malcontent

Spanair A320 is EVAI or DJC

Spanair MD80 is AI Aardvark

Screenshot 42:

Fruit Stand A340-600 model

Screenshot 43:

AI Aardvark 747-400

Screenshot 44:

Santa Barbara 767-300 is AI Aardvark model

Infact barely any of the screenshots have MyTraffic models in them at all.

I think its very misleading to make that representation.

The product page is misleading and should be changed:

"Please note that screenshots have been made using MyTraffic"

Screenshot 1:

Iberia MD87 and 757 are AI Aardvark models

Screenshot 2:

Iberia MD87 is an AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 5:

Nose of The Fruit Stand A340-600

Screenshot 6:

Iberia A321 is EvolveAI or DJC A321

Screenshot 7:

The Fruit Stand Iberia A340-600

Screenshot 8:

Swift Air ATR looks like PAI model and behind is EVAI/DJC A321

Screenshot 9:

Delta 767-300 is AI Aardvark PW model

Screenshot 11:

Spanair MD80 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 16:

LAN 767-300 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 18:

Hola (Priviledge Style) 757 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshots 19 and 20:

PIA A310-300 is FS Painter model

Screenshot 21:

Iberia A340-600 is The Fruit Stand again

Screenshot 23:

Iberia A320 is EVAI or DJC A320

Screenshot 26:

Aerolineas Argentinas 747-400 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 27:

Iberia 757 is AI Aardvark model

Screenshot 28:

BA 737-400 is AI Aardvark model, Iberia A319 is EVAI/DJC model

Screenshot 36:

Looks like all AI Aardvark, EVAI/DJC models

Screenshot 37:

AI Aardvark MD80 and 767-300

Screenshot 38:

Fruit Stand A340-600s

Screenshot 41:

Portugalia E145 is EVAI or AI Malcontent

Spanair A320 is EVAI or DJC

Spanair MD80 is AI Aardvark

Screenshot 42:

Fruit Stand A340-600 model

Screenshot 43:

AI Aardvark 747-400

Screenshot 44:

Santa Barbara 767-300 is AI Aardvark model

Infact barely any of the screenshots have MyTraffic models in them at all.

so how can I get those models in my ai ?

You could use payware like MyTraffic or you could download freeware AI like those of World-Of-AI or Project AI.

If you really have the time, you might want to consider downloading the models and timetable, then make your own AI traffic.

You have two ways:

First - search at avsim.com and flightsim.com (and other resourses) AI models, textures, flightplans and TTools as your compiller and install traffic manually.

Another way - go to WOAI site and download installer with packages what you need.

May be it's not misleading, but misunderstandig: don't read "MyTraffic", just "my traffic" :)

May be it's not misleading, but misunderstandig: don't read "MyTraffic", just "my traffic" :)

LOL! Nah, it's blatant advertising. Inappropriate, misleading and potentially against the law. They would do well to remove the comment.

LOL! Nah, it's blatant advertising. Inappropriate, misleading and potentially against the law. They would do well to remove the comment.

Completely agree, can't believe it is still there.

Almost none of those screenshots contain MyTraffic models or paints, but instead are the product of hundreds of hours of work by freeware authors like myself.

I would like to see the comment removed immediately, because it is blantently untrue.

• Aerosoft
Completely agree, can't believe it is still there.

Almost none of those screenshots contain MyTraffic models or paints, but instead are the product of hundreds of hours of work by freeware authors like myself.

I would like to see the comment removed immediately, because it is blantently untrue.

Take it easy guys, it's an honest mistake, no need to go all ballistic about it. We'll change the comments.

Take it easy guys, it's an honest mistake, no need to go all ballistic about it. We'll change the comments.

I'm not sure where you think anyone is going ballistic about it, I think most would accept it was a simple mistake.

After 4 days of nothing being done about what was in the legal sense false advertising - I think some of us were wondering if it was going to be attended to.

Anyway, thank you for attending to it, and I fully accept that there was no hidden intent behind it.

• 2 weeks later...