Problem With The Installation Of New Versions Of Aes

Hi people of AES,

Since I got the first version of AES (1.90) I was greately satisfied with the add-on and I saw in it a breakthrough in the flight simulation world. Because each new version adds new aiports supported by AES, I tried to install those versions but never have I succeeded to do so and I am still getting the old 1.90 version. The installer runs correctely at the beginning and at the end it displays to me the AES help menu to see what airports have been added. But actually I still get the old list. I wrote previousely to mention this problem and I wasn't satisfied about the answers given to me. I would like to activate new airports such as FSDream KORD or Simwings EGLL and others. Unfortunately I am not able to identify the problem. I've even thought about uinstalling the 1.90 version and installing a brand new one; the uninstall doesn't work :blink: the old 1.90 Version is still in my computer as if it spends a lifetime sentence there???!!

• Developer

Hi,

so, the installer runs without any error, but you still get the old AESHelp after the install, correct? When AESHelp is showing 1.95a in the headline, it can't be the old version.

What Operationsystem you use (XP/Vista) and if Vista, in which path is you FS installed?

Hi,

so, the installer runs without any error, but you still get the old AESHelp after the install, correct? When AESHelp is showing 1.95a in the headline, it can't be the old version.

What Operationsystem you use (XP/Vista) and if Vista, in which path is you FS installed?

Actually, AESHelp shows 1.90a in the headline even if I install V1.95. As I told you in the previous post, if I do have the new version why the list of airports is not updated?

My OS is XP SP2 and the path of FS9 is 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9'

Thanks

• Developer

Did you check, that the "List only Installed" Checkbox over the list in AESHelp 1.95a is not checked. Otherwise he list only Airports you have installed and maybe AESHelp don't see KORD on you PC.

This feature is new in AESHelp 1.95a. In older Version, this checkbox is not there and all AES airports are listed allways.

You also can check, if you find the FILE AESA_KORD_FDT.BGL in the ..\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT directory, after you have installed AES 1.95a

Did you check, that the "List only Installed" Checkbox over the list in AESHelp 1.95a is not checked. Otherwise he list only Airports you have installed and maybe AESHelp don't see KORD on you PC.

This feature is new in AESHelp 1.95a. In older Version, this checkbox is not there and all AES airports are listed allways.

You also can check, if you find the FILE AESA_KORD_FDT.BGL in the ..\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT directory, after you have installed AES 1.95a

Thanks Oliver for your kind support,

Actually "List only Installed" checkbox doesn't show up during installation. The problem Oliver didn't start with V1.95 even with previous versions such as V1.92 I had this problem.

Ok some good news for me as I got the solution. I'm posting it so that others who will face this problem won't waste a lot of time figuring it out as I did.

To whom this solution applies?

- You want to install a new version of AES but the installer doesn't seem to be copying any files and you still get the old version.

- You've tried to uninstall the old version of AES from Control Panel-Add remove programs but you still see AES in the list of programs.

If this is your case, here is the solution.

1-Please follow carefully (without any omissions) the following article from microsoft as it has all the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314481/en-us

2-Keep the old folder of AES in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft as it is and don't touch anything (just not to loose the airports that you have activated previously)

3- Install the new AES version and it will work ;)

What is mysterious however is why AES doesn't want to uninstall? :blink: