Bravo Software Link is Broken

Oh I thought it was pretty clear from n the subject. The link to the configurator software on your own website that links to the software I need to use the product I bought from you is broken. I can’t download the software because your website doesn’t work.

Of course I wouldn’t need the software if it came with it or installed on it even….but that’s neither here nor there. I’ve spent several sessions trying to work out how to get this software. When I’ve paid a bunch of money, why does it feel like I’m trying to hack this thing just to get it to work?

• Aerosoft

What website are you reffering to ?

Aerosoft or Honeycomb ?

What is the exact link ?

For what simulator do you try to download the driver ?

Our Aerosoft website works well as does our download section on this forum.

Honeycomb. MSFS. I want my Bravo Throttle to work including the lights that are supposed to turn on (because they are lights). I’ve spent 24 hrs watching videos of workarounds and some programmer who has a thing on GitHub that also doesn’t work….if I have to download a piece of software, it would be good to have it say CLICK HERE and get the software and it works. So far I download one thing that does nothing at all when it is installed, except show an Aerosoft updater window and the other thing is called a “configurator” and leads to a broken link. This is for MSFS X but I thought I’d give it a shot since absolutely nothing else works. As I can tell from many many forums and videos, this has been a problem for many years and doesn’t seem to be fixed.

Let’s look at it the other way around.

I have a Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant and the annunciation lights sporadically work and the LED lights randomly work a few at a time. How do I fix this?

• Aerosoft

Please first answer the questions I asked this morning : 
- What website are you reffering to ?

Aerosoft or Honeycomb ?

- What is the exact link ?

Then these ones
- Where are you located ?
- Where did you buy this unit from ?

• Aerosoft

As for the Driver, the MSFS version does not have an interface such as the P3D and Xplane version.
All the assignments need to be done in MSFS or via external utilities such as AxisAndOhs or Spad.next.

The MSFS driver only manages the lights.

Yes and the lights are all I am trying to get to work. The driver doesnt fix anything. The lights are still erratic and dont work. I bought both the Alpha and the Bravo and they are so well designed and have improved flying so much for me, it seems stupid for such a basic driver issue to be a hangup. Surely your programmers could fix this in no time and roll out a driver that makes the things work properly.

- Honeycomb

- I am in Australia

- I got it from Scorptec

- Here is the link

• Aerosoft

You sent the link to the FSX driver and in your earlier post you refer to MSFS.

What simulator are you using exactly  ?

Okay. But the link is still broken. So I suppose you’re cool with that? There are many comments over years from people saying they can’t access anything through that link. 

The simulator I’m exactly using (exactly) is MSFS. You are being snarky and deflecting from the fact that your premium product ships with no viable software available to make it work. You know this is the case. You know that people have been complaining about this for years. You know there are a bunch of backyard outfits who have tried to make solutions (none of them have worked for me). And you know that the software you offer (the updater of which looks like it was designed in 2005) doesn’t work. You obviously don’t want to spend the money to make an app that will make the device function properly. So you have to accept that people are going to be pissed off about that. Happy to be proven wrong and have you send me a sweet piece of software that will make my Honeycomb Bravo’s beautiful lights work. Don’t send me the Xmas tree app cos that is just a testing app and doesn’t fix any problems.

• Aerosoft

We tested the link, and it seems to work fine for us and for the 12 people who downloaded that file today. It also works for me without any problem. We will, however ask our IT staff to check out if there could be anything wrong with that link.

image.png

Now you have MSFS and clearly downloaded a file for FSX, and that could be the reason for the problem, right? Can you try the MSFS version:  http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS.zip

Can I kindly ask you to change the tone of your posts? What you wrote is not acceptable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes you can kindly ask that. That piece of software does not fix the lights on the Honeycomb Bravo throttle.

• Aerosoft

The software we provide works for thousands of units.
So the software does work, sir.
As you have been mentionning MSFS and FSX at different occasions, what driver link are you finally using with MSFS ?

If you are unsure, here are the info you need to make the system work.

MSFS driver link : 
http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS.zip

If it does not start, use this procedure : 
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/167498-how-to-start-the-msfs-honeycomb-configurator-manually/

If it still does not start, test the electrical functions of the unit with the Christmas tree

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/6080-honeycomb-bravo-throttle-christmas-tree-application/

• Aerosoft

Also keep in mind the MSFS driver only drives the default MSFS planes.
Addons may not be (or only partially) supported.