Bravo AP Buttons Support Changed Recently? FS2020.

Agrajag27

Been away from the hobby for a bit (since 2021) and wondered if anyone has made any headway getting the Honeycomb Bravo's AP buttons (and frankly the other controls) to work fully for the CRJ in FS2020.

I have a somewhat working Lorby AxisAndOhs setup and can add to that if needed, but maybe something better has come along since 2021, or not. If not, boy, Asobo has got to make it easier for devs and the community to make these complex systems work more reliably and more easily. (def not a CRJ issue)

I do see there's something called MobiFlight. Is this any better than Lorby?

I do not know what "better as Lorby" you are looking for.

AAO works perfectly here and all my scripts and bindings for the CRJ are fully functional still. As they do for my other aircraft as well.

9 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

I do not know what "better as Lorby" you are looking for.

AAO works perfectly here and all my scripts and bindings for the CRJ are fully functional still. As they do for my other aircraft as well.

I just wanted to be sure I was using the most current tools for the job. For example, my NAV button still doesn't work quite right. It never lights up showing I'm in NAV mode, but instead just lights the HDG button. 

2 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

Ok, the AP LEDs do not work right in many Addon Aircraft, i agree.

Ugh. I'm sure this is Asobo-based, but how long can companies like Honeycomb go on this situation before they really lose faith in them? The VAST majority of customers that buy products like the Bravo (and others) will have NO ability to decipher what you need to do to get the product working "right" in FS2020. For them it's a $300 product where literally half (or more) of the features don't work at all. For the rest of us, we can get it working after MUCH trial and error, but still not get it the way it should be. What a shame. 

• Aerosoft

Hi,

The lights are indeed still limited to the stock aircraft and some addons that share the same variable with the MSFS aircraft as Ha_Ma says.

Did you already check in the Hardware tutorial section the available AAO tutorials and scripts for the CRJ.

As for Mobiflight, it won't give you access to other variables than AAO does.
And as such AAO is the best you can find because it gives access to the Lvars and the Lvars are the only way to safely access the variables in the addons. 
So, if you are familiar witth AAO, I would carry on using it.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Agrajag27:

I'm sure this is Asobo-based,

I am sure it is not, because the lights do work with the stock Asobo aircraft.

So this is either an issue in how 3rd party devs sent the parameters for the lights, or an issue in the honeycomb software, that it does not catch these parameters...

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Agrajag27 said:

Ugh. I'm sure this is Asobo-based, but how long can companies like Honeycomb go on this situation before they really lose faith in them? The VAST majority of customers that buy products like the Bravo (and others) will have NO ability to decipher what you need to do to get the product working "right" in FS2020. For them it's a $300 product where literally half (or more) of the features don't work at all. For the rest of us, we can get it working after MUCH trial and error, but still not get it the way it should be. What a shame. 

Please bear in mind this is not specific to the Bravo.
The Bravo is like any other controls : a bunch of analog axes and buttons you need to assign to available functions in the sim/addon combination.

If the function you want to assign isn't available or assignable in the sim, it doesn't matter what control you are using : you won't be able to access it.

Please have a look to this post : 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Did you already check in the Hardware tutorial section the available AAO tutorials and scripts for the CRJ.

Not yet. I wanted to make sure I was on the right path before digging any deeper. Thanks! Sounds like staying the course is a good idea. I get that this isn't just a Bravo issue and that's part of my concern. I just own the Bravo so I used that as the example. ANY peripheral beyond a basic still is likely to have such issues. 

It seems my assumption that the SDK is at fault may be in error, but it does seem odd that Asobo can make their aircraft work while others point fingers saying it's not them.

• Aerosoft
32 minutes ago, Agrajag27 said:

Not yet. I wanted to make sure I was on the right path before digging any deeper. Thanks! Sounds like staying the course is a good idea. I get that this isn't just a Bravo issue and that's part of my concern. I just own the Bravo so I used that as the example. ANY peripheral beyond a basic still is likely to have such issues. 

It seems my assumption that the SDK is at fault may be in error, but it does seem odd that Asobo can make their aircraft work while others point fingers saying it's not them.

Please check these posts : 

• Upvote 1