Twin Otter DHC-6 / In den Online Shops nicht mehr verfügbar

Sehr geehrtes Aerosoft Team,

können Sie bitte eine Information geben, wann die Twin Otter DHC-6 in Ihrem Online Shop wieder verfügbar ist?

Mit gestrigem Datum habe ich bemerkt, dass dieses Flugzeug entfernt wurde und nicht mehr käuflich erworben werden kann.

Für ein kurzes Feedback wäre ich Ihnen sehr verbunden, vielen Dank.  

• Aerosoft

The product has been removed from the shop(s) because it will be relaunched at a later date as part of another project.  So in its current form (or rather as it was),  it will not return.  I think it is still available on the marketplace though.

And no, not an April 1st joke.

Dear Mr Mathijs Kok,

thank you very much for your quick feedback. 

As I never purchase my addons through the MSFS Marketplace I hope your product will return to the shop in the near future. 

Even if it is in a different form of offer. 

• Aerosoft
On 4/1/2023 at 11:35 AM, Christoph6700 said:

Dear Mr Mathijs Kok,

thank you very much for your quick feedback. 

As I never purchase my addons through the MSFS Marketplace I hope your product will return to the shop in the near future. 

Even if it is in a different form of offer. 

Do not expect that soon. I am sure it will all be clear in a while.

While it would be a bit silly for me to promote the marketplace, I use it and never had any serious issues.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Then you smell wrong, lol.

You guys certainly like to rachet up the suspense. Why so much secrecy? Why not more transparency?

• Like 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not everybody needs to know everything. And there is no obligation for Aerosoft to talk about details of their business and certain decisions. I‘m sure that Aerosoft will announce more when time has come.

Honestly, for those of us that own the Twin Otter it'd certainly be nice to know we're *actually* not being dumped here, considering the speed of updates already.

• Like 5

This is very interesting indeed. I'm glad I eventually bought the Twotter, and will be watching for further announcements.  All the best with it - it's a great aircraft.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mopperle said:

Not everybody needs to know everything. And there is no obligation for Aerosoft to talk about details of their business and certain decisions. I‘m sure that Aerosoft will announce more when time has come.

I agree that not everybody needs to know everything and that they have no obligation to reveal anything to customers. But it seems to me that Aeorsoft  seems intent on shooting themselves in the foot by missing the opportunity to alert their loyal customers of a coming event that will be to their benefit. Just good marketing. But the Aerosoft approach is to create drama. Just a different approach.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, mopperle said:

While the first part is true. Existing customers being notified about what is happening to their product is definitely an obligation for Aerosoft. 

• Aerosoft
12 minutes ago, John2 said:

But the Aerosoft approach is to create drama. Just a different approach.

"Drama"...Lol.... So many big words because we are just not willing or able to explain what is behind this event. There is absolutely no 'marketing' behind this in any way. 

In business, there are many things that happen that you are at that moment not able to explain to customers. This is just one of these events. 

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, Fawx said:

While the first part is true. Existing customers being notified about what is happening to their product is definitely an obligation for Aerosoft. 

And that is exactly what I did. Nothing has changed for them whatsoever. Just as nothing is different if you buy it now on the Marketplace. 

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And that is exactly what I did. Nothing has changed for them whatsoever. Just as nothing is different if you buy it now on the Marketplace. 

So the product will still be receiving support, and any need bugfixes to ensure it continues to work? If that's the case then fair enough, I hope the future you have planned for the product will go well.

I've personally enjoyed using the Twin Otter a lot, one of the first planes I purchased for MSFS.

• Aerosoft

We have no current plans for any new features for this version, if there are issues we think we can fix easily we'll do that. In support, nothing changes. 

Again, the product is simply still on sale. Just only at the marketplace. There are several well-known development teams (Carenado)  who only sell in the marketplace. 

I fail to see why this is all creating such hubris. 

Now, do note we are not moving to Marketplace only. 

"There are several well-known development teams (Carenado)  who only sell in the marketplace."

Indeed, but how many of them suddenly removed products from their own shop with little explanation?

"I fail to see why this is all creating such hubris."

Again, it's an issue of communication.

This, for example, says to us that maybe a new version is coming, which is a tough read for those that fight for fixes:

"So in its current form (or rather as it was), it will not return."

• Like 2

Well I'm hoping current owners on the Aerosoft store get V2 for free. IMO, good riddance to the current version. Its been gathering dust in my hanger despite really wanting to use it, but as a piece of sim software its lacking compared to many others that have come out recently.

Hoping the CRJ gets some love soon too :)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, RobbieAC said:

"There are several well-known development teams (Carenado)  who only sell in the marketplace."

Indeed, but how many of them suddenly removed products from their own shop with little explanation?

"I fail to see why this is all creating such hubris."

Again, it's an issue of communication.

This, for example, says to us that maybe a new version is coming, which is a tough read for those that fight for fixes:

"So in its current form (or rather as it was), it will not return."

Really I don't see the issue, the product is still for sale, and support is exactly the same, we have just made a decision for reasons that we are not able to share with you. 

As I wrote, it will all become clear soon enough.

Let's close this discussion as there really is not a lot that can be said and I simply have nothing new to say.

And if you said that from the start, it would have been much smoother. Rather than saying nothing, then saying something vague in the German section. 

Like I said, communication was the issue. 

As a rule of thumb, if all the readers are angry about something, maybe *just maybe* blaming the readers is a little flawed.

There is a reason there is a reputation about this forum...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1