Is VDGS Sim Update 12 Compatible?

Uber_Screw_2k

Hi Guys  I would really like some help please.  I have been scouring the forum regards VDGS for some help but nothings fits my issue.  I cannot get any of the guidance stations to work.  I have all the dependencies downloaded via Aerosoft One.  All three are sat in my community folder.  The shift V key brings up the VDGS flight planning module but nothing I enter appears at the gate.  I have tried at EDLP and the new NZCH.  The sim is run as administrator but nothing I have done seems to get a functioning result.

I have attached my driver log file if that helps???aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log

• Aerosoft

Hi,

please do the following: exit the simulator, open up the file "Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini" with a text editor and change the line "Verbose=0" to "Verbose=1".

Save the file. Restart the simulator and try to get the vdgs to work just like you did before. Then re-attach the created log file for us to review.

Hi Benjamin I have completed your suggested steps, once again without success.  This time I attach some additional files to confirm instructions have been adhered to as well as a screenshot to see what I am seeing when I start the application at stand 4 @ EDLP.  Really hope this provides some clues?

Thanks for the on-going support.

Please login to display this image.

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log

• Aerosoft
Am 30.3.2023 um 20:05 schrieb Uber_Screw_2k:

Hi Benjamin I have completed your suggested steps, once again without success.  This time I attach some additional files to confirm instructions have been adhered to as well as a screenshot to see what I am seeing when I start the application at stand 4 @ EDLP.  Really hope this provides some clues?

Thanks for the on-going support.

aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini 53 B · 3 Downloads aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.log 8.4 kB · 2 Downloads

Hi,

thanks for the log file.

As you can see there is multiple entries stating: "Airport 'EDLP' COULD NOT be verified, reason: 'PACKAGE_NAME_UNVERIFIED'" in the .log file. So...what is the name of the airport package in your Community folder? Have you changed it?

• Aerosoft
Am 31.3.2023 um 17:08 schrieb GB1608:

I am having the same problem i have followed all the steps etc but still not loading 

Hi and same for you:

Am 29.3.2023 um 21:11 schrieb BenBaron:

Hi,

please do the following: exit the simulator, open up the file "Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver\aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini" with a text editor and change the line "Verbose=0" to "Verbose=1".

Save the file. Restart the simulator and try to get the vdgs to work just like you did before. Then re-attach the created log file for us to review.

5 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

thanks for the log file.

As you can see there is multiple entries stating: "Airport 'EDLP' COULD NOT be verified, reason: 'PACKAGE_NAME_UNVERIFIED'" in the .log file. So...what is the name of the airport package in your Community folder? Have you changed it?

Thanks for getting back to me.  I think I have found the issue.  I use addon linker and so when I installed the dependencies on a drive other than the one I use for msfs, the exe.xml file was directed to find the application in the folder on the non msfs drive, now I have changed the exe.xml file to find the VDGS application in the core msfs community folder, it all works fine.  Thank you for helping me work through this 👍

• Aerosoft
vor 12 Stunden schrieb Uber_Screw_2k:

Thanks for getting back to me.  I think I have found the issue.  I use addon linker and so when I installed the dependencies on a drive other than the one I use for msfs, the exe.xml file was directed to find the application in the folder on the non msfs drive, now I have changed the exe.xml file to find the VDGS application in the core msfs community folder, it all works fine.  Thank you for helping me work through this 👍

Yes...currently tinkering with any of the pathes/packages names can cause issues with the vdgs driver. But, great you've found the culprit! Happy flying.

• 4 months later...