ETD = Estimated Time of Departure (relevant if different from STD)

Weight Adjust = Ability to Adjust Up or Down the Aircraft OEW (Operating Empty Weight)

Extra Time = Ability to Calculate a Fuel Qty based on Extra Time Requirements

Extra Fuel = Ability to Add Extra Fuel to the Calculations

Hold Time = Expected Time over Hold for Arrival (aircraft performance file has different values for fuel consumption based on these variables)

MEL/CDL Fuel or % = Again, ability to have a positive or negative fuel qty value based on MEL/CDL items. Up to you to calculate what that value would be.

APU = Is the APU running during the flight.

Tanker fuel = how much fuel are you tankering to the destination

Ballast fuel = how much fuel you're using for ballast (CG considerations)

Contingency Time or Fuel = Again, you decide how much you want that time or fuel qty to be.

Remaining fuel = how much fuel do you need it to be at the end of the flight

Circuit out and circuit in = i believe those refer to how many circuits you wanna do at your departure and destination airports.

Redispatch and EDTO ... those two have specific articles here on the forum (don't have the links here) so you should go through them.

Speed/Altitude/Holding are variable values that you may need to input, or not, based on whatever route or flight plan you need to come up with.

Now, none of those fields are critical to come up with a basic flight plan. They are additional realism derived values.

EDTO are fun when you're doing ETOPS, Redispatch too, particularly when doing ultra-long-haul.

But a lot of those Fuel related values are pretty standard and I'm sure that there are some good articles on them. But for the most part, I don't even go through them.

Someone correct me if I got something wrong.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use