VATSIM Integration/Interaction

Flying_Timm

Hi. I hope its the right place for an idea I have had since a long time which annoyed me the most about Aerosoft's VDGS when flying online on VATSIM:

Me as a pilot is 'normally' not responsible for selecting a gate on airports and so the VDGS-selection is a step that could be taken away from the pilots-responsibilities.
VATSIM (Germany and other regions) are more and more implementing vACDM into their virtual workflow to plan operations. Surely mainly for departures but there are also some plugins available for arrival-operations (at least for some VATSIM Germany airports)

I've got some info from colleagues from VATSIM Germany. They've started to test vACDM and here are some information I got for you:
For now you need to be logged in on VATSIM and have filed a flightplan, then you can start vACDM on the website: https://vacdm.vatger.de/

Once you are connected it will look like this:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1014561886571868190/1080931702479794408/2.jpg

Wouldn't it be possible to implement a VATSIM connectivity.
Once connected, flightplan recognized/loaded, it will only display information that are pushed to vACDM via their ATC program (available as a json file) once the clearence is requested?

The developer told me, they are open to changes that are or would be needed.
For me it sounds possible with a VATSIM integration. So rather displaying information from MSFS it shows the information by vACDM (or first MSFS details and once there is data from vACDM available, it overrights the information on the display just like in real life, when a slot changed..)

I am open for questions or write me a PM is you need contacts.

Thank you
Timm

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Yes, I see.

The issue is that we need a solid and dependable solution. See if we sell thousands of copies via our own shop, other shops, marketplace, steam, boxed, updating these things becomes a major headache.  I am not spending any dev time on something that is not a standard I think will stick. I (and many other aircraft devs) have made that clear for the last few years.  Basically it is all not very complex, there is just a limited amount of data to exchange and the industry already determined how that should look. 

If you would lock up the key people from Vatsim, IVAO, and whoever wants to be involved, in a room and do not get them beers until they have a standard it would all be solved in a day. I will pay the beers when they figured it out. 

• Like 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Yes, I see.

The issue is that we need a solid and dependable solution. See if we sell thousands of copies via our own shop, other shops, marketplace, steam, boxed, updating these things becomes a major headache.  I am not spending any dev time on something that is not a standard I think will stick. I (and many other aircraft devs) have made that clear for the last few years.  Basically it is all not very complex, there is just a limited amount of data to exchange and the industry already determined how that should look. 

If you would lock up the key people from Vatsim, IVAO, and whoever wants to be involved, in a room and do not get them beers until they have a standard it would all be solved in a day. I will pay the beers when they figured it out. 

I fully agree. 100%!
I will try to keep the topic active and try to get the right persons involved.

But its already a great sign that you(Aerosoft) would be ready as soon as there is something declared as a standard.