Purchase a Server Subscription or Not?

My server subscription expired a few days ago. I've been using PFPX for several years, but is it wise to buy another subscription seeing as how PFPX may not be around much longer? If I'm wrong, just tell me, so I can make an informed decision. 

No opinions from other users, I just want a reply from someone in the company that really knows please. Thanks.

Hello Pete,

I am not an official representative of FlightsimSoft however you may be aware from this forum that I'm quite active in its support.

FlightsimSoft have stated that the program and server subscriptions remain available directly from them and to date that remains so.

Personally I would retain the server subscription to retain all the integrated PFPX functions. and at around €15 maybe not too much of a risk.

However should you require tracks and notams and are happy to retrieve those from alternate sources then there is a user published alternative for a weather source you may wish to try other than ActiveSky, wx2pfpx by Dakara93, the file is available on Avsim.

Should you still require an official answer from FlightsimSoft then I suggest you email them directly.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your reply, but rather than spending any more money on a dying platform or trying to plug in an addon for the winds, I'm just going to use Simbrief.  It works seamlessly with Navigraph charts, and in my opinion, is a superior flight planning tool since the latest update.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use