Starting P3D /multichannel with different situation settings

YukonAV8

Great start with SIMstarter now configured to launch P3D, Oi4FS for the FMC, SPAD.next for the radio panel, FSC TQ for the TQ. Also have set it to use the /multichannel parameter on launch. However, when I check the box for Use different situation settings - SIMstarter is putting the -fxml option after the /multichannel resulting in an error. Is there are way to do this differently or is there a fix for it?

This works without situation settings:

Please login to display this image.

But fails when using situation settings:

But if I create a shortcut on the desktop with this target like this it works:

C:\Prepar3Dv5\Prepar3D.exe -fxml"c:\Users\Yukon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\SiIOMstarter NG.fxml" /MULTICHANNEL:"C:\Users\Yukon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\Network.CFG"

So it seems the -fxml option must come before the /multichannel.

Appreciate any guidance

Thanks!

Andy

P3D v5

• Developer

Thanks for your feedback Andy.

I can confirm that the parameter string for PREPAR3D.exe follows this logic:

prepar3d.exe <YOUR PARAMETER><SITUATION>

But I found an issue that there is no "blanc character" between <YOUR PARAMETER> and <SITUATION>. I already fixed this in the code.

----------------

I don't think that your issue relates to the order but we will see. If that is in conflict with the MULTICHANNEL parameter I can switch the order for sure.

But please have a look at your examples. Looks there are small typos:

C:\Prepar3Dv5\Prepar3D.exe -fxml"c:\Users\Yukon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\SiIOMstarter NG.fxml" /MULTICHANNEL:"C:\Users\Yukon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\Network.CFG"

Your "Parameters" in SIMstarter seam to have "blanc characters" at the end:

To completly debug this issue please:

1. correct your typos and try again
  2. if that does not solve the issue please
    1. send me your "network.cfg"
    2. send me a DebugPack

We will fix this for sure. 😉

Ok, I am away from the sim for a couple days, but 

1. Yes, I did try forcing blanks in between by adding them at the end of parameters but it didn’t help either before the end quotes or after I think you adding a blank in the code is probably critical and I would be happy to test it

2. Yes, will fix typo. In fact I think I already did after making the post.

will send a debug pack when I get a chance. The network.cfg is just the normal with my host and client name filled in. Will send.

I found no references to using multichannel with simstarter in the user guide or forums so I don’t know if anyone else is using it - but there is really nothing different about launching p3d with /multichannel other than it expecting a client on another machine to join. If there were demand for the feature, it would be cool if SIMstarter could launch an exe on a networked machine.

Andy

• Developer

Don't mind. We will find a solution with SIMstarter - I know the developer very well... 🙂

vor 5 Stunden schrieb YukonAV8:

[...]

If there were demand for the feature, it would be cool if SIMstarter could launch an exe on a networked machine.

[...]

There is SIMstarter NG Client which works with SIMstarter NG P3D. Not the best solution but works. See manual chapter 8.