VDGS with fenix not displaying flight information at EBBR

paul123

Hi can anyone suggest why I am not getting any flight details with the fenix at Brussels on the VDGS only recognising the gate number on the display ? Other 320s work fine. Thanks.

• Developer

Hi, check that the flight number in the customization page isn't blank. This is where the VDGS module currently get's this info. (The airline IATA code should get picked up automatically based on the aircraft livery.)

Please login to display this image.

Did a quick test on my end with the Fenix and it worked as expected.

The rest of the flight information needs to be inputted in the "FLTPLN" section of the VDGS window and the aircraft used shouldn't influence how this info is displayed.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi Jo. Brilliant. Thanks for your response. Would never of worked this out. You were correct there was no flight number in the flight number section. The only issue I have now which I can live with is if I do another flight from EBBR I have to stop the vdgs driver in task manager and reboot the vdgs exe. again in order to display the VDGS again otherwise it is a blank display. Any workaround for this ?

• Developer

If I understand you correctly you're not able to open up the VDGS menu in those cases unless you reboot the VDGS exe? Or is it the VDGS menu itself that is blank?

Can you attach your log file from when this happens (before you stop the vdgs driver in the task manager and reboot it.)
To generate the log, open the "aerosoft-vdgs-driver-log.ini" file found in "...\Community\aerosoft-vdgs-driver" in a text editor and set,

Verbose=1

(The .log file will be saved in the same community folder)

I don’t want to “steal” this thread, but I would love if VDGA menu took the information from the last SimBrief flightplan. Regardless, I think you have made a great job so far. Keep it up 👌

• Like 1

Hi Jo. I was trying to move the aircraft using GSX from 1 gate to another which did not allow the new VDGS to work on the new gate. Just to save time exiting back to the main menu and respawning again . However it does work going back to the main menu. So I cant imagine there is a work around for this. Its no issue.

• 6 months later...