Twotter Reverse Axis

Using FSUIPC I assigned throttle and reverse axis' to my joystick throttle. I then calibrated the joystick throttle for the last like 5 percent of the throttle to act as reverse axis. Went back to the plane to try it out and the throttle's in the aircraft will only move back to about 1/2 reverse. I thought that was weird, so I double checked my settings and re-calibrated the throttle and tried it again. It didn't work. Ok, I'll try assigning the entire motion of my joystick throttle to reverse just to see what happens. Did that, went back to the plane, and again the throttles will only move back about 1/2 into reverse. I pressed the F2 key to ensure that it indeed would go full reverse, and it did.

This is rather weird, for I have got this to work perfectly with Captain Sim's C-130X using FSUIPC. You must use FSUIPC to assign a reverse axis, for there is no reverse axis in the FSX controls.

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

Using FSUIPC I assigned throttle and reverse axis' to my joystick throttle. I then calibrated the joystick throttle for the last like 5 percent of the throttle to act as reverse axis. Went back to the plane to try it out and the throttle's in the aircraft will only move back to about 1/2 reverse. I thought that was weird, so I double checked my settings and re-calibrated the throttle and tried it again. It didn't work. Ok, I'll try assigning the entire motion of my joystick throttle to reverse just to see what happens. Did that, went back to the plane, and again the throttles will only move back about 1/2 into reverse. I pressed the F2 key to ensure that it indeed would go full reverse, and it did.

This is rather weird, for I have got this to work perfectly with Captain Sim's C-130X using FSUIPC. You must use FSUIPC to assign a reverse axis, for there is no reverse axis in the FSX controls.

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

Set it to full repeat in assigments. :)

Hi Nick,

have a look at this:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=16472

rgds

Albrecht

Thanks for that post Albrecht. However, that is just using the throttle to virtually press a key, which will put the aircraft in full reverse, and not give you a true reverse axis.

I just bought the CH Throttle Quadrant (from Aerosoft - hint, hint ;)) and have the same reverse problem. In the Otter it goes only to 20% reverse. Only when I press F2 it goes back to 60%.

Other planes work fine and yes: It is calibrated.

I do not want any button press solution as proposed by some above. This is not what I bought the throttle quadrant for.

Alex

Hi Nick, Hi Alex,

you are right, that is no full reverse simulation by the CH Throttle.

But in the real life (of the simulator) you and I use the reverse for

1) landing - always with full reverse power

2) push back - always with full reverse power

First, I was also a little bit dissatisfied.

But in normal use of the Twotter you need no sensitive reverse operation.

So this solution with FSUPIC is ok for me.

rgds

Albrecht

Hi Nick, Hi Alex,

you are right, that is no full reverse simulation by the CH Throttle.

But in the real life (of the simulator) you and I use the reverse for

1) landing - always with full reverse power

2) push back - always with full reverse power

First, I was also a little bit dissatisfied.

But in normal use of the Twotter you need no sensitive reverse operation.

So this solution with FSUPIC is ok for me.

rgds

Albrecht

Well that is how I have it setup now, hopefully temporarily. However, it's a matter of preference, not a matter of necessity. You are right, we don't need sensitive reverse operation, but we would like it, and seeing that it works with other aircraft, we would like it to work with the Twotter as well.

A halfway viable solution is to change the min_throttle_limit in the GENERALENGINEDATA section in the aircraft.cfg:

[GENERALENGINEDATA]

min_throttle_limit = -0.25

Then throttle lever will move fully back then. You get more reverse power using the throttle quadrant - the aircraft can do a pushback just using reverse.

But: You will not get as much reverse power as before - not even using F2.

This all looks like a FS limitation to me.

Alex

A halfway viable solution is to change the min_throttle_limit in the GENERALENGINEDATA section in the aircraft.cfg:

[GENERALENGINEDATA]

min_throttle_limit = -0.25

Then throttle lever will move fully back then. You get more reverse power using the throttle quadrant - the aircraft can do a pushback just using reverse.

But: You will not get as much reverse power as before - not even using F2.

This all looks like a FS limitation to me.

Alex

I don't get it. You say you get more reverse power using the throttle quadrant. Then you say you will not get as much reverse power as before. This is quite contradictory, maybe you could explain a little better?

I don't get it. You say you get more reverse power using the throttle quadrant. Then you say you will not get as much reverse power as before. This is quite contradictory, maybe you could explain a little better?

Sorry, will try to clarify:

Before this change you could just hit F2 and get the full 60% reverse. But after this change F2 will be limited to 25%.

If you do this change will get more reverse thrust when using the throttle quadrant - but less for the F2 key.

Kinda hard to explain for a non native speaker. Just try it out and keep whatever value you like.

Alex

• 4 months later...

This reverse thrust issue for the Twin Otter where the throttles would only go to -25% has now been fixed for the users of the registered version of FSUIPC, it was actually an issue of FSUIPC's making. There is an interim release available at http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=55488

Enjoy.

Only for registered users of FSUIPC.