Install issues via Aerosoft One (FSS E-Jets MSFS)

Hawks1326

Hey everyone! There wasn’t a great place to post this, so I’ll post here and hope someone can direct me to the correct place or answer. 

I realize that the FSS E-Jets are NOT your product, but I’m experiencing an issue while attempting to install the mod via Aerosoft One. 

I’ll receive an error that the Aerosoft Component that installs with the FSS E-Jet errored during install and I’m instructed to uninstall/reinstall and restart the PC. I’ve attempted all of this, but it continues to error. When attempting to load the sim, I’ll receive an error on the MFD stating that the computer couldn’t start due to an error and the handlebar yoke shows up full deflection to the left and cannot be manipulated. I have reached out to the FSS devs for support as well, but wonder if the error might be something that Aerosoft can support me with considering it pertains to the install process thru your software. I also attempted installing Directly into the community folder and into an Aerosoft One folder generated by the program. I’m still experiencing the issue unfortunately. I’ve also attempted running Aerosoft One as an Admin and without.

I’m running Windows 11 on an AMD 5900X with 64 GB of G.Skill DDR 4 3600MHz RAM, an Asus TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 and a 1 TB and 2 TB Samsung M.2 NVMe SSDs. MSFS and it’s a Windows Store purchase, not Steam.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Hawks1326

Here's a snapshot of the error I receive. I also disabled my firewall and antivirus to see if they are tripping up the installer. Unfortunately, it's still reporting this error.

I even uninstalled this specific module (Aerosoft One Utilities), and reinstalled it and am still receiving the error. It's almost as if the file doesn't even download. It shows that it is attempting to download for a second, progress meter never hits 100% then it flips to "Performing Actions" then An error has occured a few seconds after that.

Regards,

Hawks1326

Please login to display this image.

10 hours ago, jarmstro said:

This is what I am getting as well. I've tied everything I can think of to no avail. It just will not install.

EDIT In my case with the E175

Thank you for chiming in! Was thinking I was the only one for awhile there (which would be my luck lol!). 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let me ask some advise.

Thank you so much for looking into this Mathijs! Let me know if there’s anything else that I can provide for diagnostics etc… or if you need me to try something for testing.

40 minutes ago, Hawks1326 said:

Thank you so much for looking into this Mathijs! Let me know if there’s anything else that I can provide for diagnostics etc… or if you need me to try something for testing.

I've gone though everything to try to get it to install including safe mode and turning off every protection. As you have said it does not appear to download. I'm wondering if there is a way to manually download the installer file?  All the other Aerosoft One products I have bought are fine.

5 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I've gone though everything to try to get it to install including safe mode and turning off every protection. As you have said it does not appear to download. I'm wondering if there is a way to manually download the installer file?  All the other Aerosoft One products I have bought are fine.

That’s a great question! @Mathijs Kok would this be possible?

Thanks again for your support!

Regards,

Hawks1326

9 hours ago, Hawks1326 said:

That’s a great question! @Mathijs Kok would this be possible?

Thanks again for your support!

Regards,

Hawks1326

OK. I have found a sort of fix. The files have actually been downloaded in my case I've discovered. To get it to work I have to manually start the program by executing (as administrator) the .exe found in Community\aerosoft-one-msfs-utilities\utilities. This needs to be done before you load a flight.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

John

Hello @Hawks1326 and @jarmstro,

this might have one of the following two reasons:

- During the installation of the Aerosoft One MSFS Utilities, adding the executable to the exe.xml file of the MSFS failed

- The MSFS failed to launch the entries listed in the exe.xml file

I recommend (as jarmstro wrote) to launch the utilities manually and see if this solves the problem.

16 minutes ago, J. Zameit said:

Hello @Hawks1326 and @jarmstro,

this might have one of the following two reasons:

- During the installation of the Aerosoft One MSFS Utilities, adding the executable to the exe.xml file of the MSFS failed

- The MSFS failed to launch the entries listed in the exe.xml file

I recommend (as jarmstro wrote) to launch the utilities manually and see if this solves the problem.

In my case it was the former. Possibly because the exe.xml file is not in the default position because I do not have MSFS installed on my C drive?. I've added the utilities exe to it now.  It might be a good idea if the installer would ask for the exe.xml location if it can't find it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb jarmstro:

In my case it was the former. Possibly because the exe.xml file is not in the default position because I do not have MSFS installed on my C drive?. I've added the utilities exe to it now.  It might be a good idea if the installer would ask for the exe.xml location if it can't find it.

If I am not mistaken, MSFS places the exe.xml always at the same location:

MS Store Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\exe.xml"

Steam Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\exe.xml"

Can you check if the exe.xml is located there and if not, tell me where it is and how you modified the location?

1 hour ago, J. Zameit said:

If I am not mistaken, MSFS places the exe.xml always at the same location:

MS Store Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\exe.xml"

Steam Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\exe.xml"

Can you check if the exe.xml is located there and if not, tell me where it is and how you modified the location?

My exe.xml file is located as edited below (sorry, I can't copy the very long address because I'm on my iPad). It's on my F: drive along with the whole MSFS installation.

1 hour ago, J. Zameit said:

F:/WpSystem.....................AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\exe.xml"

This is just where the MSFS installer put it when I selected to install the sim on my F:Drive. I didn't modify anything. The exe.xml already had correct entries for the Fenix, Maddog, GSX and others so it's definitely findable to an installer.

I've recongnized this also. In my case the Aerosoft One installer for the EJet Series has deleted all other Entries in my exe.xml. Only the aersoft one utility are listed in the exe.xml after setuproutine by the one installer.
I have to put back all other entries by hand (honeycomb bridge, vdgs, fsuips and so on...) now it works as it should. A bit "nervig". And they dont backup the old xml like other product. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LX2005:

I've recongnized this also. In my case the Aerosoft One installer for the EJet Series has deleted all other Entries in my exe.xml. Only the aersoft one utility are listed in the exe.xml after setuproutine by the one installer.
I have to put back all other entries by hand (honeycomb bridge, vdgs, fsuips and so on...) now it works as it should. A bit "nervig". And they dont backup the old xml like other product. 

This is weird and should not happen.

Aerosoft One would detect an existing exe.xml and only add the entry to the file.

Also, Aerosoft One is supposed to backup the exe.xml into "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Aerosoft One\Backups". Can you check if a backup has been created?

vor 21 Stunden schrieb J. Zameit:

This is weird and should not happen.

Aerosoft One would detect an existing exe.xml and only add the entry to the file.

Also, Aerosoft One is supposed to backup the exe.xml into "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Aerosoft One\Backups". Can you check if a backup has been created?

Hy Julian, theres no backup folder.... weird 

Please login to display this image.

vor einer Stunde schrieb mopperle:

@LX2005 When you start your PC and login into Windows, do you use the account "Administrator" or do you use a different account name?

yes the real administrator account ;) 

Thanks for letting us know.

I will test and reevaluate the current backup system. Seems to be not working for some people.

And, sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused. It's a shame the exe.xml got overwritten without any backup. This shouldn't be happening.

• Upvote 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb J. Zameit:

Thanks for letting us know.

I will test and reevaluate the current backup system. Seems to be not working for some people.

And, sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused. It's a shame the exe.xml got overwritten without any backup. This shouldn't be happening.

thanks for your investigation and work!

• Thanks 1

I think I'm lucky by reading all this before installing the e-Jet 175 and not getting into trouble with my MSFS installation.

I couldn't do anything yesterday because when registering the product via Aerosoft One it says it could not validate the key, in my case, the one provided by SimMarket after the purchase (opened a ticket for that, still waiting).

I would recommend not to intend to tweak anything, and wait for an official solution from Aerosoft.