CRJ MSFS vs. P3D version for study?

Gareth Allen

I am hoping to have a job offer to fly the CRJ soon, and so looking to practice in the sim. I have P3D V5 and MSFS, is there a difference between the aerosoft CRJs between these? I have a slight preference for P3D when using the PMDG 737, as the dials and knobs are way easier to control in P3D and you can pop out 2d windows. Just wondering if I'd be missing out getting the P3D version of Aerosoft's CRJ. Also considering getting the FS2Crew add-on, if that is relevant.

Thanks!

Without answering for whether or not use any desktop flight sim stuff for training, I would highly advice against using P3D at this time/invest time and energy into it. It's a dated platform, probably without necessary resources or interest to get it up to date. Better learn how to adjust the knobs in MSFS, than stick to the past :)

But speaking of different simulators strengths. X-plane is running FAA approved setups, and I'm actually quite impressed with XP-12. MSFS has some sincere problems in ground dynamics simulation (it's still the old FSX-friction model as far as I know), and although flying in MSFS is getting improved and feels less static with the dynamic CFD-system, very few aircraft are ported over yet (and there are still some problems, especially with rudder authority). I know quite a lot of student pilots who use X-plane for both fun and training.