My Traffic X

StewartSky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shaun

There was no history of changes that I could find on the hard disk. Not a big deal! it is working fine.

Another question, I am finding that MyTrafficX increases my initial load time of FSX quite a bit.

Is there a way to disable MyTrafficX for the times I would rather not use it so that FSX loads faster? I don't want to remove it, just disable it for a day or two and then re-enable it.

My Traffic Manager has the Remove aircraft, scenery and schedules function and the Rebuild MyTrafficX aircraft,scenery and schedules functions but I am not sure that they do what I am interested in doing and am hesitant to try it since those functions seem to be more for removing MyTrafficX.

Thanks

John

All traffic packages increase the loading time its not unique to MTX, one way to disable MTX is to go into the scenery library manager and untick the Mytraffic entry. The other way you can do it is to use windows explorer and open the main FSX folder then rename the folder 'Mytraffic' to something else like 'MytrafficOFF', you will get an error warning when you start FSX but as soon as you click on the OK button once FSX will load as normal.

It still needs the time to check through all the aircraft, though. You can bypass this the most simple way by renaming MyTraffic\aircraft to aircraft1, done't forget to change back when you want to see all again. I do this trick often when I build new aircraft and have to look at them hundreds of times, saves me many hours.

Thanks Burkhard. That technique works great.

My wife and I often just plant ourselves on a grassy area off the runways at different airports and watch MyTraffic X at work on our 52 inch HDTV. We watch what is going on for hours at a time..

You have done just great work on MyTraffic. I don't know what you could do to improve it but we will look forward to future versions.

Thanks to you and Andy for your help

John

I still have plans what to add the next 20 years and just hope for NO NEW INCOMPATIBLE flight sim in this time. :D

The next version will see as example Twin Otters landing in Male Sea Port ( a good place to whatch them, have a nice summer cocktail together with your wife ), new GA planes now in full FSX technology ( Cessna 150, Cessna 206, Piper PA 32 Lance ), FSX Tornados, Eurofighter, Transall, and a few more, and will come out soon. In the Seattle area, it will even be a bit ahead of times, maybe 3 months. After this some USAF planes will follow, the Hercules as example, other GA planes, the last remaining small commuters. I just went through a data set of the approx 600 most frequent airline types, and found less than a dozen of them that aren't in MyTraffic now.

• 1 month later...

hey i installed my traffic x for fsx with sp1 and sp2. when i open fsx and click on fly now. my fps just drops, with my traffic x working. i wonder what the problem is. thanks. is there any way to rectify the problem? using a a quad core processsor 2.4ghz

hey i installed my traffic x for fsx with sp1 and sp2. when i open fsx and click on fly now. my fps just drops, with my traffic x working. i wonder what the problem is. thanks. is there any way to rectify the problem? using a a quad core processsor 2.4ghz

Framerate dropping means that you order your hardware to do stuff it cannot do at the value that you have set. FSX, while using multiple cores, does not scale with the numbers of cores, I would estimate a quad core with 2.4Ghz is as fast as a dual core with 3.2GHz, so your hardware is about average.

Going deeper into detail how to attack this, more info is needed. Are you refering to addon airports or to stock airports. What are your settings, especially about scenery density and advanced animation. Background of this question is that the biggest CPU killer in FSX associated with AI traffic are the moving jetways at large default airports. At O'Hare there are about 200 jetways to move, and when there are airplanes at all of them instead of 30 only one 2.4 core isn't sufficient just for them. Interesting enough, after about 1-2 minutes when the jetways have coupled to the aircraft frame rate goes up if this is the problem. In this case, remove the scenery density one step, that will reduce the number of jetways that have to be moved, and can, if this is th eproblem, double the frame rate.

If you see drops of frame rates and are not near (15 miles ) to large airports that have jetways, the second killer is just to move all the the airplanes, and in this case the simple way is to adapt the traffic density. Most users I know prefer settings between 30% and 40%, since this leaves enough space for them to move themselves and not queue until christmas for a take off - in the trinagle between your hardware, your taste of what is enough life and your expected performance this is the most easy way to find a good point.

If all this does not yet help, there are still more options available, but which one to recommend I would need a lot of detailed information where you get what with which settings and which addons, how the frame rate depends on the above sliders, etc, to really track down the best thing for you to do, also please provide the number of frames you get when you hit the pause button, because that helps to find the bottleneck.

• 1 month later...

Friends

I must say I am a bit disappointed in My Traffic 2010 I installed it,did see a lot of legacy files pass,I tried everything the book says,although English is not my native language.I managed to alter the dll.xml but no traffic toolbox.I got rid of all the WAOI files in add-on/scenery and

in scenery/world/scenery, I downloaded the traffic_bgls,run it and it kindly says have patience, but after a long wile it did nothing at all. Btw. In fs9 the 2006 works fine.

I payed good pensionmoney for the software and I expect it to work,without building it with diving deep in the flightsim. After 4 days spending a lot of time and send a lot of co2 into the atmosfer I give up and deinstalled it the way it is described.

So I downloaded the trialversion of UT2 from flight1, and see on the two airports it was working good and a lot of planes there. I deinstalled it and didn't buy yet.I should try support from the vendor of this software I payed for.

Regards Dick

With FSX, the traffic toolbox is part of FSX professional and Microsoft law deparment has forbidden us to install it for you. This is well documented in the SDK manual how to do it - but a tricky thing so let us put this to the side for the moment and come back to this when we know what is gong on.

So, you installed MyTraffic 2010? I do not understand what you mean by "did see a lot of legacy files pass". Also what do you mean with " I downloaded the traffic_bgls?". MyTraffic 2010 installs, then a lot of aircaft installers and scenery and Flight plan installers put their stuff into the correct places, and then nothing more is needed, the world is extremely busy everywhere. If not, then this means that besides the legacy files from other addons you already removed there are more. There is no need to do anything with MyTraffic setup after installation - and if it does not work this means there is a problem with FSX as it is on your computer, and not with MyTraffic.

Now it isn't clear to me what you did in order to fix it while nothing was broken. You always can easily get back to the installation as it is supposed to be by defalt. By running the second part of the setup again, a simple double click onto MyTraffic\runonce.bat will restore everything where it belongs. Do not mind any file not found messages, they are normal in this case. If you get messages about file protection, this would indicate that your user rights are insufficient, we could go through this.

So please, double click to runonce.bat, and start FSX. If this still does not show any AI traffic, there still are incompatible old format AI files installed and we have to find them.

• 1 year later...

Hello peoples i got a question too you gays. I did lost my CD cover and the Serial key is in the box, what should i do?

plizz Replay :)

Patrick :mecry_s:

You need to write to support@aerosoft.com but they will ask you for some proof of purchase.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I was just wondering if you can add your aircraft to the 'My Traffic Board' and sort of blend in with all the other aircraft on the board

Also can you have like a live schedule in My traffic X. For example: In real life at Sydney a 747 might be landing at 10:42 a.m. on the 4th of January 2012. Now I was wondering if this can be done in My traffic X so while i'm playing in Fsx at this exact time the 747 will be landing at this time (according to the schedule and weather there is any delays in the sim or in real life). This would be a great feature but if this cannot be done than the next update or traffic add-on must have this feature (it will obviously require internet).

Thanks for your time trying to answer my questions

Brendon

Ok

Can you please give me a step by step tutorial of how to add your aircraft to to the My Traffic Board or give me a link to a video or another website that explains how to do this

It would be great if you could

Thanks

Brendon

Hi

Yes there was a maual that came with it but its complex and there is a few different pieces of content but it is compicated to understand and its easier to just get a step by step tutorial from someone or a link to a video or a document and I could not find anything in the forum that you told me to go to

Brendon

Hi again

I searched on YouTube but could not find any videos that could answer my question, can you please help me with a link to a video that you found or a tutorial from a website or yourself?

Thanks

Brendon

Brendon neither MyTrafficBoard nor SupertrafficBoard version 1 allows the user aircraft to appear on the departure and arrival boards, that feature was not added to SuperTrafficBoard till at least version 2 I think. MyTrafficBoard never had this facility and it never will as it's no longer supported, that's where STB took over.