My Traffic X

StewartSky

Most of the military models do not support DX10 yet. Full support of the DX10 preview for the military is planned for version 5.2b, which I hope will be available in about a year.

Sounds promising! You' ve sold one copy already!

Btw.: as far as I can judge the majority of German (dschörmen) military air traffic flies with 'mission-callsigns' (for example 'mi4657').

HF

• 2 months later...
Hi again.

Just home from a weekand away from my computer I took a quick look.

FSX says: version 10.0.61637.0

traffictoolbox.dll says: version 10.0.30355.0

So.....

Jack

Hi - Did this ever get resolved for you? I also had a version string listing so I copied the traffictoolbox.dll from the Environments section of the SDK to the My Traffic directory. It replaced the previous one put there by MyTraffic, and it resolved the version mismatch message I got. Now the dll loads and the tools menu appears.

To confirm this, put a copy of simconnect.ini in your My Documents\Flight Simulator X\ directory. As FSX loads, a progress box will open up and tell you what is happening with the dll's that are supposed to load. Sorry if this has already been done in your FSX system.

Sincerely,

water4fuel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a boxed verson of MY TRAFIC X it is marked VERSON 5.0a Ihave seen two upgrades on the aerosoft site ,but these require VERSON 5.1 in order to work .Is my product able to be upgraded? If not should I purchase the product from scratch? Many Thanks . Harley

• 2 months later...

Hello Harley,

Yes you can upgrade for a small fee.

Please see this page <a href="http://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re/links/updates.html" target="_blank"> here</a> for details.

I am at a bit of a Loss as to why I cant use the 5.20a patch for my 5.1b version. Any other program I know of all updates in a series regardless of number 5.X should be able to be patched to the latest. For example FSCommanderX 8.1 can be updated to 8.5 without issue. Yet when I try install the 5.2a patch of my patched 5.1 install of MyTraffic it wont install. Saying I need to own version 5.2, now if this was an update to 6.X i could understand.

Canadianwolf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm having troubles understanding how to upgrade MyTrafficX:

I own a DVD with version 5.1b on it.

I tried to use the upgrade on the support page to 5.2a but it quits running saying that I need 5.2 installed.

How do I get 5.2?

Do i need to buy an upgrade?

Thanks!

Federico

I purchased the boxed version of MyTraffic X 5.2 from FSPilot shop today. It installed with no problems.

I installed the sound patch as per the manual although the manual does not give you a clue on what the sound patch is or what it does. It also does not describe what happens if you do not install it?

I do see planes at the terminal at KLAX (Los Angeles International) that I did not see before installing MyTraffic X but nothing is moving, taking off, landing etc. Also there is no sound other than my own airplane.

I have no idea if MyTraffic X is working or not. I presume the lack of the Extras tab is pretty critical to the operation of MyTraffic X.

I noted that there are some patches available for MyTraffic X (I have 5.2 according to the disc although the manual keeps referring to version 5.1) but I have no idea if I need to apply those patches. I don't know how to determine the exact version of my 5.2 (i.e. 5.2a etc.)

Anyway, I have the same problem as others, the Extras tab does not appear on the FSX drop down menu bar.

Windows XP SP3

FSX Accelleration

E8400

4 gb ram

GTX-275 video board

I studied this forum carefully. Installed SDK from the original disk, Installed SP1A, downloaded and installed SDK SP2. All installed fine.

As per the manual I changed the %appdata%Microsoftfsxdll.xml file to change the toolbox section <disabled>true<disabled> to false and saved it.

Still no Extras tab in FSX.

I have been trying to get it working for about 5 hours now and getting nowhere.

I have no idea what is going on and why I cannot get to work.

Here is my dll.xml file as it appears in the %appdata%Microsoftfsx folder (linefeeds included for clarity). I would appreciate very much any help I can get.

John

EDIT: I see that when I pasted the following for some reason it stripped out the slashes from the paths. They are there in the original DLL.XML file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<Path>..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FeelThere CitationX Helper</Name>

<Path>FeelThereCitationXCitationXH.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FeelThere PIC737X Helper</Name>

<Path>FeelThereB737PIC737XH.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>ModulesFSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

The menu you are looking for is called 'Add-ons' not 'Extras' and the add-ons menu is not needed at all for MyTrafficX to work correctly, you only need to see this add-ons menu when you start compiling your own traffic files with the MyTraffic editor, and even then its only to prove that you have the correct SDK version installed for your version of FSX.

The planes take about 5 to 7 minutes before they start moving away from the stands because they have to be fuelled first, if you move your airport ground vehicle slider to 0 then the fuelling will happen instantly and aircraft should start pushing back as soon as they finish getting clearance from ATC.

You probably wont see any arrival traffic for about 10 minutes after starting the sim, but if you wait around long enough you will see plenty of traffic in the world.

As for the subject of the sound patch, if you don't install and run this patch then you wont hear the names spoken by ATC of the many new airlines added by MTX, instead you would hear a code name or numbers. So for example instead of hearing 'Speedbird 1234 blah blah', you would here something like 'BA1234 blah blah' or even just '1234'.

The menu you are looking for is called 'Add-ons' not 'Extras' and the add-ons menu is not needed at all for MyTrafficX to work correctly, you only need to see this add-ons menu when you start compiling your own traffic files with the MyTraffic editor, and even then its only to prove that you have the correct SDK version installed for your version of FSX.

The planes take about 5 to 7 minutes before they start moving away from the stands because they have to be fuelled first, if you move your airport ground vehicle slider to 0 then the fuelling will happen instantly and aircraft should start pushing back as soon as they finish getting clearance from ATC.

You probably wont see any arrival traffic for about 10 minutes after starting the sim, but if you wait around long enough you will see plenty of traffic in the world.

As for the subject of the sound patch, if you don't install and run this patch then you wont hear the names spoken by ATC of the many new airlines added by MTX, instead you would hear a code name or numbers. So for example instead of hearing 'Speedbird 1234 blah blah', you would here something like 'BA1234 blah blah' or even just '1234'.

Thanks for the input. Well, my manual on page 35 says "You will find the additional menu Extras in the menu bar of the flight simulator. This menu gives you access to some additional features of My Traffic X". I think what is happening here is I have a manual for version 5.1 (because the manual keeps referring to 5.1) and I have version 5.2 which is probably different in appearance than version 5.1. Still don't know if I need any patches or not.

I placed my plane at KLAX and waited for about 30 minutes and nothing moved. There were a couple of planes just sitting at the gate and they never moved. I did hear some ATC traffic but only a couple of exchanges. I tried moving the vehicle slider to 0 but still nothing moved. I then went to Las Vegas (a very busy airport) but no planes appeared at that airport at all. Does MyTraffic work at any airport (if it is reasonably busy) or only at specific airports?

Totally confused. Is there any place I can get an updated manual for 5.2?

Thanks again

Are you sure you are seeing MTX traffic, and not some other package like WOAI or even default, also make sure you have adjusted the traffic density sliders up to about 66% for both Airliners and GA, try going to EGCC Manchester UK and you should definitely see something taxi out within 10 minutes or so, use time acceleration too then you don't have to sit there for 30 minutes really. Don't go any faster than X4 time acceleration though as this deletes all the traffic until you drop it back to X4 or lower.

To accelerate time press R then + to speed up time, then - to slow it down again, if you find that the + or - keys stop working after 30 seconds or so press the R key again and the -/+ keys should start working again.

As for the manual I think some of the detail is lost in translation slightly that's all, and for sure there is absolutely nothing in that add-ons menu that will effect MTX functionality, as I said already the add-on menu being there just proves than you have the correct version of the SDK installed and functioning for your version of FSX, if its not there then you did something wrong somewhere, but you don't need it anyway if you are not going to use the MyTraffic X Editor.

Are you sure you are seeing MTX traffic, and not some other package like WOAI or even default, also make sure you have adjusted the traffic density sliders up to about 66% for both Airliners and GA, try going to EGCC Manchester UK and you should definitely see something taxi out within 10 minutes or so, use time acceleration too then you don't have to sit there for 30 minutes really. Don't go any faster than X4 time acceleration though as this deletes all the traffic until you drop it back to X4 or lower.

To accelerate time press R then + to speed up time, then - to slow it down again, if you find that the + or - keys stop working after 30 seconds or so press the R key again and the -/+ keys should start working again.

As for the manual I think some of the detail is lost in translation slightly that's all, and for sure there is absolutely nothing in that add-ons menu that will effect MTX functionality, as I said already the add-on menu being there just proves than you have the correct version of the SDK installed and functioning for your version of FSX, if its not there then you did something wrong somewhere, but you don't need it anyway if you are not going to use the MyTraffic X Editor.

Thanks Andy

I'll try your suggestions and get back with you. The reason I have the Addons menu is I have FSUIPC installed so probably nothing to do with MTX.

Thanks Andy

I'll try your suggestions and get back with you. The reason I have the Addons menu is I have FSUIPC installed so probably nothing to do with MTX.

In that case do you see Traffic Toolbox in the add-ons menu too then? If you do then I'm fairly certain that you have the correct SDK version installed.

Edit comments deleted: Never mind its the 5hite forum software that is stripping the slashes :mad: .

You sound like you dont have the correct SDK installed then, you dont have Acceleration installed by any chance do you, if you do there is a different SDK version for that too, you will find it on the Acceleration disk.

Edit comments deleted: Never mind its the 5hite forum software that is stripping the slashes mad.gif .

You sound like you dont have the correct SDK installed then, you dont have Acceleration installed by any chance do you, if you do there is a different SDK version for that too, you will find it on the Acceleration disk.

Hi Andy

I have the planes taking off and landing now thanks to you. I still don't get the drop down selection with the MyTraffic addon and sure would like to.

One thing I can't get to work is the ATC talking to the planes and vice versa. The sounds from the engines of the planes taking off is fine. Is there another keypress to turn on the ATC sounds? I am sure I installed the sound patch but maybe it went bad. I don't see anyway of uninstalling/installing just the sound patch.

On the SDK, I installed the original from the FSX disk, then the one from the Acceleration disk, then downloaded Version 2 from Microsoft and installed that. All of the SDK installations/updates went fine. The slashes are there in the actual DLL.XML but when I highlighted them in the editor and pasted them into the post above the slashes got taken out for some reason.

How do I get the ATC sound to work? Re-install sound? Like I say, that install went fine.

John

Ah right that's where you went wrong, the Acceleration SDK is different to the SP2 SDK and they aren't compatible with one another, you are going to have to reinstall the Acceleration SDK from the Acceleration disk that will sort that problem out.

I thought you realised already from my posts that MyTrafficX doesn't have a drop down menu of any kind whatsoever within FSX, it doesn't need one, you use the same traffic sliders as you do for default FSX AI to control the traffic amounts nothing else is configurable from within FSX.

The MyTrafficX editor is a stand alone program that allows you to add traffic and change schedules etc and you do all this before you even start FSX. It's far too complicated to explain here, but I will say there is a manual included with the package that tells you how to go about setting it up and how to use it, most people though never use the editor and are quite happy with the 750,000+ weekly flights that come with MTX as default.

You may have been confused about what Traffic Toolbox is and thought that was part of MTX, its not, its actually part of the FSX SDK and again its not something that can be explained/discussed here really, and again there is documentation and help files that come with the SDK that can explain the ins and outs of it also. The website FSinsider also has lots of information about the FSX SDK and what you can do with it, as well as links to other websites with further help.

I presume you have never used ATC in FSX before then as if you had you would know what the sound patch has done. The easiest thing to do is look at the key assignments to see which key brings up the ATC menu (it's the "@" key on my keyboard but it can be different depending on what your regional keyboard settings are in Windows) once you bring this ATC window up how you use it is pretty self explanatory. Basically you select a ATC menu item by pressing the number (or you can click on the selection with your mouse) next to the task you want to persform and it will automatically tune the aircraft radio to the relevant frequency for the area/facility/airport that you are at, once this is done you will then hear the MTX traffic talking to the controllers asking for clearance and taxi instructions etc, etc.

Ah right that's where you went wrong, the Acceleration SDK is different to the SP2 SDK and they aren't compatible with one another, you are going to have to reinstall the Acceleration SDK from the Acceleration disk that will sort that problem out.

I thought you realised already from my posts that MyTrafficX doesn't have a drop down menu of any kind whatsoever within FSX, it doesn't need one, you use the same traffic sliders as you do for default FSX AI to control the traffic amounts nothing else is configurable from within FSX.

The MyTrafficX editor is a stand alone program that allows you to add traffic and change schedules etc and you do all this before you even start FSX. It's far too complicated to explain here, but I will say there is a manual included with the package that tells you how to go about setting it up and how to use it, most people though never use the editor and are quite happy with the 750,000+ weekly flights that come with MTX as default.

You may have been confused about what Traffic Toolbox is and thought that was part of MTX, its not, its actually part of the FSX SDK and again its not something that can be explained/discussed here really, and again there is documentation and help files that come with the SDK that can explain the ins and outs of it also. The website FSinsider also has lots of information about the FSX SDK and what you can do with it, as well as links to other websites with further help.

I presume you have never used ATC in FSX before then as if you had you would know what the sound patch has done. The easiest thing to do is look at the key assignments to see which key brings up the ATC menu (it's the "@" key on my keyboard but it can be different depending on what your regional keyboard settings are in Windows) once you bring this ATC window up how you use it is pretty self explanatory. Basically you select a ATC menu item by pressing the number (or you can click on the selection with your mouse) next to the task you want to persform and it will automatically tune the aircraft radio to the relevant frequency for the area/facility/airport that you are at, once this is done you will then hear the MTX traffic talking to the controllers asking for clearance and taxi instructions etc, etc.

You hit it on the head about the Menu drop down. I was looking at the Version 5.1 manual and that is where I got that from. Sure would have been nice to get a little note in the box saying there is a new manual on the CD.

I am surprised about the SDK. Earlier in this forum several people were explicit about installing all of the SKD updates. Hopefully I can get them uninstalled and re-install the original then the one on the accelleration disk.

What I actually was talking about on the ATC was the voices of the ATC talking to the other planes in MTX. I could have sworn the first time I ran it I heard a lot of chatter between MTX aircraft and the tower/ATC. Maybe I am wrong on that. Yes on my keyboard the ATC window comes up when pressing the accent key or scroll lock. Other than the chatter between the ATC and MTX planes I appear to have it running, but again maybe MTX does not actually have that capability, I'm sure you will let me know about that. Since it appears to be running now maybe I don't have to change the SDK stuff around?

Yes, I now see that the other functions are stand alone now that I have discovered the new manual on the CD.

You have been a giant help Andy, I owe you!!

John

The SDK install should be easy enough just run the Accel SDK installer again from the Acceleration disk and it should automatically tell you that it needs to uninstall the SP2 SDK before it can continue which it will proceed to do once you give it the OK.

MTX doesn't come with any fancy new radio chatter, all it does is add new airline names and callsigns to the default FSX ATC system, if the traffic is about to make a move though and you are tuned to the correct frequency you will hear the MTX traffic talking to the FSX ATC system.

• Upvote 1

Hello John,

did you have tried my suggestion in this thread: xml.dll . I believe that the paths are not correct to the sdk. The SDK can't worked in proper way with indirect paths.

just my 2 cents

Dave

Hi Andy and Dave

I got sidetracked with a health issue with my wife so am just getting back.

I have it all running fine now thanks to the both of you.

I am curious about one thing tho. Over on the SimMarket forum the author of MyTraffic X, Burghard, refers to patches to update MyTraffic X to version 5.2a. I sent a message to him asking about it, he replied that there are apparently two products of it (Aerosoft and SimMarket) which he apparently directly supports the product on that forum and Aerosoft supports it here. I cannot find any reference to a patch on this forum at all. He was kind enough to enlighten me on how to determine if I have 5.2 or 5.2a. Following those instructions I found I have 5.2. Do either of you know if there is a patch to 5.2a on here that I have not found? I don't know what improvements were made with 5.2a.

I really took a FPS hit when on the ground with MyTraffic X, about the best I can do is 10-11 FPS. I have made a lot of adjustments to the various settings without much improvement.

Thanks

John

Hi Shaun

Thanks for the help. I have registered the product, obtained the download and installed it. Is there a summary available of what changes were added on installing 5.2a? Do you automatically notify registered users of MyTraffic X when they are available or do users just check every once in awhile for updates?

Thanks again

John